Favorite Pixar Parent?

Who is your favorite Pixar parent?

• Andy’s Mom (Toy Story 1 & 2)
  • Zurg (LOL) (Toy Story 2)
  • The Queen (A Bug’s Life)
  • Sulley (I know he’s not technically a parent to Boo, but he qualifies) (Monsters, Inc.)
  • Marlin (Finding Nemo)
  • Coral (Finding Nemo)
  • Bob Parr (The Incredibles)
  • Helen Parr (The Incredibles)
  • Django (Ratatouille)

0 voters

I know i would’ve been somewhat better to post this closer to Mother/Father’s day, but I’m impatient. :laughing: So, who’s your favorite Pixar parent and why?

I love me some Elastigirl. :wink:

I picked Django because he’s tough on his kids but deep down he’s just trying to do what’s best for them. :smiley:

I’d say Marlin. Who has ever heard of a father searching an ocean for his son? :wink: He’s such a funny character and a good father.

Yeah, I went with Marlin too. I mean, the whole story of Finding Nemo was the father-son relationship between him and Nemo, and the way that that relationship progresses, and the way Marlin develops both as a character and as a father, is definitely one of the highlights of the film.

I’ll go with Helen. She’s a perfect example of a good mother.

I think Marlin is a good parent. He trys to kepp Nemo safe.

I would have to go with Helen on this one. NOt only is she one of my top favorite characters, but she, in my opinion, is the best parent of all of the Pixar Parents. I love her. She is caring, loving, and wants the best for her family. And she would do anything to protect them.

continues along TSS’s line of thought
Not to mention devoted, understanding, and encouraging.

Most of my favorite scenes are with her and the kids, or her reaction to something happening around them. Gotta love that ‘mom’ instinct.

Haunt: Oh I agree, especially the scenes with her and Violet. WHen I saw TI, I saw Moms and daughters bawling together durring the cave scene.

God, conflicts between choose Helen and Marlin…

First off, the thing about Helen and Violet scene in the cave… well, it was definitely heartwarming to see Violet being apologetic to Helen and Helen reaching out to her daughter and all, but it occurred to me that she seems like an ordinary mum, with all the qualities of an ordinary mum, of course. It would be natural for a mother to give the sort of advice Helen did in the cavern scene, after Violet brought her inner-worries to her (Helen). But I am impressed by her parental skill as a mother. She was able to handle most if not all situations given involving her children; whether if it’s a panic attack in the wide open sea… and in the vast open air, advice-giving when dealing with teenage/preadolescence issues, or handling a conflict between siblings (alright, most situations). However, as impressive as she might be, she did not really stand out as a parent herself, to me anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

Then there’s Marlin. With Witch_of_Night’s statement added, Marlin is more than a good father; he’s extraordinary. There are several reasons why I watch Finding Nemo:

1. My. :wink:
  2. Unique plot.
  3. Marlin.

Marlin as a character himself brought more than a role as a father searching for his son. In the beginning, his worries for Nemo might have been brought up by the death of his wife, hence causing him to worry about losing the only son and family he has. But then as the story moved on, given all the challenges and obstacles Marlin had to go through in order to reach his son, audiences, including me myself, were able to reach out towards Marlin, especially at the scene where Nemo was presumed dead by the aching father.

It all just adds up to Marlin showing much more care and concern for his child. Maybe just a gut feeling, maybe an image produced by Marlin’s vigorous actions.

Marlin, of course. I just love him. Maybe because he’s so much like me. Plus I honestly do think he was a good parent to Nemo despite his overprotectiveness (which he mostly overcame by the end anyway). By going out into the open ocean at all (really without even thinking about it) he did show that he was willing to do whatever it took for his son.

Can I choose other? I’d say Crush from Finding Nemo is my favourite Pixar parent :smiley:

That’s cool, ilikepinatas. In fact, that’s awesome! :smiley: Crush was a good parent.

Crush was a cool parent, I’ll admit that, and probably one of the most lieniant parents of all of the Pixar ones.

Definately Elastigirl, she rocks! 8D

I agree with you there Kel Bel. I am sure her kids love her as their mom.

Zurg. He’s evil AND knows how to play catch.

I picked Django, because I love how he’s firm, but then changes. When a parent realizes that he/she is wrong and changes to fit that, that’s when you know he/she is a good parent :wink:

Plus… [size=84]I like…[/size][size=50]Ratatouille…[/size]

Lol, I hadn’t thought about Zurg! And you’re right- he IS an amazing Pixar parent! :laughing: