Pic of My Character Constructed from Parts of Disney Chars.

Just for fun, I made a Photoshop picture of my character Ballad Quill, the gryphon musician, constructed out of pieces of various Disney characters like some sort of celluliod Frankenstein :slight_smile:.

See if you can guess which parts came from which characters (and which film the backdrop came from). Later, I’ll post the answers.

These were my self-imposed rules for creating this picture:

1. Disney characters only. No non-Disney animated films or TV series.

2. Hand-drawn 2D animated characters only.

3. Genuine Disney artwork only (from screenshots, promotional materials, etc.). No fan art.

While I initally set out not to edit the original parts at all, that quickly proved impossible. Still, I tried to keep it to a minimum. The thing that was most edited was color (using Photoshop’s “Hue/Saturation” adjustment.)

My biggest concession was that at-a-painfully-wrong-angle talon (Ballad’s right “hand”). It wasn’t easy finding good shots of that talon.

Ballad is copyright me, Disney characters are (obviously) copyright Disney.

Here are a couple pics of what Ballad looks like when I draw him:

animagusurreal.deviantart.com/ar 
 t-54595554

animagusurreal.deviantart.com/ar 
 n-45045749

Anybody else care to try their hand at this? (You don’t have to follow my self-imposed rules - you can make up your own :slight_smile: )

If you’ve got an original picture of your character, please post that as well, so we can see what they usually look like.

Pretty cool! I can’t really think of where the pieces came form, though

By the way, i think you should’ve posted this in your artwork thread. :stuck_out_tongue:

^

I wanted to keep it seperate from my artwork because I want to make sure it’s clear that I didn’t draw this (only constructed it), and also because I want other people to try this and post those here, too - which would would make my artwork thread full of other people’s artwork if it was there :slight_smile:.

Wow, that’s pretty neat! I was confused at first as to how it would look until the picture finally loaded. I’ve only recognized a few bits here and there. You did a good job with ‘disguising’ them

Really nice creation there animagusurreal.It looks a little confusing to me a bit, but really, really nice.

What an interesting idea! You did a nice job in constructing the character, I must say. Let’s see if I can guess which pieces go with/to which Disney characters

Head, neck, left “hand”, and tail: Simba from The Lion King
Beak: Marahute, the eagle, from The Rescuers Down Under?
Ear(s): Stitch from Lilo and Stitch?
Wings: Unsure
Hat: Basil from The Great mouse Detective?
Feather: Unsure
Left hand: Kreacher from The Black Cauldron?
Body frame: Unsure; possibly someone from either Beauty and the Beast or The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Legs: One of the following: Gaston from Beauty and the Beast; a Disney prince/captain/sailor

Backround: The Hunchback of Notre Dame

Am I right? :wink:

– Mitch

Mitch the wings are from Pegasus from the movie Hercules.

Don’t you think the wings are kinda too pinkish to be Pegasus?

What a neat little piece! :sunglasses:

Thanks, everyone, for your responses :slight_smile:.

I’ll post the answers a little later today. Meanwhile, I’ll tell you that Mitch got four correct, and Nightwheel’s one is correct :slight_smile:.

Also, please keep in mind that I said in the original post:

It does make things a little trickier to guess, but otherwise I don’t think I could have gotten everything to look like it went together, or I would have been severely limited in what parts I could use :slight_smile:.

Well, I can’t wait to see the answers there. COngrats to Mitch for the good guessing.

Wait no longer, Star! :slight_smile: Here they are.

HEAD, MANE, TAIL, PAW and BODY SHAPE (including puffy sleeves and pants (a.k.a. trousers) ) - SIMBA from THE LION KING (guessed by Mitch)

EYES, EYE-SURROUNDING AREA, BEAK and TALON - MARAHUTE from THE RESCUERS DOWN UNDER (guessed by Mitch)

EARS - STITCH from LILO AND STITCH (guessed by Mitch)

WINGS - PEGASUS from HERCULES (guessed by Nightwheel)

HAT (including feather) and VEST - CUBBI GUMMI from GUMMI BEARS (TV series)

BOOTS - CAVIN from GUMMI BEARS (TV series) - bonus points for this one, this is the impossible to guess one. Those boots look like they could have come from anything! I was going to use boots from Prince Eric or Snow White’s Prince, but I couldn’t find any good shots of their boots.

BACKDROP - THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME (guessed by Mitch)

nightwheel - Ah yes! I see it now. Congratulations on shooting a bull’s eye on that one. :wink:

The Star Swordsman - Thank you very much!

animagusurreal - Wow. I got pretty close there! I never would have guessed where the boots, feather, and hat came from, in this case, as I haven’t watched the Gummi Bears series in years

Thank you for posting the answers! :slight_smile:

– Mitch

Okay, I feel really, really dumb. I was only about to guess the background picture right. I was totally clueless with everything else.

The Star Swordsman - Hey, it’s all right, dude. Those were hard to take a stab at. Heck, I had trouble picking some of them out, and even then I got a couple wrong. The only reason I was able to pin-point certain parts is because I’m a huge Disney geek. :stuck_out_tongue: (snigger)

– Mitch

I must say, that is really impressive work!