Pitbulllady's Foster's Home Art(About Wilt, of Course)

Here’s some fanart I’ve done of my favorite non-Pixar character by far, Wilt from “Foster’s Home For Imaginary Friends”. I’ll post a few tonight, then more later on when I’ve got more time. School has started back up, and for me, that means getting up at 5 am again, and going to bed practically right after sunset, which sucks for a night-owl like me! Anyway, if you’re a fan of the Wilt-Man, enjoy!

pitbulllady

Holy Cow PBL! I have to say that those FHFIF pictures are really amazing! Wilt looks so tight! NIce work!

Great works ya got therre PBL! The first one’s gotta be my fav though! Now herre’s the question, " How the heck did he get in therre?" :wink:

Love 'em and your unique style… :mrgreen:

There’s plenty of “leg room” in the front of a '71 GTO, believe me! Wilt manages to fit those long legs in the back seat of Madame Foster’s Pontiac Firebird, which is nowhere near as long a car as the GTO of that same time period, and Wilt actually drove a DeLorean in the episode, “One False Movie”, so he somehow manages. I don’t think he’d have any trouble at all fitting inside my '61 Studebaker, either :exclamation:

pitbulllady

I’ve always loved that last one… Very stylish and well crafted… :wink:

Nice work, pitbulllady! :smiley:

– Mitch

Very nice style, love the picture. But one question, is the 7th Wilt a drawing or a picture :confused:

The 7th pic is a photo of a small statuette I made from Super Sculpey polymer clay, hand-painted. I work in 3-D media, too.

pitbulllady

Yay! Another “Foster’s” fan! :slight_smile: I love the art design on that show.

Nice work, especially on the sculpture one, getting a very 2D animated character into 3D form like that :slight_smile:.

BTW, is your sig pic from that episode with Imaginary Man and Nemi-Sister?

Yep, it sure is! Who else but Craig McCracken and Lauren Faust would have thought to include a shot of Metallica in drag in their show? Man, James Hetfield does NOT look like a happy dude!

pitbulllady

Here’s one more that I finished today. Unlike most of my art, it’s not digital, but old-fashioned “analog” art, done on copier paper with cheap Rose Art markers and watercolor pencils. It’s my first attempt at drawing young Jordan Michaels, Wilt’s creator(whom he speaks of as if Jordan was HIS creation, or rather, his son), and a young, all-body-parts-intact Wilt, before his life-altering game against Foul Larry. Wilt is making sure that Jordan gets his priorities straight, by doing his homework before he can play basketball, much to Jordan’s aggravation. I’m sure, though, that years down the line, Jordan could look back in gratitude that his Imaginary Friend saw to it that he didn’t neglect his education.

pitbulllady

Ahh the wonders of what Ifs can do ^^
Nice work Pitbulllady, always a pleasure to see your art ^
^

Excellent work pbl! Wilt looks so cool! You draw magnificently!

wow! Those are really fab, pitbulllady! Your’re really good at drawing Wilt! Wilt’s hilarious. He’s my brother’s fav. (Bloo is my fav) Unfortunately my computer only loaded the first 3. I’m sorry, is that okay?

It is very good-very funny and witty, with lots of “cameos” by celebs like Steve Buscemi and Metallica(who appear in drag in a scene from an episode in my sig), lots of Pixar-style “in-jokes”, and lots of references to things that little kids just won’t “get”, but adults or older teens will appreciate, like the on-going tributes to the works of Douglas Adams, for instance. The characters are really well-developed, especially Wilt(my fave, as you can tell), who is quite an in-depth character. There are often good messages presented in the telling of each episode, but they’re very subtle, not in-your-face, preachy messages like what you see in most kids’ programming. Wilt himself is an inspirational character because he’s handicapped-he’s blind in his left eye and his left arm has been amputated mid-humurus above the elbow, following a tragic accident after which he and his child creator, Jordan, were separated, but that fact is never presented in a “look at poor Wilt he’s disabled” manner, and Wilt never is heard to complain about it or fail to accomplish anything because of it. He doesn’t let his physical differences become a crutch, in other words, and can do much more than many other “complete” persons can. His relationship with his creator was unique in that Wilt was not merely a companion and a playmate, like most Imaginary Friends, but a sort of surrogate father to the boy, who shaped and influenced his character and taught him not only how to be, in Jordan’s own words, not only a better basketball player, but a better person, period.

pitbulllady

pitbulllady- I was wondering when you might be posting some of your art. :wink: I really love that hand drawn picture of Wilt; it’s such a great concept, and Wilt just looks adorable. I notice his eye and arm are still intact, too- it’s sort of strange thinking about it, but that is what he’d have looked like when he was younger. And Wilt’s doing what he does best- helping others!

Here’s a couple of my latest Foster’s fanart. The first up is a comic I started in class to demonstrate for my students the concept of sequencing, which they seem to have trouble with for some reason, and later finished during an especially long and horrifically boring staff meeting. I drew this on 12 x 18 paper, too big to go in a scanner, so I had to tape it to the wall and photograph it with the digital camera, and I couldn’t crop out all of the wall without cutting into the panels of the comic, so I hope y’all can actually make it out OK.

Next up is a pic done using a combination of Corel Painter X(with Wacom tablet and pen), my digital camera, and cut paper. I tried to get the effect of a faded old Polaroid Instamatic snap-shot, lovingly taped inside a photo scrapbook, the sort a mom would keep on her kids…including the 10-ft.-tall one imagined up by her youngest biological son. The location is Folly Beach, near Charleston, SC.

pitbulllady

You draw those Foster’s characters so well! Haha, Cheese! And the other is so cute! Is that made to be like a painting or a photo? To me it mimics a painting. He’s with his creator, right?

It’s actually a digital painting(Corel Painter X, Watercolor and Digital Airbrush)that’s supposed to look like an old faded photo, and yes, Wilt is with his child creator, Jordan, before Wilt got hurt and they were separated.

pitbulllady

Well you did a great job with it! I love the effect. The old photo effect, I mean. :slight_smile:

Your art work is so jaw dropping PBL. I love it. Incredible.