Favorite Pixar sidekicks

Who are your favorite Pixar sidekicks? Mine is, without a doubt, Slinky. Now I know that when you think of the Toy Story series, you think of Woody and Buzz as the main sidekicks. But in terms of being loyal and faithful, I gotta give 'Best Sidekick" to Slinky. Even after Woody was thought to have killed Buzz, Slinky was the only one who wanted to help him get back to Andy (Yes, I know that Bo Peep helped with that too, but being porcelin she could only really bark orders, while Slinky did most of the work). What about the rest of you; who are your favorite Pixar sidekicks?

Hmmm, are you asking abour our favorite Pixar background/supporting/minor character? It is hard to think of a sidekick because sidekicks have a criteria.

I’m with you on this one, WheezeysBestBud. Slinky is an awesome character and is truly faithful to Woody even when all the other toys are against him.

And welcome to the boards! :smiley:

WheezeysBestBud - First and foremost, welcome to Pixar Planet! It’s nice to have you here. :smiley:

Secondly, I also highly agree with you. Slinky has always been my favorite of the Toy Story characters because of his loyalty.

I suppose I’ll simply post my favorite of the side-kicks from each individual production…

Toy Story - Slinky
A Bug’s Life - Dot
Toy Story 2 - Bulls-eye
Monsters, Inc. - Smitty
Finding Nemo - Gurgle
The Incredibles - Mirage
Cars - Guido
Ratatouille - Uncertain.
WALL•E - M-O
Up - Uncertain. Russell, perhaps?

It’s a bit difficult to judge what Pixar characters would be considered side-kicks and which ones wouldn’t. I guess Dot and Russell aren’t exactly classified as main characters, but I’m not sure. Like I said, it’s hard to guess.

– Mitch

I’ll do the favorite sidekick-by each film list also. :laughing:

Toy Story- Mr. Potatoe head. No doubt. Ham would be a storng second though.
A Bug’s life- Heimlech. The Lady bug guy would also be a strong second though also. :unamused: :laughing:
Toy Story 2- Excluding the origanal Toy Story gang probably Jessie.
Monsters inc- Boo
Finding Nemo- Ooh. That’s a tough one.
The Incredibles- Ed-na mode :laughing:
Cars- LUIGI, Eh!
Ratatouille- Another tough one.
WALL-E- M-O, or the captain.
Up- Haven’t seen it! ;-o

Well, here is mine.

Toy Story: Slinky and Hamm
A Bug’s LIfe: Manny, Gypsy, Tuck, and Roll
Toy Story 2: Bullseye
Monsters Inc.: Boo
Finding Nemo: Squirt, Crush, Gill, Bruce
The Incredibles: Edna, Mirage
Cars: The Delienquents, Luigi, Sarge
Rataouille: Horst, Emile, Ego
WALL-E: M-O

I thought I’d revive this one, since UP has since come out and I’m interested to see who everybody thinks the best sidekicks in that movie are.

Toy Story: Slinky
A Bug’s LIfe: Dot
Monsters Inc.: Boo
Finding Nemo: Gill
The Incredibles: Edna Mode
Cars: Luigi
Rataouille: Ego
WALL-E: M-O
Up: Dug

Well, now that Up has been released, I would believe Dug is my favorite sidekick. He is my favorite character of the whole movie.

Toy Story: Rex
A Bug’s Life: Dim
Monsters, Inc.: Mike Wazowski
Finding Nemo: Dory
The Incredibles: Lucius Best/Frozone
Cars: Guido
Ratatouille: Hmm,… if he counts, Linguini, otherwise, Git
Wall•E: M-O, seriously
Up: Well, considering it’s a battle between Dug and Kevin, Dug

A Bug’s Life: Heimlich (He blew me away!)
Toy Story 2: Rex (“I don’t like confrontations!” LOL!)
Monsters, Inc.: Mike Wazowski (Of course!)
The Incredibles: “Ed-na Mode” (“& guest” :stuck_out_tongue:)
Cars: Guido (less talk, more action :stuck_out_tongue:)
Ratatouille: Emile!
WALL•E: M-O
Up: Russell

:smiley:
It seems like I have things in common with ffdude1906, LOL.

A Bug’s Life: Heimlich (He blew me away!)
Toy Story 2: Rex (“I don’t like confrontations!” LOL!)
Monsters, Inc.: Mike Wazowski (Of course!)
The Incredibles: “Ed-na Mode” (“& guest” :stuck_out_tongue:)
Cars: Guido (less talk, more action :stuck_out_tongue:)
Ratatouille: Emile!
WALL•E: M-O
Up: Russell

:smiley:
It seems like I have things in common with ffdude1906, LOL.

A Bug’s Life: Heimlich
Monsters Inc: Mike Wazowski
The Incredibles: Mirage
Cars: Mater
Wall-E: M-O
Up: Kevin and Dug (I can’t choose between the two!)

Dug is my all-time favorite. When he’s first introduced in the movie, I just felt like reaching my arms out and holding him, he’s so adorable. Not to mention how hilarious he is.

/manly post

Wow TDIT! You love Rex too? Hurray! Rex fans UNITE! :stuck_out_tongue: Going off topic, again.

yeah…I love Rex and Mike Wazowski.

Not really. Rex is pretty awesome, so ‘jumpy’ and easily frightened. Quite possibly the most cowardly ‘dinosaur’ ever, but that’s why we love him. :laughing:

Again, he is a classic Pixar character, emphatic with a bit of pathos. The fact that [spoil]he keeps seeking affection and recognition from his human masters and dog colleagues[/spoil] is what makes him so endearing.

Now that Toy Story 3 and Cars 2 have been released, I thought it was time to revive this thread.

Toy Story: Slinky
A Bug’s Life: Dot
Toy Story 2: If Jessie is too major to be one, then Bullseye.
Monsters, Inc. : Boo!
Finding Nemo: Well, clearly, the most BA character in the entire film is the school of fish, played by the God of Pixar movies. Okay, okay. For a serious answer, Dori. I love Dori. 8D
The Incredibles: Quite obviously, the coolest and best side kick is Lucious Best/Frozone.
Cars: Mack.
Ratatouille: Collette!!! <3
Wall-E: M-O
Up: Dug, or Russell.
Toy Story 3: Chuckles!!!
Cars 2: Lightning McQueen. :sunglasses: 8D

Frozone is my favorite. He totally rocks. I would say he’s cool ,but that would sound cheezy.