Production Babies

What are these? They seem to be in the credits of every Pixar film… even Toy Story! Any explanations?

I’m pretty sure the children born( who are born to anybody working on the film) during production,

Yup.

I never really understood why they were there, as I’ve never seen anyone else mention the ‘production babies’. I guess its just supposed to be a little shoutout to them

Yes, that’s what the production babies are. Kids born to people who worked on the film during the production.

One thing I don’t understand though, is that they don’t list the names of the people in the orchestra that records the music. They should be added, since they are an important part of the production. If you think about it, on live action films, they have to credit the people who provide the clothes for the actors, because they are an important part of the production and they have to credit everyone.

One of the reasons I have heard argued, is that if they add the orchestra members in, then it costs money because it uses up film. Then why do they include production babies? Does that not use up film? I think that the credits should be used first and foremost for those who actually had a part in the production, because without them there would be no film. (Or film music, or without costumes, there would be all naked actors). Then, if the budget allows, they can add all of the production babies’ names in.

• C-3PO

I always like reading these! It’s cool to see some of those names!

Someone should probably start looking for Ellie in one of the earlier Pixar films! :smiley:

I saw Eve in one of em. Might of been the WALL-E credits that Eve was in…?

C3-PO - you’ve hit the nail right on the dot. Why is Pixar crediting people (babies in this case) that haven’t added really any value to the movie? Yeah, I know, it’s babies of our favourite Pixarians, and it has a pretty nice trivial value to it, but it’s a waste of credit space that can go to more deserving people, like orchestrarians.

I think some babies inspired names of Pixar’s characters. I’ve seen Eve and Violet in some credits. So, yea.