Most Simplistic Pixar Film

By which I mean anything about the film can be fairly simple: the artwork, the plot, etc. For me, it’s Up. Talk about the economy of story telling: there are only five main characters to carry the film and yet the story is still completely effective.

When you say 5 main characters for Up, I’m guessing you mean Carl, Russell, Dug, and Kevin? (What would number 5 be?)

Guess I have no opinion for the topic at this time…although I might have one later. :unamused:

Muntz

I feel like Brave is the most stripped-back film.

I think Brave is a little too complicated for its own good, which is why I’d love to see the original draft of the film; that was even more complicated supposedly!

I agree with Up. I feel that the story is a very simple story, but the thing that makes Up so powerful is that there is layers underneath the simplicity that make the movie that much more memorable and lovable. There are only 5 characters that carry the movie, but those 5 characters are very strong characters in their own right. The story sounds like a simple story, but it was told in a very heartfelt and powerful way.