Predict Future films

What do you think pixar is going to make in the future or dreamworks or whatever,

I think and hope that pixar will make Incredibles 2 :smiley:

I agree. Completely. :-D)

I predict that someday Disney will make an Egyptian themed movie. They already planned to make Aida and then Antonius. Both had Egyptian themes, but were shelved.

I’m sure one day they’ll finally do that!

I think pixar is going to make a movie about a rock star

That would be cool :smiley:

I love how unpredictable some of the Pixar movie concepts are…I mean, who could’ve saw Up coming? That’s another reason why I can’t wait for their future original projects.

I certainly didn’t see Up coming!

And I agree, especially about what the next original film by Docter will be.

I really wish they would plan some originals. There was only one PIXAR sequel I would have ever expected/desired, and it’s the only one they’ll never make, save for maybe ABL and Wall-E. :frowning: But anyway, I wish they would stop the sequel overload. :confused:

That could be really good! I can see a lot of ways they could pull off the emotional struggles of reaching that position of power and fame.

I remember The Pixar Blog revealing Pete Docter was planning a new original film for Pixar but it was far too early to give details. Meaning we might see it around 2014?

an upcoming christmas-themed feature film from Pixar called “Operation C.H.R.I.S.T.M.A.S.”

released on Christmas 2014

Directed by Andrew Stanton (the director of WALL-E)

David Ogden Stiers as Santa Claus
Kristen Wiig as Mrs. Claus
and other actors

the story is about Santa Claus (voiced by David Ogden Stiers) having ultra high-tech gadgets and gizmos and huge spaceship sleigh for deliver presents to children at christmas, in the film, there was take over of North Pole by Charles the Elf Boss and santa claus escapes and have to defeat charles, he sneaks into a spaceship se a tranporter beams in charles’ bedroom, santa claus get back to control of North Pole and Save Christmas.

go to go to youtube.com/watch?v=_vaF4i1nkwQ

Um… I’m pretty sure that’s a film being released this year by a different studio actually. :laughing:

It would be fun if Pixar made a Christmas-themed movie someday, though.

Anyways… Cars 3? (runs and hides from the backdraft she’s going to get for even suggesting that.)

I would love to see Disney do adaptations based on some works by Terry Pratchett. It would be cool to see Mort or Discworld for 2014. If not, then I hope they bring back The Snowqueen. From what I herd, the Snowqueen is put on “hold” by Disney. The Snowqueen has been a project by Disney that has been on and off at the studios. I know they can’t release one of them for 2013 since that year will most likely be King of the Elves.

Pixar should totally do a film about ghosts, and I don’t mean a horror-themed story, just taking that premise and going anywhere with it. It would be incredible.

Also, [size=85]Cars 3[/size]. I don’t even really obsess over Cars, I just think it’d be nice to have a simultaneous ‘fun’ series of Pixar films along their more serious ones.
(Goes to hide with Netbug from the raging fans)

Ghosts would be awesome! It could really cover loneliness and themes like that. Or maybe in thinking too much of Casper :stuck_out_tongue:

I predict a movie set in Canada.

Here’s one idea I’ve had for a future Pixar film floating in my head already. (mainly due to my MU kick as of lately…)

Monsters Reunion

WARNING: Description is long. Proceed with caution if you have not yet seen MU. All ideas here are credit of JustSoWall-eCrazy ONLY, and in no way official Pixar material.

[spoiler]Now that the monster world has switched to laugh energy (and humans aren’t harmful), the news has caught the attention of one legendary scarer in particular: Abigail Hardscrabble. Surprised at this discovery, she organizes a reunion at the university, and despite expelling them, has invited Mike and Sulley to give an inspiring speech on their epiphany, and even the girl who made it all possible, Boo, to be given a special honor. She (Hardscrabble) contacts the CDA and makes the arrangements for a human to enter without being hunted and tracked, but Roz tells that Boo’s door has been shredded, only to find out after a long time that Mike and Sulley have put in back together, and so the reunion is on.

Characters from both University and Incorporated will be there, from Celia and Fungus to Johnny, Claire, and Oozma Kappa (with possible exemption of Waternoose). Mike and Sulley greet all their old friends (OK will have a major supporting role in the story), and also see that many of their former classmates have changed; some for better, some for worse. One of these changes will be that Johnny has lost his scaring potential, and in the wake of laugh energy, he is out of a job. Also, Boo is there, possibly older (older that preschool, but younger than 13). Then comes the speech…

Sulley steps up to the stage in the former School of Scaring, with Mike, Roz, Hardscrabble, and Boo by his side (Celia sits with Oozma Kappa). As he is giving the speech, strange things start to happen, including noises coming from nowhere, and tranquilizing darts flying from the buttresses supporting the dome, all targeted at Sullivan himself. Everyone is scared, even Hardscrabble herself, but Boo is not, and has a gut feeling that whatever’s hunting Sulley is not a ghost.

