Movie Mistakes

On Nemo’s first day of school, when he meets Tad, Sheldon, and Pearl, they don’t know his name and no one has mentioned it to them. When Mr. Ray arrives they say: “COME ON NEMO!!!” How did they know his name all of a sudden? See if you can find any more of these little “mistakes”

:sunglasses:

They do? I dont remember that. I remember one of them saying C’mon, but I dont remember them using his name. Then again, maybe they did. And I thought Nemo did say what his name was. But I havent watched the movie in so long, I probably forgot exactly what they did.

Oh, I just got myself this crazy idea. I think we should make this a sticky and come up with a master list of “Movie Goofs”, just like rachel’s idea of a master list of “Pixar-InJoke” reference.

Nemo did introduce hiself. I remember him saying “I’m Nemo.”

In WALL•E, when WALL•E is traveling through space on his way to the AXIOM, he often makes noises. Due to the lack of air, there is no sound in space. However, i’m not sure about vibrations which could be sensed by the camera? :bulb:

I would post some TI ones right now, but first off, I want to use my weekend to watch the movie, then find every good I can, then post it up here.

I just watched The Incredibles last night, and I noticed in Violet’s first scene, that she is already outside for her mum to pick her up before the last school bell goes. I mean, Violet wouldn’t ditch class, she’s supposed to be a well behaved girl.

I don’t think that is a goof. I think that can be explained. Here is my theory. Violet’s class was let out before the bell rang, so she was just waiting outside.

oh, okay good point TSS. and for those who don’t believe me about that finding nemo one don’t worry about going and putting the DVD on just watch the first minute of this and listen very carefully.

[url]- YouTube
Enjoy!

Here’s another one I read from The Incredibles.

Where does Violet get her headband from when she starts wearing it, and how does it turn invisible? There is a theory that it was made as part of the costume, but Edna would have known in advance that Violet would have worn it… but we all know that the reason why she wears it is so it shows her growing confidence to the audience.

In addition to that rachel, here are two more VIolet “goofs” in The Incredibles.

If you look very closely, you can see that the part in Violet’s hair when she isn’t wearing a headband switches from her left side to her right side.

Another goof: After Violet jumps into the small stream, the guard shoots at her. A minute later, she emerges from the water in her invisible state. But seconds after that, she appears nice and dry.

I think that’s because of her suit.

Yeah, but then look at her hair. I might not be a girl, nor have long hair, but I do know that hair takes a long time to dry off.

yeah, good point…

In Cars, there are signs at the end of the road where the damage ends that say “End Construction Zone.” When the Mini and Van scene (the two mini van tourists in case you didn’t know that) comes up, they would have drove past the signs, but the signs aren’t there. They stay missing until the scene when the townsfolk think Lightning had left but he doesn’t. That’s one big goof right there!

And when Chick is flashing his thunder sticker at Lightning in the California race, it flashes backwards. The C should actually be facing backwards when it reflects, not normal.

Those are the two I remember. There are more. Oh, and you can count the fact that The King’s eyes are brown, turn blue after the crash, then turn brown again during the museum scene in the credits. But there’s a whole other thread on that, so if you wanna discuss that one, go to it. [url]What the...? - Cars - Pixar Planet Forums I remember reading a website with more so I may just go look it up.

In The Incredibles, when Helen Parr is on the phone with E talking about Bob’s new suit, you’ll see her shadow against the wall, but the shadow for the telephone and the cord is mysteriously not present when it should be.

In Wall•e, just after Wall•e and EVE have been taken to the Bridge by G0-4. EVE has been woken up by Auto and is looking for the plant, at the side you can see the trolley thing she was being carried on and it has a deactivated EVE still strapped to it…even though she’s moving about right in front of you…

If you guys wanna see movie mistakes, go to “www.slipups.com” and search for a Pixar movie. By the way, how do WALLE’s “legs” box up? After EVE asks him, “Vintex?” or whatever, he falls over, and before he gets up, you can see that his base or bottom or whatever is closed!! Does the box’s bottom have hinges that swing inwards when WALLE goes into box mode? Weird…

I have one from A Bug’s Life.

As Hopper is making Thumper beat Flik around, we see the circus bugs respond.

(For those of who who never noticed Manny and Gypsy in this scene, they’re on the far left :stuck_out_tongue: )

In the next scene, right before the retaliation, we see them again.

Now, what’s wrong with this picture? Slim and Rosie switched from beside Dim to flanking Manny and Gypsy (who had a few ants around them prior to this). Also, Dim, Tuck, and Roll have disappeared.

(On an unrelated side note, I also noticed that Molt was the only one of the grasshoppers who flinched when Flik was beaten up. He goes up a bit on my “like” meter =) )

I’m sure Tuck and Roll are still there somewhere but you just can’t see them in that shot, and one of those ants right in front of Manny and Gypsy in the first pic looks like a Flik clone to me.

I think the toy’s introduction in the original Toy Story had a lot of inaccuracies like that. For example, when we first see Robot and Snake come to life they’re standing in front of Andy’s cardboard boxes:

But the next time we see them is under the bed right after Woody finishes talking to Slinky Dog:

Now here’s the really strange thing. This wide shot makes it very clear that the boxes they were standing next to are way over on the other side of the room away from the bed:

This was in fact the shot we see right before the first pic, and you can even see from here that…

…Mr. Potato Head was already in that same area, but Robot and Snake aren’t seen behind him, so they somehow just magically appeared there. Kind of a big goof-up on Pixar’s part, but it was only their first film after all.