Pixar Comics

Pixar Comics, Good or Bad Idea?

• Sounds great!
  • Oh, no!
  • Not sure 'til I see it!

0 voters

BOOM! Studios announced that it will be writing Disney•Pixar Comics based on The Incredibles, Finding Nemo, Monsters, Inc., Cars, WALL-E and Toy Story at today’s preview of Comic-Con. This idea sounds very interesting and exiting since I’ve always wanted Pixar comics, especially from The Incredibles (I bet many of you agree) and the other properties are very comic-bookable. These will be brand new stories based on the original films. written by outside writers from BOOM! and published by Disney. This brings up a few problems though, will they be consistent and, if Pixar makes a sequel, will it be limited by the comics which will feature brand new storylines and characters? The articles introducing the comics also say that they will be kid friendly, which is ok with me, but how far will they go with it. It would be contradicting Pixar’s philosophy if they do go too far with the kiddie-ness. Besides that, I enjoyed the Disney Adventures Pixar comics, so I don’t see why I won’t enjoy these, after all I love funny comics.
comics.ign.com/articles/893/893015p1.html
comicbookresources.com/?page … e&id=17355

Ooh I’ve just read the articles and it seems interesting… They’re only doing a few on each film?

Wish I lived in america haha, I’d go buy the preview book!

It looks amazing. I am really excited to see it.

Well, I can definitely see the Incredibles working out as a comic and, to a certain extent, the other films too. If it’s done well, it’ll be good, but as you said martini, creating these comics poses a few problems. But I’m happy to wait and see how they turn out.

Thanks for telling us about this, martini! :smiley:

I have to thanks MB1000 for posting this on his blog, but anyhow, I know there’s a representative from Pixar for the theme parks, and the video games, so I really hope they have one for books/comics so that we can get the most accurately “Pixar” comic book possible. I’m pretty sure someone is there to keep check so that they don’t stray too far away, but the article does say Disney is encouraging BOOM! to go a bit, out there. Again, we’ll see how it turns out, and I AM excited and plan to buy them. :slight_smile:

WALL-E comics! Yes! I’d been hoping we’d get some, like we did with Cars, but then I learned Disney adventures fell apart so I didn’t think It was gonna happen. Glad to see I was wrong! :smiley: NEW STORIES! <3

ya i loved disney adventures magazines
i have been reading it for a long time now
and now i am so mad they stopped :imp:
but now i am happy because i get to see wall-e comics :smiley:

I wanted to see Disney Adventures Magazine, but I never got the chance. I ordered it but it got cancelled before I could recieve it.
However, I will be excited for the Pixar comics. But I can’t really say if I’ll like it or not until I see it. Which I can’t wait to do.

Newarama has a really interesting an reassuring interview with Mark Waid from BOOM! who will be writing The Incredibles comics:
newsarama.com/comics/080724-disn … -boom.html
These quotes stand out to me:

It’s nice to know the stories have to be approved by Pixar so that we can get quality assurance.
And when asked if these comics would be just for kids he says:

This article answered all my questions about the comics that got me worried, now I can’t wait. Read it, it’s about two weeks old but it’ll really reasure you if you were doubting the comics.

They said there selling the comics now so where do i order them?

I don’t think they are out now. They still haven’t announced the other writers and artists who’ll be doing The Incredibles. If you’re talking about the Comic-Con preview comic book, it was available for 5 dollars at the BOOM! booth.

So I’'m guessing we’ll see it around fall or winter.

I am assuming they can be found in bookstores right?

Right, when they come out. :wink:

I’m totally up to see these comics, but it could be weird to see different storylines (as everyone has mentioned) for movies with upcoming sequels, like Toy Story and Cars. But either way, I’ll be sue to buy a copy once it comes out. :slight_smile:

I just read a new article about the comics, seems the release date was pushed back to April.

The plot description sounds cool, to read the full article go here: splashpage.mtv.com/2008/08/12/pi … -dynamics/

OH my goodness, I am loving the plot already. It sound so original. I really can’t wait to get it. I am so excited!

when are they coming out :exclamation:

I agree with Pixart…when DO these bad boys come out? :smiley:

I have done some research. I heard they will come out some time in March. March 25 to be a little more accurate. I don’t know if this date is a rumor or true, but it seems that March is the target date.

This is so exciting! I love the idea of further adventures for the Incredibles and Wall-E.
They are already doing something similar for Cars in the monthly Cars magazine. And of course, they have graphic novels that detail the events in the movie in comic-book form.
I hope they stay true to the spirit of the movies and don’t go all OOC on us! :smiley: