Pixar Planet

"Pun of a Witch" [NEW!] - The Art of TDIT (Non-Pixar)

Here is the place to post any of your art work not related to Pixar, be it original or not.

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Re: "Que saudade" [NEW!] - The Art of TDIT (Non-Pixar)

Postby thedriveintheatre » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:19 am

EJE: Heehee, I wanted to try some dark humour for a change! Most of my artpieces are kinda boring and involve plonking characters from different universes without telling a real story, so this is my attempt at drawing out (pun intended) some emotional response from the viewer. I hope to continue this with my future work! :)

De nada, I'm so happy you like it! I hope you had a great one.

Badger: Thanks! I also found it hard to believe no one had thought of this yet, seeing how the Internet is quick to come up with all sorts of crossovers and crack pairings. Jose is more of a "funny animal" with his human-like gait and clothes, while the birds in Rio are more naturalistic (although they can bend their feathers like fingers and do all kinds of Looney Tunes stances). So it was interesting to shrink Jose and ship him with Blu's sweetheart!

And yes, it's been a while since you critiqued my work, eh? Haha. But you're more hardworking than me, so it's only natural that I end up commenting more on your pieces. Thanks for your comment!

Inspired by a true story (No, I didn't really breakdance in the newsroom, I would've twisted my back).

It's official: I'm going to Bronycon! After missing out on last year's one in New York, I promised myself I would attend this year's. The guest list is not as stellar, but I do hope to get a few autographs and meet some of my favourite fan artists.

If anyone lives in Baltimore or is going to the convention as well, hook me up! I could do with some con buddies.

Oh, and this is my very first non-fanart piece. Yay. Image

View high-res version on deviantART
TDIT wishes all Planeteers a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
Enter the wild and wacky world of TDIT >>> YouTube ~ DeviantART ~ Tumblr
Watch the epic new trailer for GTA V.
thedriveintheatre
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Re: "Que saudade" [NEW!] - The Art of TDIT (Non-Pixar)

Postby thedriveintheatre » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:33 pm

Why were Stuart and Dave at the movie outing? Cos' comedy potential. :)

This is a birthday gift to the super-fabulous artist and fellow animation fan Mitch. Image She's on a Despicable roll lately, and her Minion doodles pretty much made me want to draw... at 1 in the freakin' morning! *mock pout*

So I figured I'd try another comic, this time with proper frames and a title box. All the characters except Twilight are my first attempts.

Oh, and no, I haven't seen Equestria Girls yet. I plan to see it when it arrives in Singapore cinemas and support Hasbro and The Hub.

Hope you had a great one, Mitch! Keep on inspiring people to create art at unholy hours! :D

thedriveintheatre

Re: "Minion Movie Manners" [NEW!] - The Art of TDIT (Non-Pixar)

Postby thedriveintheatre » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:24 pm

Happy Halloween!

thedriveintheatre

Previous

Return to Non-Pixar Art