Pixar Planet

Mitch's Compositions

Here is the place to post any of your art work not related to Pixar, be it original or not.

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby Bill » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:17 pm

This is one heck of a drawing, Mitch . In fact, I've printed it out and am going to now frame it. I hope you don't mind.
Bill
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby Mitch » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:13 pm

Bill - Are you serious?? Gee whiz.... I...I'm honored, Bill! Eheh. I didn't think that it would be that worthy.... :lol: (snigger)

My gosh, thank you very much, Bill! :D

-- Mitch
Mitch
Wilderness Explorer

Postby Bill » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:10 pm

Mitch - No problem, Mitch , do more of those character sheets and I'll print them out.

In fact, I just showed the sketch to my mother, and she just said, " Oh, you can do that..." Heheheh, man, I wish I could get my blasted drawings on here but I don't have a scanner.
Bill

Postby Mitch » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:23 pm

Bill - Haha! That made me laugh.... :lol:

I'm going to do nineteen more character sheets, so you'll have quite a compilation of drawings once I'm finished...if you keep printing them out. (snigger)

I'd love to see your drawings, dude! Even if you have to take of a picture of them, I would love to take a peek at 'em. :D

-- Mitch
Mitch
Wilderness Explorer

Postby Bill » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:01 am

Mitch - Well, I don't have a scanner or a cell phone so I just don't know ...

Can't wait to see more of you're drawings. :D
Bill

Postby Mitch » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:12 am

Bill - Ohh...I see. Well, I hope you get a scanner soon, dude! I want to see your drawings. ;)

Next up is a character from Lilo and Stitch. The hint here is that I have a rather difficult time drawing humans, so this one will be a challenge. :P

-- Mitch
Mitch
Wilderness Explorer

Postby The Star Swordsman » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:49 am

my guess is you are drawing Lilo right?
The Star Swordsman

Postby Mitch » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:05 am

The Star Swordsman - You are correct, sir!

Although I haven't begun work on Lilo yet, I have done a couple of little compositions over the last couple of days:

--------------

Kirby:

Alice from Alice in Wonderland:

---------------

Kirby is the name of my black and white hooded rat; however, I have no idea why I called him a "cowpoke" in that particular picture. I thought it just sounded cute, I suppose. (snigger)

To explain why I created a diminuative collage of Kirby drawings: There is a lady in my "Drawing and Composition" class (in college) who happens to be rat lover. Not neglecting to heat up the conversation, I showed her a picture of my own little rascal, and she thought that he was so adorable that she asked if I could draw a picture of him and sign it for her. Naturally, I waited until the very last second to do the dang thing, but I guess it turned out fairly decent. I have to admit that Kirby kind of looks like a kangaroo in the top right-hand drawing, though. :P

By the way, the white box in the bottom right-hand corner of the first composition -- the one with the name "Mitch" written on it in a weird, alienized script -- was placed to replace my real name. "Your identity is your most valua-".... Ah heck, you get the idea. :P

As for the drawing of Alice, I drew that in my dad's cubicle while waiting for the Andrew Stanton seminar to arise. ("Andrew Stanton seminar"? "What the heck is she talking about?", you say? Well, you might want to wander on over to the "The Pixar Studio & People" board for clarification....)

Both drawings were enhanced in Photoshop CS, as you can probably tell.

I actually have many more drawings than this, but I don't feel like posting them up. Many of them are pretty mediocre anyway. (snigger)

-- Mitch
Mitch
Wilderness Explorer

Postby The Star Swordsman » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:44 am

Kirby and Alice look really incredible Mitch. You are an amazing artist! I can't wait to see more from you.
The Star Swordsman

Postby lizardgirl » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:08 pm

Mitch- Your first composition of Kirby is beautiful! The top picture is nice and cartoony, and I like his pose. The second one is equally adorable, although where his fur goes from black to white looks a little too...sectioned off. It's very difficult to draw though, especially hen a rat has a mix of colours like that. Good attention to shadows in that one- it really adds another dimension. And the border and writing add a nice professional touch.

Alice looks great! Smooth, clear lineart, and I love her hair. :D
Like looking at or creating Pixar fanart? Then you'll love PixarPlanetdA!
lizardgirl
Pixar Planet dA Administrator

Postby Mitch » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:29 pm

The Star Swordsman - Thank you very much, dude! ;) *hugs*

lizardgirl wrote:The second one is equally adorable, although where his fur goes from black to white looks a little too...sectioned off.

I whole-heartedly agree with you on that. It looks too "sectioned off" to me, as well. I'll have to keep that in mind the next time I draw a life drawing of a rat....

Thank you for the critique and the compliments! :D

-- Mitch
Mitch
Wilderness Explorer

Postby The Star Swordsman » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:53 am

Mitch: You are welcome, (but I think the hug is a little too much). :P
The Star Swordsman

Postby Mitch » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:14 pm

The Star Swordsman - Yeah, I seriously don't know what I was thinking at the time. I just went, "Heh. I feel like putting a "hug" in there. Heck, I'll do it". (snigger) :P

I'm not exactly sure what I shall post up next, although I do have that Lilo character sheet to do. I don't really feel like drawing Lilo, but oh well....

-- Mitch
Mitch
Wilderness Explorer

Postby The Star Swordsman » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:15 am

Well, what ever is next, I can't wait for it.
The Star Swordsman

Postby Bill » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:42 am

Neither can I. Whatever you draw will be great.
Bill

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Pixar Art