Pixar News Australia website

If you are an Australian on here and you haven’t come across this website yet, then I’m here to tell you that there is a new Pixar news website for Australians! It’s like the Pixar Blog, Pixar Talk and Upcoming Pixar, but things like how well Toy Story 3 is doing at the box office is all to do with how well it’s doing at the Australian box office. This website started up in June, but I just came across it today. Here’s the link: [url]http://pixaraustralia.blogspot.com/[/url]

What do you fellow Australians think? I think it’s great, I’m so happy it has been made. :smiley:

what the…? for some reason my first post on here doesn’t say anything when I typed a heap of stuff!
But anyway, for you Aussies, there is a new Pixar website that is like Pixar Talk, Upcoming Pixar and The Pixar Blog, but it’s mainly for Australia.
Here’s the link: [url]http://pixaraustralia.blogspot.com/[/url]

nathan, apparently I can see your first post, so you have in fact double-posted. :wink: But no worries!

Anyway, beyond the Australian box-office figures, I struggle to see what is so innately ‘Australian’ about this blog. Not trying to be a wet blanket here (I live in Sydney, after all), but how is this different from me setting up a blog in America and calling it ‘Pixar News America’ or in Singapore and calling it ‘Pixar News Singapore’ or something?

Again, the Australian box-office figures are the only distinguishing factor. Now, if the blog was written in 'Strine or Aussie colloquialism, then maybe we can have a little ‘true blue’, ‘dinky die’, ‘ridgey didge’ flavour in there. Or, if there was a branch in Australia (like Pixar Canada), then maybe we can have a Pixar News Australia for that branch.

The way I see it, the only legit blog we can make is ‘Pixar New Canada’, which would report on news from the ‘Other Emeryville’ in Yukonland.

Once again, not trying to be negative. Just questioning what’s the point of dressin’ a bald eagle in a jackaroo cork hat there, mate. :wink:

'Merica!

Sorry. I just had to let that out.

I don’t get what you’re trying to reference, EJE?

I suppose it’s something which you’d understand… in America!

Nobody knows what i’m referencing. And I love that video. So patriotic. “You’re not even wearing a flag on your head” XD

Would you like to enlighten us?

And that video is a ‘Best of’ selection of the ever-patriotic Bandit Keith, from the hilarious ‘Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series’ by LittleKuriboh. All my classmates were nuts about YGO and sometimes I felt left out in conversations because I wasn’t into that fandom. But watching it now, being lampooned by a voice dubber makes it all the more funnier. :slight_smile:

Just in my school kids would say 'Merica in a deep voice. It’s pretty funny inside joke. I say it around anything patriotic.