Commentaries

This is not a “What’s your favorite” deal, though you could specify that. Why are Up, Cars, Ratatouille, Finding Nemo, and possibly some DVDs I do not have, void of any commentary?? I really wanted to hear Mr. Lasseter talk about Cars, and was very disappointed. Ideas, thoughts?? I’m really troubled by this.

Up and Finding Nemo did have DVD commentaries (Finding Nemo is especially notable cause it had a Visual Commentary where the movie switches over to behind the scenes stuff every so often). Most Pixar DVDs always had a commentary, but ever since Blu-Ray came out Disney started making it so you had to get the film on Blu-Ray for all the really good stuff and left a lot of things out of the DVD releases, which is their way of getting people to switch to the newest media. That is why the Cars DVD was so lacking of features when it came out (and I was disappointed over it not having a commentary as well). John Lasseter did record a commentary for Cars, but it’s only on Blu-Ray. It’s also the same with Brad Bird’s commentary for Ratatouille, but Wall-E and Up commentaries have been on both Blu-Ray and DVD.

Oh. Well my Up and Finding Nemo DVDs don’t have them. Maybe they’re weird editions

Well the Finding Nemo DVD was a 2-Disc Collector’s Edition and the one I have for Up was a Deluxe Edition with a Digital Copy of the film. If yours don’t have the commentaries included that could be the reason.

Yeah, I have a 1-disc Up with NO features, and Nemo is a Collector’s, so maybe I’ll look again. Thanks, Flik-E!! :smiley:

No problem. For Finding Nemo I would recommend looking through the DVD Guide booklet that came with it if you still have it, cause Disney always gives them a page for navigating through the DVD menus which is very helpful and easy to understand.

Yeah, I think that’s still in the case, and I’m going to check after we watch Wall-E :slight_smile:

I watched the WALL-E commentery with Andrew Stanton. I liked it, I should rewatch it though.

I thoroughly enjoy all Pixar commentaries. One of my favorites, if I remember correctly, was Finding Nemo.

I enjoyed some of the commentaries the DVD’s had.

Pixar’s commentaries are awesome! The Ratatouille one is my favorite, with The Incredibles commentary coming second in my opinion.

I was wondering the same thing. Thanks for the explanation, Flik-E :smiley: ! I really wanted to hear the Ratatouille commentary; but that DVD is sorely lacking in bonus features, in my opinion. We have Blu-Rays for a several Pixar films, but Ratatouille is one we haven’t been able to get. But once we do, I’ll deffinatly be watching that commentary :slight_smile: .

Cars and Ratatouille don’t have commentaries on their DVD editions sadly, only on Blu-Ray. Finding Nemo does however have the “Visual Commentary” with behind-the-scenes footage.

The Rataouille blu-ray is definitely worth getting.

Oh gosh, I finally just got to experience the amazingness of Ratatouille on Blu-ray for the first time the other night. We’ve had the Blu-ray for quite some time, but never a working player and even then, when I’d put it in I only just watched the movie. I put on Cine-explore my last viewing and it was incredible! I’ve also done that with Finding Nemo – after watching the Pixar films through quite a few times, playing them with Cine-explore is definitely the best way to get the full experience of the film.

Strangely enough, the commentary for The Incredibles is one of my favorites, despite the fact that it’s one of my least favorite Pixar movies! :laughing: I think part of it is that I just fricking love Brad Bird. Not only is he practically a genius, he has such a fresh way of looking at film and the sheer amount of vision he has is so wonderful to drink in. Not to mention, he’s suuuuper funny! xD So I can probably say that the commentaries for Ratatouille and The Incredibles are my favorites, but I also really enjoyed Finding Nemo’s as well as WALL-E’s! :slight_smile:

little chef

The Ratatouille Cine-Explore is so awesome, it’s hard to describe^^.

I am wondering what that is now.

I have not heard the commentaries on Up, Ratatouille, or either Cars movies. My favorite commentaries are, though, The Incredibles, Toy Story 3, and Wall-E. They provide some amazing insight, even to a film you don’t like that much. Personally, commentaries make me like a movie better because I know why the movie is how it is.

I swear my Up DVD doesn’t have any commentary option! It’s just the normal 1-disc version but there isn’t one. Which bummed me out. I’ve watched the commentaries on Toy Story, Toy Story 2, WALL-E, Ratatouille and possibly Cars and I enjoy them quite a lot, actually.

I agree with you!

I always enjoyed the commentaries on the Pixar films. Kind of gives us good insights on the films from people at Pixar’s perspectives.