Flare's Ominous Songs - Dragon Songs

Hey, guys. Thought I would post a thread where I could write some songs to share with you guys.

This one is called Those Lonesome Golden Years. Hope you would enjoy. :slight_smile:

[i]Who had snatch the stars away from my blue sky?
In a flash, gray clouds flooded my brows
Joy and sorrow had used to judge themselves
Forgetting that I deserve to be cared

Pair of hands
Shred of dream
Kept on diving down along the road
So painful I forgot how to scream

Unending loneliness
Drowning my sorrow
My far-stretched world
A desert below zero

I do in fact want
The warmth of a hug
To dissolve these enduring foam

Unending waiting
Such a letdown to all
The sky ripped apart
By the serrated lonesomeness

Who could take away
This beautiful sorrow
And make me believe
The reason to be loved?[/i]

Please post your thoughts. :slight_smile:

Oh, and because this forum is kind of like a ā€˜Writingā€™ forum, I had initially thought that this would be the suitable place to post this thread. I apologize if itā€™s not so, and I would appreciate it if you would move it to the accurate area of your judgment. :wink:

If it has to do with Pixar, it should be posted here. However, I see a lot of people who are writing non-Pixar works and they post them in the Non-Pixar art sectionā€¦ even though it was made for ā€œartworkā€.

As far as I know, this isnā€™t Pixar related, am I right? Iā€™m sure someone could move it for you. :wink:

little chef

Well, since literature is a kind of art, I guess it is acceptable to put this in the Artwork section. :wink:

Thanks for the info. Iā€™m sure one of the mods could move this soon.

~ Flare

Yeah, little_chefā€™s right. Maybe one of the mods/admins could move this to the Non-Pixar Art section.
Still a cool-sounding song, though, Flare. :slight_smile: The verses donā€™t rhyme, but at least the lyrics sound pretty poignant. What were you inspired by? Perhaps youā€™d like to post a video of you singing so we know how it sounds like (if youā€™re shy, maybe you could get another person to sing it?). :question:

lol Oh, sing the song? Well, that might be a little difficult to handle, even if I am to get someone else to do the vocals. Hm. Okay, here it is:

megaupload.com/?d=8CO9XM7J
(Yeah, I use Megaupload :laughing:)

My voice sucks, so I hope you wouldnā€™t mind. :blush: Singing/speaking is not one of my greatest talent. xD I had tried rerecording several times, but my voice was about to break at the third or fourth time, so this is my best try. :stuck_out_tongue:

As for the inspiration, when related to me, it is pretty simple to explain actually, if that makes sense.

In relations to me, it is about the much agony and pain I had suffered through my life. There are so many connecting dots in the form of these lyrics here in the song that just lets me burst out those sorrows. Itā€™s a good feeling (and healthy, too). But, of course, it has to deal with loneliness more. Iā€™ve been pretty much a loner my whole life. Even though it doesnā€™t impact me as much as Iā€™ve interpreted the song would, I could relate to the words pretty well and that feels good.

Now, on the other side of this inspiration, thereā€™s a story. Itā€™s obviously about loneliness, but itā€™s actually people disregarding you, how a person would use loneliness as an excuse to keep him/herself in numb agony, waiting for that Prince Charming/Snow White to come to him/her. You see very similar types of lyrics in songs about loneliness, so, itā€™s no surprise if you donā€™t find this deeper than other songs. :laughing:

But, I hope you have enjoyed it. I will write some new songs in the future, and I hope you would enjoy them, too. :wink:

~ Flare

Hereā€™s a new song I just wrote. Hope you would enjoy. I might upload a music file to go with it again when my last one receives its first comment. Till then, enjoy this piece called Everlasting Love! Note: This is a face-paced song. :wink:

[i]Even though you are so very close to me
My true feelings are just not reaching you
Heck, I cannot even rewind the hands of time

So that we do not ever forget
Those sights of beauty we saw together
We piece together the memory puzzle

But the shape being reflected in your eyes
Is not anymore the me from those days back in our childhood