As you may have guessed, Randall has returned to the monster world, scarred from the shovel hit on his head, but still as agile and strong. Sulley runs to the door lab, where Randall catches up with him and attempt to strangle the blue monster again, yelling “I HATE YOU SO MUCH SULLIVAN!!!”, until Sulley asks a simple question: “Why, Randall? Why do you hate me?” Mike arrives at the scene just in time. Here’s the conversation I imagined:

RANDALL: You stole everything from me Sullivan!!! You think that your family name is the easy way to the top. You never care about anyone below you! You stole my friends! Because of what you did to me many years ago, I vowed to never lose to your again, and win fair and square not because of my name, but because of my potential and work!!!

SULLEY: How, I don’t understand–

RANDALL: You cheated in the final round of the Scare Games!

SULLEY: I know, I was wrong, I–

RANDALL: Your roar shook my simulator and disturbed my focus. Because of that, my friends disowned me and I was the school joke for getting covered in an embarrassing heart-print! I know that you did that completely on purpose, Sullivan!

SULLEY is in shock.

SULLEY: Randall, that’s not how I cheated–

RANDALL: Then why did the referees and hosts tell Johnny that ROR won by default and that OK was disqualified?!!

SULLEY: I… I knew Mike wasn’t scary, and I switched his settings to get a perfect score! I apologized to Dean Hardscrabble later, and that’s when Mike ran into the door lab and I had to go save his life.

RANDALL: And that’s not all! You also crashed into me as I was trying to impress some of the girls with my cupcakes at this one party, and you ran right through me with that stupid pig! You even stole my first friend!

SULLEY: Mike?

At that moment, Mike enters, having overheard.

MIKE: But Randall, all you talked about was being “cool”, and–

RANDALL: All you wanted to do was study and not even build a friendship!!!

MIKE (remembering):But… you did help me study.

RANDALL: And that’s all you used me for! I though you would appreciate me better if I became a someone!

MIKE: Then if I was truly your friend, why did you go along with that prank?!!

RANDALL (remembers the party): Because I–I (sobbing), I only wanted to prove to Johnny I was worth it!!!

Randall breaks down in tears, and everyone arrives in the door lab, only to find Sulley comforting him with a hug and possibly a kiss on his scarred head (no, I do NOT ship them as a romantic pairing, but as a friendship). Later there would be a big conflict that would force Mike, Sulley, and Randall to work together, and with the help of Boo. Possible ideas include Waternoose wanting revenge on Sulley, or even Boo’s parents turn out to be monster hunters and set foot on the monster world in order to find her (her closet door would be left open when she enters for the reunion).[/spoiler]

Hope you liked the idea! :smiley:

I actually do like this idea, especially with the fact that there was so much misunderstanding and lack of communication between the three of them-Mike, Randall and Sulley-from the start. The ONLY reason that Mike and Sulley got to become real friends is because they were forced into that soul-baring, put-your-cards-on-the-table conversation out at the lake in the Human World. Each one found out something about the other that created a connection. Had that not happened, Mike would have come to hate Sulley every bit as much as Randall did, for the exact same reason-“Monsters like you have everything. You don’t have to be good. You can mess up over and over again- and the whole world loves you. - You’ll never know what it’s like to fail because you were born a Sullivan.” Mike gets to find out the truth, though, and that was the game-changer right there. Randall doesn’t. He does not know that Sulley was scared of failing, that Sulley’s own father, the famous Bill Sullivan, had abandoned him as a child. And Sulley does not know that his actions in the Simulator caused Randall to fall, to fail, to be kicked out of ROR and humiliated, or that Randall is trying to fulfill a promise he made to HIMSELF, not to lose to someone he considers a privileged cheater. Sulley can’t figure out why Randall dislikes him, what he did to deserve that, while Randall thinks it should be obvious what he did. I think it would be rather profound to hear almost Mike’s exact words coming from someone else, and for Mike, too, to realize how his obsession with his studies had cost him a friend, and how much HE and Randall were alike in college, both outcasts, struggling against the majority viewpoint that they were no more than nerdy, dorky little losers.

pitbulllady

I posted this 5 years. I CERTAINLY did not imagine that his next film would be about emotions! These films are hard to predict.

Honestly, it’s really cool to see that someone actually predicted this years ago! Back when Cars 3 was first announced, I was not on board with it at all because I was tired of the sequel overload. But then that first teaser trailer came out, and I was hooked! I was so pleased with how they handled the film and it balanced silly and serious. I realize this isn’t a Cars 3 thread, so I won’t go into too much detail about that. :laughing:

Any other predictions for future films? I would personally love to see something that centers around space exploration or possibly aliens. I know we had bits of that in Toy Story and WALL-E, but a full-length film about astronauts/aliens would totally get my attention!

little chef

I’m new here, but for some reason, I found myself really intrigued by this thread. For ideas of future Pixar films, I would personally like to see a film based on desert animals, you know like coyotes, jackrabbits, tortoises, etc. Granted, they did do that in “Boundin’”, but wouldn’t it be awesome to see Pixar make a film about desert animals?