Music from SgtYayap Productions

Having noticed this forum, I finally decided to upload my original music uploaded on YouTube here. Feel free to check it out, and comments would be appreciated. :smiley:

Below are links to notable highlights, so far:

youtube.com/watch?v=wsc-XGKjzko

youtube.com/watch?v=H1jbWy2JCcE

youtube.com/watch?v=YYsJt1iDzRs

youtube.com/watch?v=ocOhVn9vncg

youtube.com/watch?v=5fS0ftYDBrQ

youtube.com/watch?v=zNVvHGjjY4g

youtube.com/watch?v=EqDjTEO-2Z0

youtube.com/watch?v=ishQZqv3ejE

youtube.com/watch?v=CzCiTNn_0Vk

youtube.com/watch?v=nWecucXEHEc

youtube.com/watch?v=3wuCmcY0wS4

youtube.com/watch?v=Iin3E2raLw8

youtube.com/watch?v=f5XMgSD9o7k

youtube.com/watch?v=bOBWcrXAc2o

I gave some of these songs a listen. It was pretty enjoyable. You are really talented. Remind me that when you sell an original album, please inform me ASAP!

Pretty great job buddy! Keep it up.

Thank you, TSS! :smiley:

Some more music I’ve done since then.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z616USenXBc

youtube.com/watch?v=-_-ftICZNfs

youtube.com/watch?v=Lzvhm_m_A1g

youtube.com/watch?v=d-vthJj3iGI

youtube.com/watch?v=D3myq2-wkVc

Very niiice! Shows two thumbs up Borat style What software and instruments do you use to make the music?

Thanks, TDIT! I especially appreciate that another synth-nut is interested. :laughing:

All of the sounds were provided by software and sample libraries, which are provided below:

*Korg Legacy Collection: Digital Edition (featuring official recreations of the Korg M1 and Wavestation series)
*Spectrasonics Omnisphere (Usually I use it for the classic Distorted Reality sounds included :smiley: )
*Spectrasonics Stylus RMX, expanded with Metamorphosis, Burning Grooves, and Liquid Grooves
*A handful of classic Emu-brand samples provided by Digital Sound Factory

I also made a few bonus samples on my own, mostly taken from my Korg Triton Extreme! keyboard.

Again, nice to see that you’re interested in what I use! :smiley:

Wow, I have no idea what you said, but it certainly sounds impressive! :laughing:

I’ve dabbled with Garageband and ProTools as part of my schoolwork, but I guess I’m not a soundtrack-creator kind of guy (I’m more interested in how music is used to enhance a scene, as opposed to making it myself). Whenever I hear something interesting in a TV spot or ad, I always have a nagging desire to find out the title and composer. Then I take that music and make my own fan TV spots and trailers.

You could say I’m an amateur musical consultant. :slight_smile: Oh, and I play the piano too, but I can’t play by ear, I would need scoresheets…

Anyway, keep up the cool work!

Ah. Well, I appreciate the honesty. Though, actually, I’m interested in musical enhancement of films and games myself. And, now that you mention it, I run Logic Pro myself, which is kind of the step-up to GarageBand.

And it seems we’re opposites when it comes to the piano; I can’t read music that well, yet I am pretty good at playing by ear! :laughing:

More music.

youtube.com/watch?v=rGdEdkS9SgQ

youtube.com/watch?v=_GNrZimPubE

youtube.com/watch?v=GGusorAgVTg

youtube.com/watch?v=EzjD2HEJGzM

The first one should DEFINITELY appeal to nostalgic '80s music fans of Van Halen! :smiley:

A cover of one of my most favorite pieces of music from a childhood game of mine. :smiley:

youtube.com/watch?v=OU6QK2GF2p0

Myst rules! I sadly haven’t completed it (not even the first) but I love the soundtracks! How did you get the Myst trademark ‘Booonnnnggg’ at the end?

Yeah, to be brutally honest, I needed a walkthrough myself, which, surprisingly, comes built-in to the Masterpiece version of the game. :confused:

I love the music myself, especially for the first two. :slight_smile: That sweeping sound you describe? That, as weird as it might sound, is a detuned sample of a gong!

youtube.com/watch?v=rkY66aHO_jg

This particular one is somewhat unusual on my part; though I DO like to recreate the sound of Terminator 2: Judgment Day, I never tried to use recordings of the instruments until now. :smiley:

youtube.com/watch?v=77hwXJjE6Ws

I’m going through whats on the first post right now, but fantastic work! I’m a big fan of the mello/transparent/dark sound.

Neat stuff. :sunglasses:

Thank you, thewisecookiesheet! :smiley:

I listened to the Terminator soundpiece. I think you nailed the mood and atmosphere. Great work!

Really, you should share this with as many people as possible, and if you’re not in college yet, consider pursuing sound-production as a degree, if not, as an elective at least. There’s potential. :slight_smile: