Super Smash Bros. Pixar

ITT: We create over a Super Smash Bros. inspired roster for Pixar characters.
Basically draft characters from Pixar films and shorts who you think would be able to be a capable fighter. You can relate your choice to an actual SSB character to further clarify. The goal is to have fun coming up with your own roster.

Note: I skipped over some films since their main cast would not seem feasible as a potential fighter.

Edit: I’m adding unlockable characters and assist trophies

Edit 2: I’m adding Horst as a starter and I’ve added dashes for Final Smashes (they are a WIP)

Edit 3: Adding the first few names for Final Smashes for some of the starters. Some pairs will have special Final Smashes in team battle. I also changed the website link for Smash Bros. to the portion that actually explains what it is.

Edit 4: Added Final Smashes for the remaining starter characters and the secret characters. The ones without a final name will have a star next to them. Moving Jack-Jack, Horst, and the Pixar Short characters to the Assist Trophy category. Kevin and Dug will be a part in Carl and Russell’s Final Smash. I added a section for alternate costumes (like Warioware Wario and Traditional Wario in SSBB), feel free to contribute.

Special Thanks to The Star Swordsman for the Final Smashes!

I’ll start:

Toy Story
Sheriff Woody- Woody’s Roundup
Buzz Lightyear- Come In Star Command
Rex- Dominant Predator
Jessie- Critter Combat
Combat Carl-*

Monsters, Inc./University
James P. Sullivan-*
Mike Wazowski-*
Dean Hardscrabble-*

The Incredibles
Mr. Incredible- Punching Bag
Elastagirl- Be More Flexible
Dash- Catch me If You Can
Violet- Now You See Me…

Cars
Lightning McQueen-*
Mater-*
Holley Shiftwell-*

Ratatouille
Remy controlling Linguini- Rat Attack!

Wall-E
Wall-E-*
Eve-*

Up
Carl Fredricksen & Russell duo-*

Brave
Merida-*
Queen Elinor- Gone Wild
King Fergus-*

Unlockable Characters
[spoil]One Eyed Bart & Betty duo (Toy Story)- Goin’ Out With a BANG!
Emperor Zurg (Toy Story)- Wrath of the Evil Emperor
Randall Boggs (Monsters, Inc./University)- Number One Scarer
Johnny Worthington III (Monsters University)- The Initiation
Syndrome (The Incredibles)-*
Frozone (The Incredibles)- Chill Out!
Finn McMissile (Cars)-*
Mor’du (Brave)- Ravager of Kingdoms[/spoil]

Assist Trophies The ones under spoiler tags are unlockable
[spoil]André & Wally B. (The Adventures of André and Wally B.)[/spoil]Tin Toy & Baby (Tin Toy)
Red (Red’s Dream)
Bo Peep(Toy Story)
[spoil]Sid’s Mutant Toys (Toy Story)[/spoil]
Flik and the circus bugs (A Bug’s Life)
Boo (Monsters, Inc.)
[spoil]Children Detection Agency (Monsters, Inc.)
Oozma Kappa (Monsters University)[/spoil]
Tank Gang (Finding Nemo)
Jack-Jack (The Incredbiles)
[spoil]The Omnidroid (The Incredibles)[/spoil]
[spoil]Edna Mode (The Incredibles)
Street Racers (Cars)[/spoil]
Emile (Ratatouille)
Horst (Ratatouille)
Burn-E (Wall-E)
Alpha and the pack (Up)
[spoil]The Witch (Brave)[/spoil]
[spoil]Tall Bird (For the Birds)[/spoil]
Alec Azam (Presto)
Bambino (La Luna)
Jackalope (Boundin’)

Special Final Smashes (Team Battle Only)
Violet & Dash- Incrediball

Alternate Costumes:
Sheriff Woody- Woody’s Roundup look
Buzz Lightyear- Buzz Lightyear of Star Command look, Utility Belt
Rex-
Jessie-
Combat Carl- Original Toy Story Combat Carl
James P. Sullivan- Monsters University look
Mike Wazowski- Monsters University look
Dean Hardscrabble-
Mr. Incredible- Golden Age look, Vigilante look, Civilian clothes
Elastagirl- Golden Age look, Civilian clothes
Dash- Civilian clothes
Violet- Civilian clothes
Lightning McQueen- Dinoco, Cars 2 look, Paintjob from Ramone
Mater- Pre-rust Mater
Holley Shiftwell-
Remy controlling Linguini- Garbage Boy
Wall-E-
Eve-
Carl Fredricksen & Russell duo- Young Carl (around Russell’s age)
Merida- Princess look
Queen Elinor-
King Fergus-
[spoil]One Eyed Bart & Betty- Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head
Emperor Zurg- Buzz Lightyear of Star Command look
Randall Boggs- Monsters University look
Johnny Worthington III-
Syndrome-
Frozone- Civilian clothes
Finn McMissile-
Mor’du-[/spoil]

For those of you who do not know what Smash Bros. is: [url]http://www.smashbros.com/us/howto/entry1.html[/url]

Dude, is a fantastic idea. And so far, I absolutely love your roster! I really do. Although, I would like to make a suggestion of having a few hidden/unlockable characters.

But other than that, this is a very fantastic idea. I can see the reason why you pick all these characters. (some more than others). But hats off to you

I hadn’t thought about the unlockable characters thanks! I guess some characters I decided to cut since it might have oversaturated a franchise might have chance! In addition, an Assist Trophy could be made for characters who wouldn’t work as being playable. I’ll draft the list soon.

Give that man a cookie.