Everlasting Luv!
In a world that goes around like a labyrinth
My feelings for you will never ever change at allā€¦

Everlasting Luv!
Though I still cannot say it even until now
You are the only one Iā€™ll ever love (Everlasting Luv!)
If my wishes would come true even just for once
I would want to return right by your side

Everlasting Luv!
So that I will be with you forever when all
The mysteries have been solved
I will hold on your hand and never let go

Like I whispered
Quietly to you in my dreams
Someday I will surely come back to you

Everlasting Luv![/i]

Hope you enjoyed my song. If you enjoyed the lyrics, wait till you hear the tune! I had a great time singing to myself. :laughing:

Amazing! I would never be able to write a song! You always have a unique writing style I loveā€¦keep up the great work Flare! I hope you donā€™t mind me calling you thatā€¦ :wink:

lol Thanks a lot for your compliments, woody! I really appreciate it. And of course you could call me that! In fact, I wish people would do that more often. <_<"

Watch out for my next song, Revive.

A desperate crisisā€¦ A splendid resurgence changes the solution to the murder case!

~ Flare

So, instead of Revive, Iā€™ve decided to write a song with a tune thatā€™s more suited to my feelings right nowā€¦ even though you wonā€™t be able to listen to the tuneā€¦ Hm. Well, at least the lyrics are here! Enjoy!

This one is called Dreaming About Tomorrow.

[i]Whenever on the phone
When I hear your voice
It makes me want to cry
Although I thought I was strongā€¦
It definitely hurts, but even so
I still want to see you
When did you say
That we would be
Together again?

You have no answers for me
Am I right about that?
I cannot hide it
Everytime
I remember that friendly face
ā€¦I miss you

Iā€™m having faith
Iā€™m dreaming of tomorrow
I want to believe that you have stopped distancing along the way

Iā€™m having hope
Iā€™m dreaming of tomorrow
I want to be staring at you

Never looking away
Because all I see is sunlight through the trees[/i]

Yeah, it looks like a weird song, doesnā€™t it? :stuck_out_tongue: But, a love songā€™s a love song. No matter how weird the lyrics sound, it always gets you moving. :wink:

~ Flare

You really do have a way with writing lyricsā€¦ I write songs too, but I havenā€™t shared them with anyone because I donā€™t think anyone would be interested in them. sigh Plus it takes me forever to come up with stuff.

Another reason I havenā€™t put up anything of mine is Iā€™m afraid they would get stolen. :open_mouth:

I really do hope you continue to write music, Flare. If this is what truly makes you happy, then by all means continue with it. For me, when Iā€™m in a mood of depression, drawing my original characters always brings me joy. If writing music makes you feel that way, I would highly encourage you to devote yourself to doing it whenever things arenā€™t going so well. Sometimes spilling your thoughts and feelings onto paper is the best way to relieve the pain. :wink:

little chef

Hehe, thanks little_chef_eva09. That was quite a nice advice there. Knowing that another member of the forums enjoyed my lyrics, I guess Iā€™m just a little bit that much happier. :slight_smile:

To show my appreciation, I guess Iā€™ll write Revive now. Now, the tune of this song has a Spanish kind of feel to it, so, even though you are unable to listen to it, you could almost picture what this song is like. :wink:

[i]Revive
Look there! A desperate crisis
A desperate emotion
It swoops in, abruptly and
Grabs away the receiver
Donā€™t stop - I had thought that you wanted to keep your cool?
Say ā€œgoodbyeā€
And then maybe tell him inadvertently
I have to break out right away
I do not want to lose whatā€™s left of
My own mind
Even though I love you so much even till now

(chorus)
Deep beneath right inside me
Everythingā€™s a liaison
ā€œI need you babyā€
Shouting away
But every night, consistently
I had to reproach my doubts

I can hear it so perfectly
ā€œLove forever and only oneā€
And your sweet voice was saying
ā€œJust next stage resume and revive!ā€

I have to jump away right now
I do not want to lose whatā€™s left of
My own mind
Even though I love you so much even till now

