Ideas for future Pixar actors

I’ve just got this wild idea, and I would really like to see it come to fruition - Sacha Baron Cohen. He can completely immerse himself into a character, and is an unbelivable comic actor. He’s like the modern-day Peter Sellers. Now, I am a fan of him personally, but not his trademark characters. He’s retired all three, anyway, but we all know he’ll come up with something new.

It’s not like he’s new to animation voice-over, either. He played King Julien in Madagascar and Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa. I will always know him best as Signor Adolfo Pirelli in Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. Plus, he recently guest-starred on The Simpsons, playing Jakob, an angry Isreali tour guide - check out the episode’s article on Wikipedia:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Greate … r_D%27ohed

Are there any actors who you would like to see in a Pixar film?

Two off the top of my head: Jim Parsons from The Big Bang Theory, just because he’s so funny, and Laura Linney, because she strikes me as having a unique voice; warm, but with a bit of an edge - hard to explain, but I think she’d be good.

Nancy Cartwright from The Simpsons? Or maybe even Robert Pattinson from Twilight? Please don’t hurt me for saying that last one!

Nicholas Cage. Has anyone noticed that all the good actors are getting old, and all the bad ones are getting surgery? Just saying…

I’ll be a butt, and say it doesn’t matter. Pixar chooses their voice actors based on how well they fit the characters, and it’d be terrible if they started fitting actors to characters instead of characters to actors.

I’d say Steve Buscemi, but he’s already been in one, so that’s my wish fulfilled. :laughing:

Aside from that, I have to agree with Fett101. If I’m honest, most of the actors that voice characters in Pixar films are unknown to me before I watch the film, and tend to still be unknown to me afterwards. It’s not a bad thing at all, as their voices almost always match the characters they play perfectly, but because of that I really couldn’t say “I’d like so-and-so to be in a Pixar film” because then a character would have to be made around them and that never works quite as well.

That’s why a lot of DreamWorks Animation films fail; all those big name actors leave you with nothing to show for it.

Michael York, my favorite actor of all time, might be interesting to see. With Jonathan Harris dead, he might be a good Manny voice. Or maybe a British character…or something. Lots of nods to Logan’s Run and the Musketeer saga =P

Hmmm. James Earl Jones would be pretty cool to see, but I wonder what kind of Pixar character would have a big, deep booming voice :confused: ?

I think Steve Carell is really good when it comes to comedic timing, and like karly05 said, Jim Parsons.

Ned Beatty? Wait, he does Lotso, wish almost granted.

William Daniels. His unique voice is so suitable for any animations. I want him to do voice-over works so bad…

Oh, if he still didn’t ring a bell, he did voice for K.I.T.T (Knight Rider), and he is teacher-cum-mentor Mr. George Feeny in Boy Meets World back in the 90s.

Tom Kenny or Billy West. They can do so many voices for so many personalities…

William Daniels would be good - he will always make me think “John Adams”, the role he played in the Broadway and film versions of the musical 1776.

Michael York actually did a guest voice on Handy Manny, the cartoon series on Disney Channel - he plays an archaeologist. I think the episode is called “The Big Dig”.

Oh, really? I can actually see him doing an archaeologist XD .

Both really talented men, I’d love to see them do some work at Pixar.

The first name that came to my mind…Stephen Colbert.
He is so talented and hilarious. He is capable of so much more than the President in Monsters vs. Aliens. Imagine the wonders he could do voicing a Pixar character…

After rewatching The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, I’d have to go with singer/musician/actor Tom Waits. He was absolutley perfect in the role of Mr. Nick in that film.

He writes songs for The Angels, and sings them with the voice of Beelzebub; Waits has a distinctive voice, described by critic Daniel Durchholz as sounding “like it was soaked in a vat of bourbon, left hanging in the smokehouse for a few months, and then taken outside and run over with a car.”

After seeing him as Mr. Nick, I can’t help but think he’d be astounding in a Pixar film.

I think Ellen Page would be good. She’s a good actress and she did a
voice-over of a character in an episode of The Simpsons, playing Alaska Nebraska (I think it’s supposed to be a parody of Hannah Montana). I love her sarcasm and humour in Juno. She’s supposed to be really good in Inception.

ZacB: I saw Juno last night, and I agree. I’d love to see her play an animated character.

I’d also like to see Liam Neeson. He did a good job voiceing John Paul Jones on the show Liberty’s Kids. I’d like to see him do more voice-over work!

If they ever need a narrator, then they should so use Morgan Freeman, that’d be awesome!

1. Halle Berry
  2. Sandra Bullock
  3. James Earl Jones
  4. Forrest Whitaker
  5. Blair Underwood
  6. Meryl Streep
  7. Peter Cullen
  8. Jennifer Hudson
  9. Chris Tucker, anybody? LOL

EDIT: I would also like to see Robin Williams and Frank Welker in a Pixar film.

I second this. Morgan Freeman’s voice is brilliant. Wait… if Newt begins again, Morgan could narrate it, but I’m only dreaming here.