Gotten a lot better at vid-editing! (scroll down)

Welcome to my lair of Non-Pixar vids!

The following is my very first music video:
Nim’s Island/Sharkboy and Lavagirl-Rush

If you have a YT account, please at least rate it.

I would like to say thanks so much to everyone who helped me out when I was new to MV making, whether it was through answering my questions, through providing suggestions, or through helpful encouragement. :smiley: I couldn’t have done it without the assistance and support of you guys.

Let’s just hope YT doesn’t do what I hate the most (aka remove videos in a heartbeat)!

The lyrics of the song were how I felt about making a music video.Inspirational music is the best for me. :slight_smile:

I’ve finished another video project as well, which is this kind of trailer mashup type video with [spoil]Coraline trailer audio[/spoil], but I’m having some problems publishing it (it goes blank in some parts). :confused: Once I get that bug fixed, I’ll upload it.

So, some of you may be thinking, “Yeah, it’s great that you made an MV and all, but where’s the Pixar stuff?” In that case, don’t worry. I’ve actually got plenty of MV ideas and work-in-progress for both Pixar and others that I wish I could tell you what they are but I want to protect my ideas until they are finished. I just take some time, that’s all, and I already had all the materials set for a non-Pixar one first, so…yeah.

Not bad for your first editing debut! I have not watched either films, so I can’t grasp the significance of the song choice or lyrics, but you matched some of the footage well (like the part where the bridge drops at 1:35 just as the music is silenced momentarily. So I can see you have put some effort into audio-visual synchronisation. :wink:
Only cons would like your observation that some of the speeded up clips look weird. Try as much as possible to use the original video’s speed, unless it’s a chorus and the beat is particularly fast. This song’s pretty rockish, but it’s by no means fast, so it came off a little strange-looking.
Other than that, pretty good for a first effort! Makes me want to check out the two films.
Who’s the singer? Sounds familiar…
And oh, the channel ‘intro’ is witty! Hercules and Enchanted FTW! (And Wall-E and Bolt too).
I’ll post a rating and comment when I next log-on to YT.
Can’t wait for your trailer mash-up! And if you have any Pixar works in the planning, I highly anticipate those too!

Great synchronization :slight_smile:.

Not bad BDD for your first MV. I love it. Editting could be a little tighter, but other than that, really well done.

TSS, animagusurreal, thedriveintheatre: Thanks guys! Glad you liked it!

Coralion Trailer

This, my friends, is the work of a Disney fanatic that’s obsessed with Coraline. And it was a very fun trailer to make! Can you guess who plays who? (I think you can :wink: ). Again, if you have a YT account, please at least rate it. Enjoy! :smiley:

And don’t worry…Pixar will be involved in my videos soon enough. :wink:

Pretty nice recut BDD. I love it. MOst of the editting is tight and well done. I like the clip selection. Everything seemed to fit really well.

I tought you spelled “Coralion” wrong, but when I saw the video, I slapped myself. Really clever.

My only complaint would be the extended black at the very end of the video. I heard voiced, but no clip.

Very cool! Your clip choices worked really well with the trailer! Hope to see more videos from you! :smiley:

Thanks, Hannahmation and TSS! :smiley: I hope you stay tuned for more.
TSS, the extended black you’re referring to includes the short quotes from TLK that I thought went well with the theme of it.

Anyone else want to watch & comment? It’s gettin’ kinda lonesome here…

All right, then. Moving on…

So my newest video is yet another trailer mashup dub which you can watch by clicking here. I’d rather it be a surprise this time, so I’m not telling you the title myself here.

The video may, at first, come off as kinda random. I’m not sure if it turned out that understandable…if there are any confusions please let me know and I’ll explain. I made this for fun; there’s not a real solid plotline here- just more depending on your interpretation and imagination. Enjoy! Please comment!

Ooh, two mash-up trailers! This should be good. The following is my ‘running commentary’ as I watch the vids. :slight_smile:

I’ll review Coralion first.
Well, I liked how you synched the parts where Coraline squashes the cockroaches and follows the mouse in the beginning.
Scar saying “What’s shakin’ baby?” made me chuckle, as well as Zazu’s “But you’re wrong.”
If you know how to use masking (where you composite an image over a moving footage), try to use that next time instead of a still of Nala with button eyes. I mean, it’s a good composite as a still image, and it’s okay if you don’t know how to do masks yet (I’m also experimenting with that) but it’s good if you could figure it out so the result looks ‘cooler’. If you need an example to aspire to, search my good friend CannonBoltPhoenix’s ‘Slumpanda Millionaire’ to see what I mean. I just watched it today and it’s inspired me to try learning moving masks!
Uh-huh… the “Choo Choo” stampede made me laugh too, and Zazu rolling his eyes after scaring Kiara at the end was hilarious!
How’d you do the Coralion title card? You know, where the words were bleeding? Is it an effect that came with the program? What font is that?
The end voiceovers were a little unnecessary IMO, and could be cut to make the length shorter.

Okay, now on to The Lion Huntsgirl.
How’d you do the ‘In The Near Future’ title card (ie was that a zoom effect?
Ooh… so it’s based on the Ultraviolet trailer! It’s one of my favourite trailers (although the same can’t be said about the movie)!
Alright, so it’s a Jake Long and Lion King crossover? So I’m guessing Rose is a were-lion or something? She is a pretty good femme-fatale after all…
Where’d you get the Disney logo warp at 0:22?
I like the black and white flashback at 1:39.
2:04-2:08 and 2:16-2:17 were a bit weak, maybe some Jake Long footage would’ve been better.
How’d you do the Ultraviolet title card at the end (ie what effect was that?)

