Rejected 'Graffitti' Film

I was talking to a woman earlier this week who has a brother who is a professional Hollywood writer. Anyway, apparently he had a meeting with Pixar about an idea he had for an animated film about graffitti figures coming to life. In the end, it was rejected on the basis that it encouraged vandalism. Cool story, huh?

I’ve never heard this before! It’s interesting though, and plausible. Kinda reminds me of DW’s Me and My Shadow (which I still wish hadn’t been canned. :cry: )

According to Dreamworks Animation Studios’ Wikipedia page, “Me and my Shadow” is still in development.

Sounds like it would’ve been an interesting film, but I could see it being a smidge scary considering what some people draw in graffiti… but if anyone could’ve done it awesomely, Pixar could’ve! Just wasn’t meant to be, I guess…

Never heard that before. Kind of a different kind of premise, tho it seems rather limiting. I guess that would depend on whether those characters were confined to the walls they were painted on or not

That seems odd. Not like Pixar’s never spotlighted some really bad ideas before (Go ahead little children, bring rats into the kitchen! Go gallivanting after big fluffy things with sharp teeth, they are more afraid of you than you are of them!).

Are you referring to the Anglerfish in FN? I don’t think you need to worry about too many children messing with them lol!

No, I was referring to Boo running after Sulley. Though, on second thought, I’m not really sure if he does have sharp teeth.