Pixar Planet

More NOn-Pixar Categories for this years PP awards

Here is the place to post any of your art work not related to Pixar, be it original or not.

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

More NOn-Pixar Categories for this years PP awards

Postby mentalguru » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:51 am

Hope people don't mind me posting this, this is just to spread the word. TDIT has announced that there will be more categories. This also includes Non-Pixar fanfiction and Best Non-Pixar artwork. Also other possible categories which could be affected in some way by Non-Pixar pieces include:

Best Video Maker
Best Graphic and Icon Artist
Best Fan Fiction Writer
Best Fan Artist
Best Original Artist

thedriveintheatre wrote:Announcement: The closing date for entries to be considered for '2010's Awards' is the closing date of the Nomination Period (16th January). So if you have any uncompleted works, or finished works that you haven't posted on Pixar Planet, do so latest by the 16th of January so people can nominate you for the Awards! Take into account that people can already start nominating from this Monday onwards (10th January), so get on it! 8)

I've just received the go-ahead that we include 'Non-Pixar' categories in this year's Awards! Refer to the first post and the 'FYC' thread for more info.

Apologies for any inconvenience or confusion. On hindsight, I should have decided on the categories before opening the 'FYC' thread.

But hopefully this gives greater opportunity for wider entries, and a more diverse competition this year!

Again, if there's anything you're unsure about the Awards, or if you would like to provide feedback, don't hesitate to PM either me or TSS, or write a post in this thread. :)

You can either edit your original post if you wish to add anything or post up pieces for the first time here:

http://www.pixarplanet.com/forums/viewt ... sc&start=0

Time is of the essence though so get to it!

*Edited URL link to FYC thread so first post shows up -TDIT*
The one whose every other post should probably more or less end with 'TL: DR'.

Haven't been here in a while. Hi!
mentalguru
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby thedriveintheatre » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:51 am

Thanks for spreading the word here, mentalguru! I've temporarily Stickied this thread for greater exposure.

And yes, all 'Best Creators' categories are not exclusive to Pixar fanworks. The only exception is 'Best Original Artist', which must not take into account the artist's talent in fanworks, Pixar or non-Pixar.
TDIT wishes all Planeteers a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
Enter the wild and wacky world of TDIT >>> YouTube ~ DeviantART ~ Tumblr
Watch the epic new trailer for GTA V.
thedriveintheatre
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Re: More NOn-Pixar Categories for this years PP awards

Postby Buzz&Woodyforever » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:08 am

TDIT, will these apply for the 2011 awards too? Just curious...
Buzz&Woodyforever
AXIOM Crewmember

Re: More NOn-Pixar Categories for this years PP awards

Postby ellie-jessie-eve » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:06 pm

B&Wf- I don't see why not. It worked well last year, and there wasn't much complaints about it. It's up to whoever is hosting the awards next year.
ellie-jessie-eve
Pixar Planet Moderator

Return to Non-Pixar Art