Overall. they’re pretty good attempts for your first two trailer mash-ups. I would recommend you get the source footage either from DVDs, recorded off the TV or (as a last resort) torrent downloads, and importing them straight into your editing program instead of using HyperCam. The quality of the video is not really good. But other than that, I can see you have put in some effort into synching your clips, which makes you better than most video-editors out there, so great job!

thedriveintheatre: Thanks for the fully detailed review! I appreciate it!
-I don’t know all there is to know about video making, so it should be no surprise that I am pretty much clueless about masking. I’m not sure it comes with the program I use (I use WMM. Low on effects and such but a good basic start for me). But I think sometime, though not anytime soon, I’ll get a better program, with masking included, and try it out for better results on future vids. Thanks for sharing with me about that. The Nala button-eyed pic was the best I could use/think of at the moment.
-The Coralion title card with the words bleeding was, yes, an effect that came with the program. It’s labeled as “Paint Drip” in WMM. I’ve forgotten what font it was, though…so I can’t answer that question.
-And yes, looking back at the video, I do realize I could’ve just stuck with one end voiceover and also cut it short. I guess it maybe would’ve been better with just “I laugh in the face of danger” and cut the hyena laugh and what follows out.

And my replies to the “The Lion Huntsgirl” review…(thanks for being the only one so far to review that, by the way. Not only that, but that your review is specific makes me appreciate it more. :wink: ).

-Yes, that was a zoom effect at the beginning.

Yep. :wink:
-The Disney logo warp is actually recorded from the beginning of Lilo and Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch.

Thanks for being honest. Yeah, I see your point, and looking back I realize I was so desperate to use Vitani clips for some random reason that I used them even when it didn’t quite fit. I agree- I should’ve done more of ADJL those places, instead. EDIT: I just now looked back at my rough draft file of this trailer, and found out that I had tried to sneak some quick clips of ADJL in there, but they were so quick that when published, they simply didn’t show up. Next time, I’ll try to use more balance…
-The ending title card is a title effect on WMM called “News Banner”.

And I used HyperCam because I couldn’t find any other way to get those clips besides recording them. But, yeah, I try to find DVD sources and such also. Thanks for the tip(s). And the constructive criticism/review was very helpful! Thanks, TDIT! :smiley:

I’m kinda behind on the Pixar fanworks, but they’ll come up eventually. I promise you I do have Pixar fanworks including vids in the making).

This was a fun lip-sync test: Lion King Cubs-Things We Lost Boys Do.

I had FINALLY got a vid done over the summer. It’s not much, but…ah, it was fun, anyway. :slight_smile: And yes, you may have noticed something’s up with me and TLK lately. Anyway, the 2nd clip of Simba at 0:13 and I’m sure a few other clips were knocked slightly off-timing during publishing, but I hope that’s ignorable…I’m not sure what affected it. Oh, and I know, I know, TLKII clips are still with Hypercam BUT I finally got The Lion King on Special Edition 2-Disc so now there’s less Hypercam using! :smiley: (Not to mention I really like having a Disney Classic on 2-Disc.)

So, yeah, enjoy! And review, please!

No comments on this thread on the lip-sync test? Bummer.
By the way, I’m sorry if I’m kinda getting annoying by posting Non-Pixar fanvids all the time…I promise you I will get Pixar vids done as well!

Anyway, in the middle of working on some other big project(s), an idea struck me. And now you get to see the idea in video:

Bambi 2: Coraline Music

Enjoy! :smiley:

(and yes, I realize it’s a triple post. I’m not sure if I have a choice really.)

My editing has seriously improved! Especially lip-sync, I think. And all still using WMM! :open_mouth:
I’ve also uploaded some fan dubs I did with my little sister.
You don’t have to watch all of them (it must be tiring if you do) but I’d appreciate if you checked a couple of them out. Please and thank you! :slight_smile:

Movie Scene Remakes/Music Videos?1. Bambi remake of Aristocats Scene- “Because I’m a lady, that’s why!”
This one was for a contest to remake a movie scene using animated clips.

1. Movie Scene Remake: “Do You Believe in Heaven?”
    After the contest deadline, I realized I like making these remakes. This is the adorable intro of Angels in the Outfield, but starring Simba & Bambi as the two friends.

2. Eris & Non/Disney- I Put a Spell On You
    Ok if you’re only gonna watch one vid in this whole list, watch this one. This is where I think the improvements really shine and I almost can’t believe I made it. :smiley: It’s a Halloween vid, kind of a music video and kind of a movie scene remake with a catchy, popular song from Hocus Pocus.

3. New Intro- Minions: Be a Man
    I promise you. This is awesome. Especially if you love Minions.

5.Eris-Mother Knows Best (Reprise)
Not to brag, but again, showing how amazing I’ve gotten at lip-sync.

Dubs
6. My lil sister dubbing Lilo
My little sister’s so cute as Lilo!!

1. Best Fandubbing Blooper Ever!
    Funny blooper from at least a year ago, when my sister and I dubbed the scene of Lilo & Stitch where Nani and Lilo fight.

2. “It exploded!” Patf Redub
    Me and my sister goofing off with the trailer…don’t you love improv? xD