TDIT's Non-Pixar Sigs & Avatars

On Mitch’s advice, I have set up a separate thread for Non-Pixar related graphics, although I have been posting Non-Pixar graphics in my original thread for a long time… but well, rules are rules. I’m just a law-abiding citizen! :smiley:

Haha, but yeah, well, here we are. What better way to kick off a brand-spanking new fanwork thread than some awesome graphics from the brand-spanking new Princess and the Frog trailer!

I must warn you, beforehand, if you have not watched the trailer, do not look at the graphics below if you do not wish to be spoiled. If you have, then you can go ahead, since all of them are just screenshots from the trailer. If not, go see it first right now :smiley:, then get back to me.

Princess and the Frog trailer

Done? Good :slight_smile:

Here’s my current avatar. If anyone can guess the reference I’m making (it’s a famous trope from a Don Bluth movie), then you win a free year’s supply of energy, thanks to the best energy company in Monstroplis, Monsters Inc.

Obviously if you’re a Pixar fan, you should catch the source of this quote straight away. :wink:

Dr. Facilier’s skull mask reminds me of Achmed the Dead Terrorist. :laughing: I ‘censored’ the actual quote (It’s not so much a rude word, as more of a strong threat used to comic effect), which you can watch here.

Lame Casablanca reference. And yes, I know she’s technically a frog, but ‘toad’ just sounded more like ‘kid’.

Prince Naveen is such a lothario!

And we end with my current sig. It’s the least ‘spoiler’-ish, so I’m wearing it.

This series is not particularly ‘fancy’, but it was good practice with font styles and text arrangement. Every sig has a different font (with ‘Here’s Looking at You’ with two!).
Constructive criticisms welcome!
Anyone is welcome to wear these sigs, the only ‘payment’ I ask is that you credit me.
I’m hopping mad (excited) for PtaF! :laughing:

thedriveintheatre - First of all, thanks for creating a separate thread on the matter. I don’t think I noticed that you’d been posting non-Pixar graphics in your other thread, but, in any case, I appreciate your consideration! :smiley:

Awesome graphics! I love the references to A Bug’s Life and Casablanca, and the text only adds to the delectability. The fonts, in particularly, suit their graphic counterparts well, especially the “Mr. Looney” one, in my opinion. (And, correct me if I’m mistaken, but is that the “Marker Felt” font for “Toad” in that first signature?) My favorite of the bunch has to be the “Silence Please” one. :wink:

I should know this, since I’ve watched quite a few Bluth films… and 'cause my mom worked for Don Bluth for several years… I want to say that it’s a reference to All Dogs go to Heaven, but I’m not sure. I give up! (snigger)

Edit: Oh, wait… wait!!! I know what it’s from!! It’s from that spoof of Fern Gully by “that guy with the glasses” dude. B.L.A.M. stands for a “Big-Lipped Alligator Moment”. Gosh, that was so funny. :laughing:

Nice work, dude! Keep it up. :wink:

– Mitch

They’re all terrific, TDIT! I like the other movie references. And the last one is in the perfect spot as well, because it’s like Prince Naveen’s asking if you like any of the above sigs and avvies! Looking foward to more! :smiley:

Big Lipped Aligator Moment!

I love it!

All Dogs Go to Heaven.( The reference is from That Guy With the Glasses Review of Fermgully)

Not a problem, Mitch. I thought it’d be less cluttered if I posted all graphics in one thread, but then I realised it would be more organised to separate my Pixar fandoms from the rest (and I get two channels of publicity now! Ima gonna be more famous, muahahaha!) :smiley:
I didn’t really think the sig Mr Looney was that impressive, so wow, thanks! :smiley:
I’m afraid you’re wrong on the word Toad’s font. It’s Brush Script Std. :wink:
Yes, ‘Silence Please’ was my favourite avatar in terms of font. Handwriting - Dakota looks creepy for some reason.
Your ma worked for the Don Bluth? :open_mouth: Your family is so cool! And yes, that was from ADgtH, and yes, it was a reference to “thatguywiththeglasses”! Congratulations, you’ve won a free one-year supply of clean, reliable energy from Monsters Inc! Unfortunately, this prize can only be redeemed by residents of Monstropolis, so you’ll have to move there to be eligible for this offer. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow, I never thought of it that way, BDD! Ha ha, thanks!

disneydutchess - “Let’s make music together! Let’s make sweet harmony…” I love that alligator. :smiley:

Yes! :smiley: I think I almost fainted when I saw you opened up this thread! :slight_smile: I love all the new signatures and avatars that you did for the Princess and the Frog,hope you don’t mind if I wear one myself :wink:

TDiT: That alligator is hilarious.

thedriveintheatre - Ha-ha! Yep, I agree: Separating the Pixar graphics from the non-Pixar ones will keep your original graphics thread clean and less cluttered. Thanks, again!

