Pixar parodies in Cartoon Network's MAD

So I just discovered this new show from the Cartoon Network channel called MAD, based on the magazine and a more kid-friendly version of MadTV. They spoof pop-culture in general, with an emphasis on family TV shows and movies. Naturally, Pixar is a strong candidate for films ripe for the parodying. :smiley:

Episode 2: ā€œTrans-Bore-Mores, Groan Warsā€
There are three Pixar cameos in the Trans-Bore-More segment alone (00:17 onwards). Can you spot them all? :slight_smile:

Episode 3: ā€œ2012 Dalmatians, Greyā€™s in Animeā€
There is a cameo by a Pixar character in the 2012 Dalmatians parody (00:17 onwards) and one Pixar movie (5:37) even gets a mock ad of its own!

Episode 4: ā€œStar Blecch, uGleeā€
There is a ā€˜rejected charactersā€™ segment from a Pixar movie at 5:10. I believe Iā€™ve seen the print version in the magazine, and it was more vulgar. :stuck_out_tongue:

Donā€™t worry, the jokes are not mean-spirited (unlike a certain College Humour video I despise :unamused:). I canā€™t wait for the latest episode, itā€™s called [spoil]ā€œWall-E-Nator, Extreme Renovation: House Edition - Supermanā€™s Fortress of Solitudeā€[/spoil]. Iā€™m glad Iā€™m not the only one who saw a mash-up between these two movies! :wink:

1)[spoil]Mater,Remy,and WALL-E[/spoil]
2)[spoil]Carl Fredricksen,and the movie was UP[/spoil]
3)[spoil]Toy Story 3[/spoil]

Ugh,why does ***** have to be on everything!!! :confused:

Spanish Buzz voice QuiƩn es " ***** ", por favor?

[spoil]Mater[/spoil]

These parodies are way better than that horrible Up Simpsons spoof someone posted on another thread.

^I totally agree with S&R. That still has me fuming. At least these are funnyā€¦ :unamused:

LOL, those were great!! Finally, actually funny parodies/cameos that arenā€™t mean-spirited. Thatā€™s how it should be done.

Tinkerbell in the last one had me laughing, too. ā€œIf we clap real hard, you think sheā€™ll come back to life?!ā€

I was randomly flipping channels one day when I heard the Married Life theme from Up! Iā€™m pretty sure it was the Up spoof from The Simpsons you mentioned Snake&Robot. It kinda made me madā€¦

I did find the Tinkerbell skit a tad offensive, but the Bambi one did make a good point (Iā€™m not a huge fan of the ā€˜Disney Vaultā€™)! And for the Pixar spoofs, yeah, i agree with you, they were just harmless cameos all in good fun! :slight_smile:

Has anyone seen the Wall-E-Nator episode yet? Itā€™s probably aired by now.

And whatā€™s this whole bizzness about the Up spoof on The Simpsons? Iā€™m very curious to find out what the fuss is about, because usually they arenā€™t very mean-spirited when spoofing pop-culture (unlike Seth McFarlane shows).

From what i ve heard, they killed Carl in a parody of ā€œMarried lifeā€ .

Not only did the kill Carl, they killed Carl and Ellie via machine gun. Then they took the ghosts and vacuumed them up and burned the vacuum bag.

Really??I dont see how that its funnyā€¦, its not even a very cruel joke, its not even a joke.

I didnā€™t think it was funny. I think it was particularly gruesome actually.

These MAD parodies are actually really subtle.

Please post Wall-E-nator when it airs :-D)[/i]

@ Everyone complaining about the Itchy & Scratchy thing: Itā€™s Itchy & Scratchy, itā€™s supposed to be stupidly violent. Plus, technically it wasnā€™t Carl and Ellie who died, so I donā€™t care at all.

Wall-E-nator has aired but is not on YouTube yet, Iā€™ve checked several times.

This is one of my new favorite shows :smiley:

Wow, three Pixar references in the first two minutes? Iā€™m impressed! Iā€™m going to watch all the others later tonight when I have more time!

The Simpsons spoof sounds pretty morbid. Iā€™m still pretty curious to see how offensive it really is, but I suppose you can see it in Brykoā€™s point of view in that it is not actually Carl and Ellie being depicted, but rather Itchy and Scratchy (although the fact that they are stand-ins for C&E is pretty below-the-belt even by I&S standards). Again, I would like to see it in its context.

I like Carl being referred to as a ā€œ[spoil]prehistoric fossil[/spoil]ā€ in the 2012 Dalmations parody. Itā€™s a hilarious example of a p***-take joke that is cute without being insulting.

I like these parodies, but Itchy/Scratchy or not, Iā€™ll never watch The Simpsons again.