A 3D car model

This 3D project is 100% inspired by Sally Carrera from Cars. I didn’t put this under fan art because 1. this isn’t a character and 2. it’s a different car model (Sally is the non-turbo variant). That didn’t stop me from putting in a little reference though. :wink:

Modelling and rendering was done using an awesome, free computer graphics program by the name of Blender. In fact I have also posted this up at the Blender Artists Forums here, so feel free to have a look if you want a little more in-depth info. You’ll probably also find the works of far more skilled 3D artists over there.

Without further ado, the renders. Enjoy!

Wow! That’s very cool! It looks quite realistic! How long did it take you to create the car?

You modeled that?! I can’t model for beans in Blender. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hannahmation - Thanks! The bulk of the work took 2 weeks, and I spent 1 more week trying to fix flaws and make it look “right”. But the more reference photos I dug up, the more flaws I found. :angry: In the end, I simply ran out of time as holidays just ended today. It was an overall enjoyable experience though!

Bryko614 - Well, I couldn’t too once upon a time. :wink:

301 PCE - Sally Carrera. Cool reference there, and nice modeling job. Very well done.

• C-3PO

Wow, that’s very impressive, wayne! I wouldn’t know where to begin with a project like that! The shape looks absolutely perfect, as do the colours and the shine of the car. Incredible work!