Pixar Planet

Mitch's Compositions

Here is the place to post any of your art work not related to Pixar, be it original or not.

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby Mitch » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:08 pm

Bill - Next on the list is a sketchy collage of one of my favorite characters from the worst Disney film on earth, The Black Cauldron. I decided not to hold it off any longer and just went ahead and drew a few of the dude's poses. You'll see who I'm talking about later on.... ;)

If you go back a page, you will also notice, at the bottom of the page, a drawing of a meerkat I did.

-- Mitch
Last edited by Mitch on Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mitch
Wilderness Explorer

Postby The Star Swordsman » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:29 am

Can't wait to see your next new ones Mitch!
The Star Swordsman
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby Bill » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:31 am

Mitch - Oh, I know who you're talking about..... :lol: Can't wait to see the drawing of Gurgi.
Bill

Postby Mell_O_Drama » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:43 pm

Mitch wrote:Bill - Next on the list is a sketchy collage of one of my favorite characters from the worst Disney film on earth, The Black Cauldron.

Haha, am I the only one who actually liked The Black Cauldron? I think the witches in it are hilarious! XD Can't wait to see who you draw, Mitch!
Mell_O_Drama
Retired Tech & Design Admin

Postby lizardgirl » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:06 pm

Mitch- Oh, I think Meerkat Manor was on one of the main channels for a while, BBC or Channel 4 or something. I watched a bit of it when it was on, but now it's moved to Animal Planet, I can't be bothered. :lol: Looking forward to your next piece of art!
Like looking at or creating Pixar fanart? Then you'll love PixarPlanetdA!
lizardgirl
Pixar Planet dA Administrator

Postby Mitch » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:28 pm

The Star Swordsman - Thank you! ;)

Bill - How the heck did you know that?! :P Oh well. Thanks anyway! :lol:

Mell O Drama (alias Mell Mussolini, alias Mell Città Tito Sant'Angelo, alias Casanova) - Haha. I actually have kind of a "love-hate" relationship with The Black Cauldron. I absolutely despise the film itself, but I rather favor the character designs. Not to mention, Gurgi is probably the most darling Disney character ever created (in my opinion -- heheh). ;)

My dad worked on it, actually. He animated the part where Henwin is attempting to escape from the dragons. Look for his name in the credits. (snigger)

Thanks, dude! :mrgreen:

lizardgirl - Haha! :lol:

Thank you!

-- Mitch
Mitch
Wilderness Explorer

Postby The Star Swordsman » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:17 am

So welcome Mitch!
The Star Swordsman

Postby Mitch » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:22 am

Vim 'I collect spores, moulds and fungus' Fuego - Thank you! And aww -- you don't get Animal Planet? That sucks, dude. :cry:

------------------

Great balls of flaming cheese burgers from the planet Pluto, I'm tired.... I swear, if this hadn't taken me so long I might have had some pep left to explain all the details, even though there are no details. (snigger)

Badda-bing:

Fact: I hate drawing his hair. Hate...it. For some odd reason, I have a harder time drawing hair than hands. Figure that one out....

Taking that forlorn statement into account, we may as well look at the plus side, which is this: I had alot of fun drawing the dude and I am extremely proud of how the middle sketch turned out. No, I'm not being vain; it's just the first time I've been able to draw Gurgi on model. The freaking fuzzball is a pain in the butt to get right as far as proportions go, even though his general anatomy is right up my alley. Heh....

A big thanks goes to www.magicalscreencaps.com for the movie stills I used as reference.

My apologies in that the image itself is rather..."mistreated". I love character sheets and like to treat them with respect, and so I did my best to clean up the picture in Photoshop; however, I had a heck of a time doing it. The entire composition itself took approxiamately 3-4 hours to complete and, as such, I was just too tired to figure out how to blend in certain parts in the drawing.

Wow. There were details...and I explained them all. Go figure. :P

Welp, enjoy it, in any case. :D

-- Mitch

P.S./Edit: Please keep in mind that Gurgi's color palette in this particular drawing is not entirely accurate. I did my best to create/find Photoshop colors that would match his true tones, but a good percentage of the colors chosen are a little "off the mark".
Last edited by Mitch on Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mitch
Wilderness Explorer

Postby The Star Swordsman » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:27 am

Gurgi looks really nice! I don;t see why you hat it so much. It is really good. THe hair was drawn nicely.
The Star Swordsman

Postby Mitch » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:51 am

The Star Swordsman - Ha! My mom said the same thing. She said something like, "It looks fine!" (snigger)

I'm very critical of my drawings, which I shouldn't be. I have to get out of that phase. :P

Thank you for the comment, dude! ;)

-- Mitch
Mitch
Wilderness Explorer

Postby The Star Swordsman » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:00 am

Totally welcome!
The Star Swordsman

Postby Maggie_PixarFan » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:38 am

Great sketches you got there, Mitch! ;) I love the details you put into this and the shading.

I've never seen The Black Cauldron, though. I've only seen a trailer in a (reeeeeally!) old VHS. :roll:
Maggie_PixarFan
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Mitch » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:33 pm

Maggie - Thank you! :D

You're not missing anything, Maggie. The Black Cauldron is a load of.... Well, it doesn't completely suck, but it's pretty bad. The only reason I watch it is because I like Gurgi and because my sister and I enjoy...spoofing it up. (We invented the craziest things. It was so hilarious....) :P (snigger)

-- Mitch
Mitch
Wilderness Explorer

Postby lizardgirl » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:56 pm

Mitch- Gurgi looks really good! It looks as though your time and effort on this has paid off, especially on the hair, which looks perfectly fluffy and textured. Very nice! :D
Like looking at or creating Pixar fanart? Then you'll love PixarPlanetdA!
lizardgirl
Pixar Planet dA Administrator

Postby Mitch » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:58 pm

lizardgirl - You like the hair?! Oh, thank you! *hugs* Heh. I have such a hard time drawing hair that I get extra happy when someone comments on it in an optimistic light. Hair is impossible...! (snigger)

Again, thank you! ;)

Edit: As an added bonus/note, Gurgi is the first of twenty in my "Pick of the Litter" series. I am going to make twenty tablets/character model sheets of my favorite characters from various Disney films. One down, nineteen to go! ;)

-- Mitch
Mitch
Wilderness Explorer

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Pixar Art