Bryko's animations

I just got Maya sooo I’m gonna try to do some animation with it.

This is my first animation. It took me about a day to do. It’s a little rough around the edges but whatever.
youtube.com/watch?v=fB863xIz1hM

I used the Lieutenant Dan rig for this one. I hope to have some more stuff done in the near future.

Wow, this is really good! Heck, it’s better than my animations! lol
Also, I just sent you a friend request.

youtube.com/user/BryanAnimations

Wow, these are good! Also I love the “kindness” bit of the early blocking video :smiley:

Wow, very cool Bryko! I take it you want to go to animation school eventually, or are you just animating for the fun of it?

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

e-j-e: Not sure yet. It’d be cool to do, but I’ll see how things go. For now it’s just a hobby.

Here’s a helmet that I modeled. No textures yet, I’m not that advanced xD

I’m very impressed! I didn’t realize you did CG modeling; the helmet looks awesome.

youtube.com/user/BryanAnimations

Totally swashbuckling :sunglasses: :smiley:

More modeling/rendering stuff from tutorials. I’m kind of veering away from animation at the moment because it’s easier to find time to model/multitask while doing it.

I recently decided it’d be best to go back to the basics as I don’t really think I’m ready for a full dialogue piece yet. Definitely a good decision, as I’ve learned a ton from just these tests. I’m hoping to build up to some more complex stuff over the next few months. I’ve also decided to focus pretty much exclusively on animation instead of modeling and I’m hoping to work on character animation in college.

Bouncing balls:
youtube.com/watch?v=FCTh-m3kotc
youtube.com/watch?v=odHnuJr4Ffo
youtube.com/watch?v=S6gtdnydQ8Y

Walk cycles:
youtube.com/watch?v=WFEJSCosHm4
youtube.com/watch?v=yC7BbrISZoU
youtube.com/watch?v=-xPYfsj05fI (might go back and fix this one)

Overlap (meh)
youtube.com/watch?v=jcltwRuJKGA

Side step (I really like this one):
youtube.com/watch?v=l7iFSeOX4Xc