ICONOCLAST - Dystopian short film directed by yours truly

Note: This original thread was created to showcase some of my digital arts (mostly videos I made). Unfortunately, I accidentally deleted my old Youtube account last summer and lost all my videos, views, subscribers, and friends. I’ve included the original thread in the spoiler at the bottom for historical context, but the links no longer work because my old account is gone. My new account is at [url]http://youtube.com/TheJeffDing[/url], where all my videos are now posted (I only have put up a measly 4 since last fall due to being busy from school. :frowning: ) But feel free to subscribe or add me if you’d like!

2/25/12:
Anyways, I just directed, shot, and edited my first “real” short film about a month ago. It’s a dystopian sci-fi(ish) film and was for the 2012 National PTA Reflections Contest. Basically, I had to create a work of art (I choose a short film) that exemplifies this year’s theme, “Diversity Means…” This was a pretty low-key production; the entire short film was shot on a zero-dollar budget over the course of one week with the help of friends with no acting experience. So far the film has advanced onto the state level of judging for Ohio and I’m really hoping it makes it to nationals. For more information (including camera equipment and software) you can read the video description.

Let me know what you all think, feedback would be much appreciated! :stuck_out_tongue:
[size=150]Here is the link.[/size]
I don’t appear much in the video because I did all the directing and most of the behind-the-camera stuff. But if you want a glimpse of what I look like, I’m the guy in the middle at 4:31. :stuck_out_tongue:

And just for kicks, here’s a silly music video I helped my friend make for his government project (he’s a music producer and gets all the credit for the music): [url]- YouTube

Thanks for your time! :slight_smile:

Finally, this is the original thread from summer 2011, the links are dead. But luckily I still have the video files archived, and I will try to upload my old videos when I get the chance.

[spoiler]The reason I put the quotes there is because I am absolutely horrible at drawing, or anything that involves creating something from scratch. :stuck_out_tongue: But I am into videography, photography, animation, etc. The digital arts, basically.

I’m going to admit I actually can’t do 3D animation at all. Stuff like Blender, Maya, and 3ds Max scare the living bejeebus out of me! :astonished: So I have major respect for anyone that does 3D animation. But I know how to “fake” 3D in a program called Adobe After Effects. It’s a 2D compositing program, but you can get away with decent stuff if you’re careful and things aren’t too complex. Here’s the most recent thing I’ve created, it’s an intro video I made for my school’s morning announcements opener: [url]- YouTube

I love to make short videos too. Sadly everything I’ve done so far has basically been fooling around with friends, or school projects, so they’re really not worth posting. :blush: But I just invested in a new DSLR, so hopefully you guys will be seeing some decent photography and short films from me soon! Here’s the first video I’ve made so far with it: [url]- YouTube

Unfortunately I wasn’t able to watch the first video. :frowning: It won’t work on my phone. I was, however, able to watch the second one. I think the camera quality is amazing, and I love the depth of field! :smiley: By the way, is the building in the video where you work? It’s a pretty cool looking building. I like the shot where it was showing a walkway next to a long, curved window. :sunglasses:

And hey, After Effects and those 2D editing programs have a sacred realm of their own. About all I’ve done in AE is work with green screens (well, red screens), and most of that was limited. All the rest of that stuff is just too confusing for me most of the time. :unamused: :wink:

Hey thanks man! Glad you liked it. :smiley:

And I feel the same level of confusion in 3D programs, so I guess we’re even. 8D

Hey everyone, new video! Hope you all enjoy! (see the top) :slight_smile:

That was so awesome. It conveys such a powerful message! Reminded me of Fahrenheit 451.