In somewhere faraway
ā€œDo you mind if I open the door?ā€
Shouting away
Every night my heart battles with much insecurity

I can hear it perfectly
ā€œLove forever and only oneā€
And your sweet voice was saying
ā€œJust next stage resume and revive!ā€[/i]

Heh. This was actually much tougher than I had initially expected. The timing of the lyrics with my chosen tune for the song was utmost difficult. It was mind-bogging. lol So, I hope you would enjoy it. Or else. :stuck_out_tongue:

~ Flare :sunglasses:

Alright, guys, this oneā€™s called [i:e01yex48]The Undying Heart Beats On[/i:e01yex48]. It has a much more sorrow tone compared to my previous songs, good for venting out any anger you have, not that I have any at the moment. ;) This marks the first song that I posted here in PPF with two verses, so enjoy. :)

[i:e01yex48]The undying heart beats on
Shoving away destinyā€™s plans
Surviving because of you
Giving the world an accident

Not enough
Itā€™s not yet the end
Screw justiiceā€™s
Tolerance
There will be dreams if the heart beats on

Not enough
There wonā€™t be an end
Who said we would choose to let go?

Trod before
A wasteland completely destroyed
Your distant shadow
Blooms into a rose

On the road
The gloomy dominant sky
The wild gust of despair
Canā€™t back down you or me

[*chorus 1]
The undying heart beats on
Surviving because of you

Saving the future of our world
This passage
So pleasant
You and me
Endlessnessā€™ the sole excitement

When the soul
Is pierced by the sword
All your love
Repairs me
To the most enduring status

When ice chills
And rages through here
That tear on the chest will be gone

Trod before
A wasteland completely destroyed
Your distant shadow
Blooms into a rose

On the road
The gloomy dominant sky
The wild gust of despair
Canā€™t back down you or me

[*chorus 2]
Surviving because of you

This passage
So pleasant
Our hearts
Will beat on

Surviving because of you

This passage
So pleasant
You and me
Endlessnessā€™ the sole excitement[/i:e01yex48]

Phew. That was fun. While typing half way through to the second chorus, I had accidentally hit the ā€˜Refreshā€™ button, so I had to type the whole thing again. :-\ But, now that itā€™s done, it looks pretty cool. :lol: Enjoy and please comment! ;)

~ Flare

Great songs, Flare! You definitely have some talent! I would never be able to write a decent song. Your writing style is really neat; love your lyrics. You can tell how personal they are, yet universal at the same time. Keep it up! Canā€™t wait to see more from you!

Hannahmation: lol Thanks. I know some of the words donā€™t rhyme, but Iā€™m glad you enjoyed the lyrics despite that. Finding the words to match the timing of the tune in my mind is hard enough - rhyming would make it impossible. :laughing:

Keep watch, more songs coming up soon. :sunglasses:

~ Flare

So, instead of posting a song this fine morning, I am going to post about the thoughts of an alarm clock. Not what I think about an alarm clock, but what an alarm clock would be thinking if it is alive. After all, wasnā€™t there a quote in Pixar about every object capable of being animated? :slight_smile:

Factoid: The alarm clock was invented and put on Earth by the devil himself.

Mon-Fri

6:59 A.M.

Yawn It is time to do my thing. This sounds like a boring morning; he is only breathing lightly, so no chance of startling him awake. I should wait a few more minutes just to see if he is going to sleep any deeper. He wouldnā€™t mind.

7:02 A.M. (The display shows 6:59 A.M.)

Just a few more minutes now.

7:10 A.M. (The display shows 6:59 A.M.)

Bingo! He is snoring, so he is fast asleep. Letā€™s see; He tuned me into the news channel, zzzz, Iā€™m just going to change that to the Hard Rock & Heavy Metal station. Volume is set to 3; Iā€™m just going to turn that up a notch. I think Iā€™m ready to ā€¦ let me just hide the snooze button so he canā€™t find it, and done! Letā€™s wake this beech up.

