The inside of Haunt's head

Bah, I’m such a bad little artist. D:
It finally occurred to me that I hadn’t posted any non-TI or Rata art here yet. Probably because I’m in the middle of reevaluating where I want to go with my artistic career. I have new stuff in the works, but I’ll go ahead and post both old and new. Most stuff can be found on my DA site, but I might post exclusives here.

Desert Rose
Meerkat Manor keeps finding new ways to leave me emotional exshusted. This was the result of an eppy a few weeks ago

Chicken Joe
4 months old and still not finished

Usagi
Superrrr old fanart of Usagi from Sailor Moon

KP cake
B-day present for some friends. About 10 months old

random KP sketch

My gun-toting superhero hot boy Ricochet
An original character for a story started in 2001. He shows up sometimes with my Titans/TI crossovers.

squirrels
I am alll about squirrels. My main story that I work on these days is almost entirely full of squirrel characters. The on in the center, Ze (pronounced ‘Zay’) is the main character. and yeah, I know the closest squirrels muzzle is too long.

snowBound
Sun and Moon from my novel Bound. Still working out the story, but ever once in a while I’ll draw the main characters.

TT - Wild Things
To this day still my most popular thing on dA. I may be picking up this story agai soon for storyboarding at school.

More stuff one day. Toodles.
Oh, all characters not copyrighted to Cartoon Network, Disney, or Sony are copyrighted to me.

Really, really nice there Haunt. I really like the KP and Usagi chan pic. You are an amazing drawer. Please draw more.

I like to Usagi pic - it looks like she is Lara Croft, or something.

Haunt - Oh yeah, you’re the one with the talent on dA! Of course, that’s not to say that everyone isn’t talented in some way, but you know what I mean… :wink:

I absolutely love your art, dude! I “favorited” a few of your pieces, I believe, including the “Kim Possible cake” and “Ricochet” ones. I shall now have to add your “Meerkat Manor” and “Chicken Joe” pieces to my “favorites” collection, as well. Both are quite awesome, I must say… :wink:

So did you manage to catch that Meerkat Manor episode entitled “Journey’s End” (or something similar)? I take it that you did. My sister cried in her bed, and I ended up sketching a picture in memory of the…poor soul. I’m still rather heart-broken. Heh…

Again, wonderful compositions! Please continue to keep up the good work! :smiley:

– Mitch

TSS: Thanks! I’ll try to knock some more stuff out. Now that I have both school and work (Gamestop, what?) I have even less time to do personal stuff. I shall try nonetheless.

rachelcakes1985: Thanks. Yeah that was based of a kind of space opera themed story. It’s now been change to something more futuristic and way darker, but it’s still fun to draw.

Mitch:
Hehe, I agree that there are some artists there (dA) on a level that exceed even my most wildest dreams of achieving, but thank you for the praise.
And yes, the Desert Rose pic was for her. It took about an hour and I did while watching the epp after the sad one.
Some business about Rocket Dog huh? I would have guessed one of the other females. She seems to be doing well for herself though.

You are most welcome, Haunt. :wink:

Wow. An hour, huh? I think it took me about the same amount of time to draw my picture. T’was worth it, though…

Yeah, tell me about it. I didn’t think that she had it in her, but apparently she seems to be holding up the fort to a satisfactory extent. I was pretty skeptical about her charging the Zappa group at the last second, but the end result turned out to be pretty fruitious, thank goodness!

– Mitch

Take your time, I can wait for it. Your time is more important.

You’ve got a really unique style, Haunt- I love all of your pieces here. :smiley:

Yoodles kids.
I’m sorry I haven’t been around much of late. School and all. I’m even more sorry that I’m not posting in my pixar fanart thread insted of here. I have a bunch of random half finished Vi doodles floating about my sketchbook, but none are worth posting. sigh One day…

In the meantime here are some random things I’ve done since school started back up.

Technically this is last semester, but who’s really paying attention A project where we had to make ourselves some sort of alter ego. My prof gave us the option of trad. or digital. Naturally I chose digital. I had fun with it but I think I enjoyed drawing the comic-ish concept doodles more [link]

Season’s Call (WIP)
One of my numerous squirrel characters y’uh, heralding in another winter. She controls the frozen elements of ice and snow so she naturally finds joy in the winter months. I’d like to color it one day.