And for a bonus, a Zurg over Ganondorf SSBB hack:

Now this sounds like an awesome game! And that Zurg hack is so cool! My only character suggestion would be Horst from Ratatouille (his thumb power is lethallll! Hehe). I can only imagine what it’d look like when Anger and Arlo enter the ring… :slight_smile:

We should make Horst’s thumb power be his Final Smash… and he slices and dices at you with his normal moves (like Ike or Marth).

Or, Horst’s thumb could be a killing move like Little Mac when his KO meter full. Imagine: Ding, ding! opposing player is KO’ed 1, 2, 3, 4! Horst declares thumb war!

My first though for Anger and Arlo was a pair similar to Yoshi and Baby Mario except with Anger having more movement than Mario does. Hmm…

The emotions from Inside Out could make for a great assist trophy unless Riley is playable and her emotion affects her damage, speed, etc.

Evil emperor Zurg in Smash! Epic! totally epic!

Speaking of smash, I would love to hear ideas of Pixar characters Final Smashes

Hrm…It might take a while but I should be able to draft some. I’ll start with the starter characters. I’ll update the top post.

If you would like some ideas pitched to you, I’d be more than happy to give you some.

I’m all ears:

…I’ll see myself out for that…

Alrighty then. :wink: Give me overnight to think about a few, and I’ll have my ideas for tomorrow.

Well, i’ll start with one movie at a time, starting with Toy Story.

FINAL SMASHES

Woody: Woody’s Roundup: Woody gets a pull-string powerup. Woody lassos an area, roping in any of his opponents within. he then slams his opponents to the ground twice, doing serious damage. then he spins round and round, making the controller decide whether the final toss will end up going right or left, giving them a chance to toss them off screen.

Buzz: Come In Star Command: Buzz Lightyear calls in Star Command as he flies in the sky. He flies in with a swarm of space rangers and star command ships, which all on buzz’s command, shower down the area with lasers

Rex: Dominant Predator: Just like Bowser from Brawl where he transfroms into Giga Bowser, Rex’s final smash allows him to grow into T-REX size just like in the beginning of Toy Story 3. This gives him temporary invulverability, enhanced damage, and new attacks and grabs.

Jessie: Critter Combat: Jessie yodels her fury friends who come help attack her opponents. These critters include (but not limited to) Eagles (which swoop from above) rabbits (which scurry and deliever swift strikes) bears (slow but damaging beasts).

Combat Carl: (I’ve never seen Toy Story of Terror so I would like some ideas for him)

Great ideas, although I think Buzz should call his spaceship to pick him up so that he can shoot players on screen like this: [url]Zero Suit Samus's Final Smash From Super Smash Bros Wii U! - YouTube
and give the summoning Final Smash to [spoil]Zurg[/spoil].

Combat Carl’s Final Smash sends him into a tank and attacks players on screen (think Fox’s Landmaster). The tank is from here: [url]Trailer -- Toy Story Of Terror -- New On Blu-ray & Digital 8/19 - YouTube
I’m not sure what to name it…

Sulley’s Final Smash, “You’re Worst Nightmare”, locks a single opponent in a bed on stage. Sulley then rolls to the bed, with bright red eyes, and roars his loudest. This roar has a heavy knockback and instantly KO’s the victim. As you can probably tell, I’m terrible with titles.

I’m kind of stumped on the Incredibles starters…any ideas?

The Incredibles are my specialty. Once again, i’ll provide them tomorrow. gotta brain storm them just so they can be epic.

^ I can tell they’re in good hands.

On another note, Nintendo’s introduction of amiibo seems like any easy transition into Pixar Smash Bros.
Slightly off-topic, but, I plan on collecting these figures rather than actually using them in Smash Bros. Wii U. 8D

Sorry for the long wait. Had a long but fun weekend, but I believe this is more than enough time to come up with some epic final smashes for my favorite Pixar family.

FINAL SMASHES

Mr. Incredible- Punching Bag: Upon activation, Mr. Incredible yells his trademark “SHOWTIME” and charges with a punch. Any and all players who are in his path get pulverized as he swings with monsterous jabs, crosses, hooks and uppercuts. He punches them in the stomach, sending them doubling over to their knees before he gives a cheesy “have a nice flight”. A final punch sends the player flying out of the arena.

Mrs. Incredible- Be More Flexible: Mrs. Incredible lashes out to an area and lassoes them up. she slams them down on the ground, then the left side of the wall then the right side of the wall. she wrapps herself around her oponents, constricting them before throwing them with her legs out of the arena.

Violet- Now You See Me…- Violet forms a medium sized field in front of her, trapping anyone inside. She gives her trapped opponents 2 force field punches and kicks. she turns invisible as she hits them from all around, doing more damage. as the players are dazed and confused, violet reappears and fires a Hadoken sized force field projectile at them, sending them out of the arena.

Dash- Catch me If You Can: Dash slows down time (Like the Luigi Zone in Brawl or the Shadow The hedgehog Chaos Control assist trophy). This allows Dash to rush in and deal loads of combos. the duration lasts between 10-15 seconds

Special Final Smash
Violet $ Dash- Incrediball: This only works in Team Battle. If Violet or Dash activate their final smash and are on the same team, both form the All mighty Incrediball. Where Violet and Dash can rush and roam the arena in a force field ball. The duration is short, but anyone that gets hit by it gets knocked out immediately.

I’m more and more seriously wanting to play a game like this just reading these posts… :mrgreen:

The Star Swordsman: Glad to hear your weekend was great. You continue to amaze me with how creative your Final Smashes are. I’ll add the names of the Final Smashes in the top post.

ObsessedWithPixar: Not too long ago, Cartoon Network made a Smash Bros. clone for the 3DS and other consoles.

Your reward, a brawl hack for Wall-E and Eve!