Is there one that you love less?

Well, do you have a Pixar film that isn’t up to par to the rest?

• Yes
  • No, you’re crazy!! They’re all perfect, spotless peices of art!!
  • Well, yes, but not by much.
  • Not enough choices

0 voters

This thread is not to attack or lessen any of the movies, and I want everyone to know that right off the bat. If you wish to hate talk a movie, PM me.

Anyway, pretty self explanatory. Everyone has a least favorite, but is there a distinct reason?

For me it’s Finding Nemo, because as pretty as it was, it was never special to me like…other Pixar films. After a re-viewing, I love it much more than I would have ever forseen, but it’s still…less.

Yeah, I love The Incredibles, but for some reason I don’t like it as much as the other Pixar movies. It might be because I see it too much, I don’t know. But it’s still such a great movie. :slight_smile:

Cars. I don’t really connect with the characters and I find it a little dull. Also, it’s not as funny as the other movies.

My more unusual choice would be Nemo. I just don’t like it as much for some reason…

Interesting…the funny thing is, I could have guessed those answers from you two! :laughing:

I can sort of understand those answers. Those are two of my favorites, but everybody can’t like all of them. I’m just glad you guys posted answers I can understand instead of, “It’s dumb” or, “I hate that movie because it’s not cool”.

I also don’t care for Toy Story 3 as much, and it’s simply bizarre that to all the non-TS people, it’s the best. I like all of them though, just in varying gradients. My theory is that TS3 will be much better the second time, becaus eI’ll have lower expectations. Besides, that was a lot of pressure for Lee, with the first two being practically perfect in every way.

I didn’t like WALL-E or Up as much as the other Pixar Films. I don’t know why. Maybe I found it boring, or maybe it didn’t really impact me as much as others. It still was an excellent movie, but I didn’t like it as much as others.

Ah, I think I realized the main reason why I’m not into Finding Nemo as much. I may have posted this before, but I feel that a lot of the movie is very spontaneous. It sorta feels like a lot of stuff happens just to happen. Like the shark encounter, and the jellyfish. They don’t really affect the story besides just for the purpose of saying “yeah, we went on a big adventure” and maybe for a little bit of Marlin’s development. But there’s a lot of scenes in Nemo that just happen, and there’s not really a payback for them later on.

I totally adore all the Pixar films but I dont think that Cars was as good as the rest of them. :slight_smile:

I love Cars, but I can see a list of reasons for you to say that.

Bryko: I agree. FN is very…random. The whole middle was just a bunch of fluff, to me. That, and I always wanted more emotion from the end, with the beginning being so gut-wrenching.

To quote Animal Farm: “All animals are equal…but some are more equal than others.”

Translation: I voted that all Pixar films are perfect, spotless, pieces of art, but I consider some as more perfect than others. Does that make sense?

My least favorite is the Incredibles. I don’t want to upset all of the Incredibles fans here, because you’re all so awesome! But I just never really got into that movie. I still like it of course, just not as much as the rest.

My least favorite is A Bug’s Life. Nuff said.

My least favourite is Ratatouille. I know it’s technically a good movie, but I don’t enjoy it because I really don’t like the character of Remy, and when you dislike a main character it does sort of taint the rest of the movie. I also find it a little slow at parts, and though it’s a beautiful film, the story doesn’t really capture me.

Chuckles, that makes perfect sense(I love that book/movie!!). And I agree. I think all their movies are fantastic, but some of them are…less so.

LG, I have that problem with Finding Nemo. Marlin is the main character, but the brattiness of Nemo kills me. I love Ratatouille, but that makes sense to me. What is it about Remy that turns you off? I hate to be nosey, but I like to see these things through others’ eyes.

Hmm. For me it would probably be either Cars or Toy Story. I love them both, just not as much as I love the others :slight_smile: Odd considering Toy Story 3 is in my top 3, and I’m really excited for Cars 2.

And I love your analogy Chuckles. That’s basically how I feel.

A Bugs Life. It was…well, it just felt that it didn’t have the charm of Toy Story, but not the great, epic storytelling of the later films, either. It seemed rather average. Not bad, but average. Nothing really spectacular. I just found it forgettable.

I do respectfully disagree about Finding Nemo. Maybe its nostalgia, but growing up with a protective father whom I fought with often but still loved, I related to the characters much more than, say, The Incredibles, which was a great movie…I just didn’t relate as much. My dad never had a mid-life crisis, and my relationship with my sisters was pretty darn good.

The Incredibles and Ratatouille.I’m not too fond of Helen Parr,and the characters kinda irrtated me…Ratatouille because well…IV you already know… :wink:
But I think all the Pixar movies are equally good…I Hate labels:"the worst this,the worst that"It’s [spoil]stupid[/spoil] I don’t sit a a theater to crtique things,I sit there to enjoy myself and take a lesson from the movie I’m watching…I always try to look for as much positive a possible…heh sorry for my rant… :stuck_out_tongue:

I didnt care much for Car because i didnt conect with the characters. i might be my fault but i remember after the first time i watched it, though it gave me the thrill of something good i was left staring at the credits and just feeling unsatisfied with it. Eh to me it was for the kids and that kind of made me a little upset YD yes i act like a child in that i was jelous of my brothers for having this movie to themselves. YD and boys period because i felt that i could never really love a car. YD ya i think that its just me with the problem and not the movie ^^’

Good point you made there. I don’t start nitpicking or critiquing while I’m watching the movie. Rather, i wait until after the movie is done before I say my thoughts. But I agree that All Pixar movies are good. There has yet to be a flp from Pixar. It’s just a matter of personal preference.

Unfortunately for me, it has to be Cars. I still love it lots and would take it over just about any Dreamworks movie, but there are some flaws that prevent it from being “Pixar Perfect” in my eyes.

I don’t have any problems with the characters themselves besides the fact that I think they needed their personalities fleshed-out a bit more. Finding Nemo had slightly one-note characters, yet they somehow were more… likable and caring, to me. The crude humour is also a bit of a road block for me, it seemed sort of unusual for Pixar or outright unnecessary at times. Some of it’s guilty pleasure, though. “He did WHAT in his cup?!” :laughing:

I also don’t think the story is quite as entertaining as some of the other Pixar movies. I’m not one of those people that believe all stories need to be grand and epic to be good, but the movie is actually sort of boring in a few spots. Though it manages to pick itself up usually pretty quickly.

It’s still a fun watch, at least a good popcorn movie, and has Pixar charm and spirit - but if they had only fixed up a few things or omitted some parts, I would say it’s on-level with the rest.

My least favorites are Ratatoiulle and A Bug’s Life.