Summer don’t know me no more
'Tis BB from Teen Titans. Lordy how I miss that show.

Sah’rinna
Another character from yet another storyline. Sah’rinna is a inter-galactic bounty hunter who chases down demons for a living. I know she doesn’t look like she’s dressed for the job, but honestly that sword has never let her down.

Happy New Year
It’s a Jerboa…in a top hat Classy. monocle

More stuff one day. Peace.

Pretty cool. The Usagi one is certainly showing a different look than I’m used to seeing, but that’s not a bad thing :slight_smile: The Beast Boy one was interesting. I guess he’s supposed to be a little older in that one?

Yeah, he’s a little older here. Which is wierd because usually I’d draw him younger with a goatee. It’s sort of strange to me to see him witihout it. ^^;

And I’ve Usagi in even odder attire. It’s a dark story, so she starts to lok a little bit darkers as well. This is probably the happiest you see her in that tale.

Haunt - Not bad. I saw a few of these pieces some months back and deemed them to be quite nice. I especially like the squirrel one – I’m surprised I never “favorited” that…

Keep up the good work! :wink:

– Mitch

Mitch: Thankies Mitch. You’ve probably figured it out that squirrels are to me what rats are to you. But don’t feel like you should fav that one of Y’uh. It’ll ook much better finished.

Your pictures are really cool Haunt. I really love the BB one. He was a funny titan. I miss that show too.

It was brought to my attention that I haven’t posted some of the new stuff I did for comic con. I’ve also become aware that the Ottawa animation festival is only a month and a half away and I have to put together another 3 or 4 portfolios o_O
Makes me almost wish I hadn’t gotten that 360
…almost :smiley:

Chatter
Around 2001 is when I started Lydia’s story. It was a teen superhero story. Other stories came along and this one was pushed to the back burner. Thankfully, Incredibles came out and gave the story a new lease on life. Now the story has a new style and new direction, but the characters are still around. This is Harlequin (Lydia) and her eventual boyfriend Ricochet.

The Butterfly
Ok, yeah. It’s Vi. It’s so far off her movie design that I might as well post it here for now. My original concept for her older self had a eyebrow piercing and dyed hair. She was rebellious or something I guess. Eventually I decided that that the hair was enough. The original photoshop doodle included a very displeased Dash yelling at me for drawing his big sis like that.

Storm Chaser layout
Layout and color practice. meant to look like an animation color test. I need more practice.

UAVM group
One of my most favorite stories to work with. It has a rather large cast, but I really only work with the main few and some of the side protagonists.

Shashi
One of the aforementioned side characters from UAVM. Red Pandas are some of my favorite critters. After watching Kung Fu Panda I kind of went on a Shashi drawing spree.

All characters © Christina Harper.
Vi and Dash © well, you know

Also, I might, might be opening sketch requests during the beginning of the semester. Just to loosen up. I’ll announce it here if I do.

They’re all such good pictures, Haunt! You’ve really mastered a neat style that has just the right amount of detail and stylization. :smiley:

lizardgirl: Thanks! It’s nice to hear that kind of feedback. I’ve only been to a few reviews this year, but from what I’ve been told people want blends like that. It’s hard though! Not enough style and you’re just another cookie-cutter artist. Too much and it looks like you’re hiding something, like poor anatomy.
I fear I’m on the edge of cookie-cutter :cry:

I understand exactly how you feel Haunt. I’m working on establishing my own unique style…but as small as this world is…there are some things in a style that just can’t help but be simliar to someone else’s…

Just like making recipies, I think just getting the right combination together…and making that combination unique is what makes the style unique…:-D)

Good luck to the both of us with that I guess…:wink:

Can’t wait to see more art from ya…
:mrgreen:

^ I try to fix that “your art looks like ______'s art” by varying my drawing style with each of my stories. The animal based stories are nicely varied I think. My humans need more work.

And we’re both going to make it. I just know it! :smiley: