Favorite Pixar actor of all time

Who is your favorite Pixar voice actor of all time?

My favorite would definitely have to be Dave Foley. I love his voice, for some reason – it’s so “jittery” and ecstatic. (snigger)

Mitch - Have you seen Thank God You’re Here yet? I’d be surprised if you haven’t since you love David Foley so much.

I can’t really choose a favorite one. They’re all great. :smiley:

Well, my favourite actor that has been in a Pixar film has to be Steve Buscemi, but there’s so many other talented actors that it is hard to choose.

Bill - Nope – haven’t seen it yet. But I will one of these days, so don’t worry! (snigger) :wink:

lizardgirl - Steven Buscemi delivered an excellent performance as the character of Randall in Monsters Inc., but I also liked him as the voice of Templeton the rat in Charlotte’s Web. Just brilliant.

Hard for me to pick a favorite. I love Brad Garrett, Madeline Kahn, Jonathan Harris, Joe Ranft, Bob Peterson, Joan Cusack, Steve Buscemi, Jason Lee, Dave Foley, Lou Romano, David Hyde-Pierce, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, John Ratzenberger, Bonnie Hunt, Richard Kind, … probably more … :slight_smile:

C’mon, who else but John Ratzenberger? He’s like Pixar’s flaghip guy! :stuck_out_tongue: :sunglasses:

[size=92]He da BOOOOMB. :smiley:!

And Lou Romano, of course![/size]

1)Bonnie Hunt :sunglasses:
(Does Owen Wilson count?) :confused:
2)John R :wink:

Owen Wilson does count. :smiley:

John Rats (I like to call him that lol)

My top five are :

1.Willem Dafoe (Gill)
2.Albert Brooks(Marlin)
3.John Ratzenberger
4.Ellen Degeneres(Dory)
5. Paul Newman(Doc Hudson)

Sorry Paul … I first had him at number three , but then I thought , ’ Hey , what about John and Ellen ’ ?

Peter O’Toole (Anton Ego) :smiley:

1. Paul Newman
  2. Ellen DeGeneres
  3. Owen Wilson
  4. John Ratzenberger
  5. Albert Brooks

I just looooove the role of Paul Newman as Doc.
But this is just my top five, I think Pixar does and amazing job when they pick up the right actor for the right character! :wink:

So you’re a Doc Hudson fan … hey lennonluvr9 we got another one ! yay !

Paul did really good , but Willem , in my eyes , was amazing at the role of a mysterious character ! All scary , yet nice … so many roles in one part …

When you think about it , Dafoe and Newman’s characters have almost the same role . You know , to be the mysterious character and teach a lesson or two . :wink:

Mitch - Would Patton Oswalt be your second favorite Pixar voice actor? :wink:

Gasduude - Oh yeah, we can’t forget John "Ratz"enberger! I love doing his voice – it’s so…bouncy. (snigger) :wink:

Maggie - I agree – Paul Newman delivered an excellent performance as our favorite Hudson Hornet. His long, drawn out tone suits Doc’s personality perfectly.

Bill - Haha – cha, we’ll have to see about that when the film comes out, huh? You might be right! :wink:

My favorite actors that has been in a pixar film would be a toss up between John Goodman (Sulley) and Jim Varney (Slinky Dog).
They lend themselves so well to their characters, I could not choose one over the other.

I was sad when I heard Jim had passed away but, bless his soul, he left his mark within Slinky Dog. As for John, his voice made me fall in love with Sulley before I cared to know actors by name.

I don’t mean to be a party pooper, but Patton Oswalt didn’t seem really “into” Pixar…or at least Brad Bird.

From Brad Bird: The Big Cheese:

PO: He’s done somthing about a robot…and maybe something about some superheroes? I’m not really familier with the subject…

Now maybe I’m reading way too into this, but if your going to star a lead role in a movie, wouldn’t you at least know the names of the movies the Director your working for made? I don’t know…

On the other hand, wasn’t it he who said at the end something like: “It’s a Pixar movie…that says it all.”?

Hmm.

Gasduude: I believe he was just joking around. =P He can’t be serious, lol!