Just a poem I wrote for someone

I’ll give you guys some background information on this. Well, you are all lucky, because you’ll be the first ones to actually see this. It’s a poem for someone who I like a lot, and wish to be with, but my inept self is preventing me from. That means, it probably won’t ever be read by her, but it sort of just gets me by. Prior to this, I had a sort of underlying depression for a long period of time, and when I was almost ready to step out into the world again, I fell for this girl, who confirmed my return to the world :stuck_out_tongue:
She’s just someone whose thought gets me through the day, and I’m not sure if it will ever be any different, but here is my poem, tentatively titled,
“A Pristine Atmosphere”

I’m crafting you this serenade
Cause I knew my heart was right.
You’re the beat that led my every day
and the melody before night.

You’re a dove of a different kind
One graceful in its flight.
Your thought grants me peace of mind
and you are all that’s in my sight.

I know the stars are showing envy
As they burst upon the shores
I promise i’m not pretending
when in a moment, I am yours.

I thank you but I just don’t know
if you’d be with me here today
Just accept the fact you’ve saved me
without a single word to say.

So when you’ve long forgotten me
and if broken hearts are born.
Just understand I needed you,
As the rose, and I the thorn.

It would be the craziest thing if she came on this website hahaha. Well, please tell me what you think!

Thanks.

Wow, directive, sniff that was beautiful. You’re quite a poet! :smiley:

I think I know what you mean when you said “my inept self is preventing me from.” Do you mean to say it’s hard for you to talk to her? Like, you can’t get yourself to do it?

That aside, I think you should let her read it, if it’s not too bold to say. It’s a very heart-felt poem and I think you should show the person you wrote it about.

I know I should show her, but not just out of nowhere. I guess I’ll know when the time is right.

And yeah, it doesn’t quite seem like she wants to talk to me either :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, you’ll never know till you talk to her.

All relationships start with a simple conversation and a lovely cup of coffee.

• WBoon, pretentious love guru :laughing:

That is a pretty sweet poem directive. I think that if she read it, you would make her feel really fuzzy inside. Try to be natural with her, be yourself. Be her friends and let time tell if you should push on into a relationship.

wow that was great…