The most under-appreciated Pixar film

Which Pixar film takes the most undeserved hating?

• One of the Toy Story movies(please comment)
  • A Bug’s Life
  • Monsters, Inc.
  • Finding Nemo
  • The Incredibles
  • Cars
  • Ratatouille
  • Wall-E
  • Up
  • Eh, they deserve what they get.
  • What are you talking about?

0 voters

Well, this is for the Pixar film that we think is the most overly disliked and trashed. I want to see what the general consensus is, which is why this is a poll. You can refer to here on PP or real life, because there seems to be a lot of hate either way.

no comment :stuck_out_tongue:

I know that you mean Cars, XcarluverX. It does take a lot of heat, especially since it’s one of the better ones, by my standards.

Hmmmm hates a strong word, I don’t think people generally hate this or that movie from what i’ve seen, they just don’t like them as much as others so i’m not going to vote :slight_smile:

I’d say A Bug’s Life. Maybe it’s not so much hated, but just totally ignored most of the time.

^ I would agree with that. Should I edit my title?

‘I would’

as Arnie says in T2

Okay. Most…under appreciated Pixar film?

Yeah, I very rarely feel any hatred for any Pixar films, either in real life or on these forums. It’s obvious that both A Bug’s Life and Cars are the most under-appreciated films out of Pixar’s collection, but I personally voted for A Bug’s Life as Cars seems to have plenty of fans to contrast those who don’t like the film as much, whilst A Bug’s Life fans are few and far between.

I voted Cars, but now that I think about, A Bug’s Life is probably the most underrated. I never really think about ABL, but I blame that on the parental units, since they showed us all the others and not ABL for some reason.

I think A bug’s lfe is easily the least appreciated. It is rarely shown on television,barely promoted with other Pixar film trailers,and outside of here and my family,barely any one I know talks about it. Cars got more attention,and I think it’s Pixar worst,but I still like it.

For me Cars seemed like an obvious fit, but as I began to think, I realized that a lot of people really like Cars. In fact, among kids Cars is probably the most favorite of the Pixar movies. So I put Wall-E, because although it has tons of devoted fans (including myself), many people including the target-audience…kids, seem to hate it just becasue it was a romance, or becasue there was little dialogue. It’s the same kid-logic I’ve seen throughout my life. Plop in a movie with lots of explosions and fart jokes (no matter how bad) and they’ll love it, but if the movie has a single scene they might think is boring, even if it’s the greatest movie ever made, they’ll find it disgusting. That’s why I voted for Wall-E and not Cars.

A Bug’s Life, most defintely. That movie is hilarious and has a fantastic story, but people seem to forget about it a lot.

Cars and A Bug’s Life are Pixar’s two most underrated films. Both are great movies done by Pixar. It’s just that there are some movies that others like more than others.

Hmm… I would either have to go with Bug’s Life, or (surprise, surprise!) Cars. The reason why I said Cars is, while it is massively loved by almost all little kids, it is still woefully under-appreciated when it comes to a more mature and older audience. I guess they just have a harder time cutting through the relatively cheesy jokes to get to the real beauty of the film. The fact that Cars is frequently labeled as Pixar’s “worst film” by many a critic alike attests that.

I can’t choose between Cars and A Bug’s Life. ABL has few fans, but no one hates it. For Cars, it has a good size fan base, but a lot of people(I’d say most) like it least, which is sad.

I don’t think Cars is very underrated. I love it. I was talking to my friend about pixar movies and he said, totally out of the blue, “Cars was the bomb!”
I’m pretty sure it has a big fanbase out there who love it and others who don’t just like every pixar movie.

What I’m trying to say is, For every person in the world, they like at least one pixar movie. Who can’t? (Armond White doesn’t count.) They are all masterpieces. So really, not one movie is the most under appreciated. Some could say that Toy Story 3 is the most under appreciated since it just (relatively) came out and therefore not many people can see it yet. It can go any way. And thats my other 1/2 Cent. 8D

I wish that was true. I knew a bunch of Disney Princess/Disney fanatics from another site, who hated Pixar movies just on the basis that they were CGI. :confused:

well, I pretty sure that they would like the film if it was say, live action, or traditional Animation. Hating a film just cause it’s CGI is wrong. If those people like Avatar, then they are oxymoronic.

(Like your avatar and sig by the way)

Pizza Planet Truck:

Ha, thanks, I’m glad that you like them! I was just thinking that about your sig, I heart EVE!

And I agree with you, those fans actually annoyed me. They were just too much into traditional animation to the point where they refused to give any other films a chance.

And actually you’re right about them being oxymoronic, because Beauty and the Beast used computers for a lot of their scenes.