Halos Nach Tariff's Non-Pixar Art.

Hi all!

This is something of a thread in progress as most of my non-pixar art isn’t scanned into a computer yet. In fact I’m not even sure where it all is…
But I’ll get round to scanning some stuff in, and I’m working on a Futurama piece pf which I should have a scanned draft for tomorrow.

Until then enjoy this crab/insect I knocked up on my lunch break to test whether my pens were working:

cool :sunglasses:

It looks great! Guess that pen test developed into a work of art in spare time. :wink:

Truly awesome! Reminds me of Megatron from the Transfomers live-action for some reason. The tail-whip is wicked! What creature is it? :sunglasses:

Thanks, the only problem is that whilst my pen was working when I was drawing it, I ran out of ink afterwards…

It’s not really any specific creature, although the look is vaguely based off of an enemy from the ‘Monster Hunter’ game series, but it’s really just an amalgamation of any insectoid sci-fi creature.

Anyhow here is the first draft for my Futurama piece:

As you can see I’ve only roughly done the characters so far, and there’s no background/foreground. I’m not quite happy with the faces or poses yet, they need work. Anyway I’m going to put a big window in the foreground that Leela is kicking through, Bender is going to be stepping over what’s left of the frame. And there’ll be some sort of New New York background. I’m also going to shade them as if they were real people and not cartoon characters and see how that looks.

Sorry for the double post but here is the next update of my Futurama piece, now with glass-smashing action!

Basically I’ve just corrected everyones poses and faces, added some glass, and outlined everything. Unfortunately Fry’s pose is still wrong, he never stands up that straight, but I’ve already inked it now so I can’t change it.

Cool! Although I think the glass fragments could use different shapes, it still looks well drawn.

Yeah I tried it with different shapes but it just looked messy, there was too much to look at and it distracted from the characters to much.

Very nice, I love Futurama and this piece is very exciting!

I like how Leela is kicking the glass out towards the viewer and Fry is just standing there dumbly with the delivery box. And of course Bender is smoking another cigar as usual!

I agree that Fry looks too straight, and needs to hunch with this shoulders sloped like in his typical pose. I also think the glass pieces need some improvement, you can try to make the edges fit together like jigsaw puzzles instead of just ‘pizza slices’.

The Rush Hour 3 poster can be a good reference. Note how spaced apart the glass pieces are from Jackie’s foot and how they ‘border’ the picture so they don’t distract the viewer, while each piece is unique. :wink:

But you’ve already inked it in, so just take it into consideration next time. Still, it’s an admirable effort! I hope you can colour it in, if you have the time.

I was going to shade it in with pencils but looking at it I think colour would be more appropriate. In fact It would probably be easier to colour it on the computer so I get the necessary even colour tone. Plus then I could use layers to seperate the glass, characters and background.

The picture’s supposed to be something of an overzealous delivery, having found the front door locked Leela’s decided to kick the window in so they can deliver the package. Bender’s stepping over the frame to see if he can loot anything and Fry’s standing around with a ‘well that was cool, but how legal was it?’ look.

I’ve just got to do a New New York background then I’ll see what I can do with colour.