Pixar Planet

The inside of Haunt's head

Here is the place to post any of your art work not related to Pixar, be it original or not.

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby Haunt » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:42 am

Also, I might, might be opening sketch requests during the beginning of the semester. Just to loosen up. I'll announce it here if I do.
Haunt
Toy Collector

Postby lizardgirl » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:30 pm

They're all such good pictures, Haunt! You've really mastered a neat style that has just the right amount of detail and stylization. :D
Like looking at or creating Pixar fanart? Then you'll love PixarPlanetdA!
lizardgirl
Pixar Planet dA Administrator

Postby Haunt » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:10 am

lizardgirl: Thanks! It's nice to hear that kind of feedback. I've only been to a few reviews this year, but from what I've been told people want blends like that. It's hard though! Not enough style and you're just another cookie-cutter artist. Too much and it looks like you're hiding something, like poor anatomy.
I fear I'm on the edge of cookie-cutter :cry:
Haunt
Toy Collector

Postby Pixfan » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:31 am

I understand exactly how you feel Haunt. I'm working on establishing my own unique style...but as small as this world is...there are some things in a style that just can't help but be simliar to someone else's..

Just like making recipies, I think just getting the right combination together...and making that combination unique is what makes the style unique...:-D)

Good luck to the both of us with that I guess..:wink:

Can't wait to see more art from ya...
:mrgreen:
One of the few FIRST members of Pixar Planet that still remembers their username and password ; )
Like my Sig? Here's More!! Some on every page (avatars too), enjoy! =]
Pixfan
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Haunt » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:48 pm

^ I try to fix that "your art looks like ______'s art" by varying my drawing style with each of my stories. The animal based stories are nicely varied I think. My humans need more work.

And we're both going to make it. I just know it! :D
Haunt
Toy Collector

Postby lennonluvr9 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:50 pm

Very cool! I especially like the Red Panda one and the one of Vi. I really like how you made her look older and still kept her personality. It totally makes sense to me that that's how she'd look (and Dash was funny! yelling like that)
~Celeste~
"You would not believe what I've been through tonight!"

"That's what comes of teaching science by television" -Prof. Foot, Help!
lennonluvr9
Master Scarer

Postby Haunt » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:04 am

This is more a sudo journal entry than an art post. I just wanted to say how inspired i was when I attended the Ottawa International Animation Festival this past weekend. It was positively amazing. I meet famed animator Dick Williams (Who Framed Roger Rabbit, The Thief and the Cobbler) and animator Eric Goldberg (lead animator for Phil from Hercules and Genie from Aladdin). lol, actually I sat next to Goldberg during Williams' interview. I can describe how amazing that was! I mean, these are industry titans!
The competitions (split into 5 viewings with about 15 a piece) were absolutely inspiriting. some were abstract, some were character based, some were narrative. Oh man. It was intense.
Walking around Ottawa was fun to, if you exclude being harassed by the throngs of meth addicted homeless. At one point I wandered into quebec and realized that everybody was speaking french. I was like, "maybe I should have stayed in Ontario". But everything was cool and I have a great experience to motivate me. I want to get something into the competition this one day. I'm going for it.
Haunt
Toy Collector

Postby Hannahmation » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:42 am

Great stuff, Haunt! I really like your style!

Also that is so cool that you got to meet Dick Williams and Eric Goldberg! I'm jealous! That much have been soooo amazing!
Hannahmation
Supah Genius In-Training

Postby bright dot-dasher » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:46 am

Amazing pictures there, Haunt! I loved your "Wild Things" "Squirrels" and "Happy New Year 2008". "Desert Rose" looks beautiful. And Sah'rinna looks and seems like an awesome character. My favorite would be "The Butterfly". For some reason, it's the rebellious-style teen character designs that seem to look the coolest to me.
Incredible work! :D
thank you, little_chef_eva09![/quote]
bright dot-dasher
Master Scarer

Postby Haunt » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:13 am

Well then. I was planning to do a mass posting of artwork here tonight. Instead I'm turning off my internet and waiting until I know they've made a patch for this conficker virus nonsense. You guys can expect artwork tomorrow night when it's safe again. I'll be posting here and maybe in my pixar-only thread too.
Check you guys later.
Haunt
Toy Collector

Postby Hannahmation » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:10 am

I got all excited to see some more of your work when I saw that you had updated this thread! *sigh* I'll just have to wait patiently until tomorrow night!
Hannahmation
Supah Genius In-Training

Postby Haunt » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:53 pm

Better late than never!
Ok, after many delays and random events (aka baby!) I finally got around to posting some crap from school. The descriptions and info are on the dA pages, but if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Evil char concept

Indanyn
human concept
critter concept

Moon expression sheet

Depot environment

The Forca

Lift Hub environment

Harlequin styles - human version

Harlequin styles - squirrel version

And that's it for now! I don't think I'll be posting any moire art until after finals. *spazs* Final freakout started like last week for me, and we still have 3 weeks left! If I do draw anything it'll probably be stress relieving doodles.
Haunt
Toy Collector

Postby bright dot-dasher » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:56 pm

Great work! All the sharp designs and coloring...fantastic. I especially like the Moon picture, with the different expressions on one page. And also the Harlequin styles, both human and squirrel versions. (I like how the squirrel version has a human version in the background).
Last edited by bright dot-dasher on Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thank you, little_chef_eva09![/quote]
bright dot-dasher
Master Scarer

Postby Hannahmation » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:04 pm

Fantastic! I really love your style, especially the coloring.They are all nicely done! I like the Moon expression sheet too.
Hannahmation
Supah Genius In-Training

Postby Haunt » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:04 pm

bright dot-dasher: Thank you much! I enjoyed both those assignments quite a bit. I highly recommend all artists here to give those exercises a try. It helps you discover both your style and what you character is all about.

Hannahmation:
Thankies ^^
Haunt
Toy Collector

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Pixar Art