Cha, my mom worked on The Secret of NIMH. She was an assistant animator and did clean-up work on such characters as Mrs. Brisby, her children, and Jeremy the crow. Unfortunately, she didn’t get credit for her work, but I think it’s still pretty cool that she was part of the crew!

You’re welcome, by the way! :smiley:

Aw, man! I was so close. (snigger) :wink:

Ha! You’ve got such a funny sense of humor. :laughing:

– Mitch

'Ere’s some graphics from two of my summer obsessions… Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen and Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs.

:smiley:

Thanks for putting these up! :slight_smile:

'welcome, woody. Feel free to use them if ya like 'em. :slight_smile:

Here’s more graphics for this year’s silent sweethearts to warm your hearts (or in Scrat’s case, break!) :smiley:

I hope the next one isn’t too much of a spoiler, but I think most of you have already seen the film and I chose this instead of the close-up shot. :wink:

I love all your Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs graphics, TDIT! “To Die would be an awfully big adventure” is quite funny at first look. I like how you made the second word bold, making it more dramatic. (It just reminds me of how Dot in A Bug’s Life said “it would make it more dramatic” hehe) :smiley:

All the Scrat & Scratte ones are fabulous. I can see you chose to use the “Heart Melting” pun. And the perfect shot to go with it, too. You are real creative with puns. “A Romance Too Cool For Words”, “break the ice” are quite clever! My favorite one would be the one that says “Mr.” and “Mrs” on the bottom, “Scrat” in the middle, and has acorns instead of dots after the “Mr.” and “Mrs.” How witty! That’s a reference to something, I can tell, and I really recognize it from somewhere, but I can’t remember where…

Anyway, awesome work!

Might I add, I also am amazed by the Coralion sig you made for me. I don’t know why it hasn’t been mentioned yet, though…

Thanks for the complys, BDD! The tagline for the Buck sig was taken from Hook, one of my favourite childhood movies, but I think it’s always been Peter Pan’s catchphrase anyway. Here’s a cool fact: the line was actually derived from a quote by the great greek philosopher Aristotle himself! Maybe Peter was a 'totle fan…

Yes, thanks for encouraging me to use the ‘Heart Melting’ pun. I hope I didn’t spoil too much if you haven’t watched the movie. The Mr and Mrs Scrat avatar is a spoof of the poster from one of my favourite action-romantic-comedies in recent memory, Mr and Mrs Smith. I just knew I had to parody it when I saw their poses from the ‘Games’ section of the official site!

As for the Coralion sig, I’m aware of it (I read your PM), but I’m posting it with another member’s sig request once I’ve finished his, as it looks better as a ‘set’ (and so that all the Ice-Age related ones are in one post). I’m just neat that way, but thanks for the suggestion! :smiley:

Oh, I remember Hook! Awesome movie, I need to watch it again for the good of the little kid within me. I don’t recall hearing that quote (another reason to watch it again), but it’s the perfect quote for that signature 'cause it’s totally Buck’s character.

Really? That’s very interesting. I never knew that. Well it sure fits Peter Pan’s adventurous, bold spirit, that’s for sure.

Yep, I knew I saw that style before! Your parody with Scrat and Scratte is hilarious!

Oh, good idea. :wink:

Here’s the sig I was commisioned by BDD to do for the promotion of her Coralion mash-up trailer! Thanks again, BDD, you were a very patient ‘client’, so thanks for putting up with my delays! It was fun to have worked with you, and I look forward to another collab in the future.

And here’s my current avatar. To commemorate the 40th anniversary of the lunar landing, it’s Kevin Spacey’s character from the sci-fi indy, Moon, with a Pixar twist! His robot Gerty has endeared himself to me from the trailer, and I can’t wait to see this if it ever gets a release Down Under!

Do you mind if I use the third The Princess and the Frog avatar, thedriveintheatre? I’ve been looking to change mine for a few months now, and yours caught my eye; very nice.

Sure, Bill, I’d be honoured! :smiley: You didn’t even have to ask; just acknowledge me by posting in the ‘Who has the best avatar’ thread and/or a short credit line in your sig. :slight_smile:

To celebrate the highly-anticipated sci-fi thriller by Peter Jackson and Neill Blomkamp, The Theatre has released new signatures for District 9 fans to proudly show their support for Christopher and his fellow non-humans!

I originally intended to create the first signature and avatar, but then I found there were so many potential screenshots from the trailer to play with, I just kept going for about an hour, and here’s the result!

If you haven’t seen Trailer 2, or want to watch the movie with as little info as possible, don’t proceed further. If you’ve seen Trailer 2, then you don’t need to fear of any spoilers.

The non-human font is downloadable from the official website. :wink:

And my current avatar:

Never, never and never again shall it be that this beautiful land will again experience the oppression of one by another!

That was by Mr. Mandela, by the way.

The 6th one is my desktop were it says “Ima firin mah laser!”

Really now? That’s cool. So what do you think of my graphics? Any comments?