7:14 A.M. (The display shows 7:00 A.M.)

beep FIRST YOUā€™LL SMOKE AND SMOULDER. BLISTER UP AND SINGE. WHEN IGNITION HITS YOU. THE VERY SOUL OF YOUR BEING WILL CRINGE.

Haha look at him jump, seems like the song shocked him.10 feet! That has to be a new record.

Sat-Sun

When you havenā€™t got any plans:

Look at Mon-Fri

When you have got plans:

8:59 A.M.

Aww, look at that poor thing. He came in at 10 P.M. No one should have to get up after only 11 hours of sleep. I think Iā€™m just going to turn down the volume and only make a little beep so I donā€™t wake him. I should probably also make my entire surface into one big snooze button, and make the snoozing interval an hour. Just in case.

9:00 A.M.

beep Phew he didnā€™t wake up. Sleep tight.

Well, Iā€™ve finally did it. Iā€™ve finally sung to another set of my lyrics. This time, to The Undying Heart Beats On and Revive.

Undying Heart: youtube.com/watch?v=JkOr3Cxb ā€¦ annel_page

Revive: youtube.com/watch?v=KyLp2Gd-tto

Till next time, comment on my tunes. What do you think of them? Is the tune for The Undying Heart Beats On as emotional as I described? How about Revive? Do they fit the lyrics? Subscribe, rate and comment. :smiley:

~ Flare

Disclaimer: This little sketch contains mostly humorous, half-jokingly materials. If you cannot take a joke, get the heck out of here. If you are offended by the sentence before this one, please leave. If you are touched by my sincerity in that last one, you are too soft to enjoy this comedy sketch. :stuck_out_tongue:

*strums a guitar in the park*

Attention all! I am here today to sing for attention to this thread (since nobody's giving a crap about it for a darn long time) and collect money. For my sacred [i]Up[/i] Marathon! What Iā€™m doing here today, everyone, is taking donations to watch all screenings of [i]Up[/i] in Singapore, thus contributing to the rep of the Lord and Master, me. And, of course I donā€™t expect you to give me money for free, so what Iā€™m going to do is entertain you with a song. Ahhh! Here we go.

[i]I will kill you all
Nothing you can do about it
I will kill you all
Nothing you can do about it
Dragon Wrath
Dragon Wrath
Dragon Wrath
Youā€™re all gonna die
Youā€™re all gonna die
Dragon Wrath
Dragon Wrath.[/i]

All right fine, probably not the best song to pick, but... You cheap jerks! Oh, oh, oh, I see. You jerks probably didnā€™t like the message, huh? Dragon Wrath, no? Screw you, alright?! How about this one? This oneā€™s better, huh, huh?

[i]Iā€™m the Lord and Master
You all are cheap jerks
Worship me
Or Iā€™ll stab your eyes ā€˜till you bleed
Iā€™m the Lord and Master[/i]

Thatā€™s me you creeps. So give me money, Money! Money money! *hums* Yeah. You cheap jerks. All right, this next song I wrote because, I AM A DRAGON! Now shut up and listen you stupid creeps.

[i]And so Iā€™m a dragon
And your not
How pathetic, you are
And Iā€™m, a dragon
And your not
Youā€™re just human
How pathetic, you are
You donā€™t have great fire breath
You donā€™t have dragon wrath
You just build to destroy while I remain a legend
You all suck![/i]

Oh, come on! That one had a message to it, a message! Yā€™ know, that like how you people just blow stuff up for no reason, and all dragons have to do is be a mythological creature in some stupid fantasy stories! Be more poetic, man! Respect literature, respect them all! And respect me! *groans*

Alright, yā€™ know, tomorrow Iā€™ll come back with a full band. Maybe it would impress you if I had the freaking E Street band like Bruce Springsteen. Youā€™ll pay 80 dollars to see that stupid guy at Madison Square Garden but you wonā€™t give me a nickel? Thatā€™s right, cross the street so you donā€™t have to deal with me.

Hope you get hit by a bus.

~ Flare

*cue laughter*

No laughter. You guys have no sense of humor.