Pixar References in Movies/TV

So far we have

The Office - Holly’s Woody Doll,Michael saying he cries through Pixar Films.

MAD - Carshmallows,Wall-Enater, S’Up, Carl’s appearance in 2012 Dalmations, Rejected Toy Story 3 Characters, & The Pixar Characters in Transeboremors

American Dad! - Fictional Pixar clothes Film.

Ugly Americans - Comparing WALL-E to Stephen King.

CONAN - Tom Hanks talking about Pixar.

Spin City - one episode is called “Toy Story”

My Hero - Stanley quotes Buzz Lightyear

Big Bang Theory - A character says I haven’t cried this much since Toy Story 3, A character mentions Woody.

Big Time Rush - A character mentions toys coming to life.

There’s been a million on The Simpsons…Carl’s house and WALL-E were in two episodes, and I know there was a bit where Homer tried to cook by making a rat pull his hair.

If you watch The Legacy of Toy Story on the Toy Story DVD/Blu-Ray you’ll find some examples there.

Good idea of making a thread for all of them together S&R! It gets confusing when there’s a lot of different ones for each show.

The Office- During “Movie Night Theme Lunch”, Kevin brings “Ratatouille from Ratatouille

Conan had a reference a couple days ago. He had some kids singing parody Christmas songs and they were doing Deck the Halls and the line went:

“Tis the season to rent WALL-E”

There have been a few on the Colbert Report

Up” was featured on Stephen’s segment “Movies Destroying America”. “What kid wouldn’t want to play with a 78 Year old man action figure?”
He also plays with a WALL-E box
" I can play landfill all day!"
colbertnation.com/the-colber … ie-edition

In another segment Stephen pitches an idea for a CG-animated comedy about a detective cigarette called “Johnny Smokz and the Menthol Mysteries” He then says 'Call me PIXAR"
colbertnation.com/the-colber … itt-romney

Stephen tells his audience that we should all fear robots because they are souless and violent. He shows a clip from WALL-E. He says of WALL-E “That’s the most terrifying kind of robot. The kind that warms your heart.”
[url]The Colbert Report - Season 11 - TV Series | Comedy Central US

Links to the Big Bang Theory references-

youtube.com/watch?v=XwVDh2qz … re=related

youtube.com/watch?v=1O5SF4gIycA

The Home Improvement ones include Tim Allen playing with a 1995 Thinkway Buzz Lightyear with his onscreen niece.

youtube.com/watch?v=kF65QNhY … re=related at 1:57

An outtake where when Tim Allen flubs his lines, he starts reciting Buzz Lightyear toy phrases.

Another one is where Jonathan Taylor Thomas opens the door for Halloween Trick or Treaters and gives one candy to “the spaceman” and several to “the cute little lion”- the children were dressed as Buzz Lightyear and Simba respectively.

Santa Clause 2- real Santa fights with toy Santa. Real Santa says, “You are a toy!” and the toy Santa says “You are a strange little man”

-Omar

I like those Big Bang Theory references, that show is awesome!

I don’t like The Santa Claus movies, but I do like that Tim Allen/Buzz reference. Very clever!

Big Bang Theory- Penny compares Sheldon to Wall E

youtube.com/watch?v=lHKat6NoKAc

“You know people think you are this weird robot man who’s so annoying all the time and you totally are. But then it’s like that movie Wall-E at the end. You’re so full of love and you can save a plant and get fat people out of their floaty chairs.”

-Omar

Nice find Omar!

“That’s a fairly labored metaphor, but I appreciate the sentiment behind it” The Big Bang Theory is great.

There was a reference in the latest episode of the simpsons. Bart was beating up an action figure that looked like Buzz Lightyear and said, “Come to Life, Come to Life! I swear I won’t hurt you.” :slight_smile:

I saw that too.

Anybody see The Simpsons last night? The plot involved Bart creating a short film “Angry Dad”, which got nominated for a Golden Globe. At the red carpet, Lisa recognizes the “creative team from Mixar” (on segways, holding paddleballs and slinkys).

Lisa: “I’ve seen all of your movies, except Cars :laughing: , and I can’t believe my brother is in the same category as the digital membrants of my generation.”

John Lasseter: “So, that makes your brother the competition. Randy, tell her how we feel about that.”

The camera then reveals Randy Newman on piano singing “You’ve Got An Enemy”, followed by Luxo Jr. shining a light in Lisa’s face, Mr. “Carrot” Head with a beating stick, and Wall-e pulling out a gun. :mrgreen:

When Russel Brand is about to announce the winner for Best Animated Short Film, It shows Pete Doctor with award polish ready, only to be shocked when Angry Dad wins.

“Mixar” returns later in the episode when Angry Dad is nominated for an Oscar. Bart is about to accept the reward, but not without a “lengthy clip from each short” first. Mixar’s short is entitled “Condiments” which involves a group of condiments being alive when humans aren’t around 8D

Lots of good references in the episode. For those who want to watch it, here it is:
hulu.com/watch/215563/the-si … -the-movie

I literally am watching it right now! It’s fantastic. Any fan of Pixar, animation, or the film industry in general should watch that episode. Thank goodness for Hulu!

Judging by the number of references they’ve done, the writers on The Simpsons seem to have quite a bit of love for Pixar. Then again, it can be hard to tell sometimes with those kind of jokes if they’re being mean-spirited or just poking fun. Humor has a way of being very indirect with it’s audience cause you tend to think that it’s being directed right at you or the thing that they’re referencing, when it could be a personal thing among the creators for all we know.

But yeah, I remember these Pixar references on the show going all the way back to an episode where they had an exterminator’s van saying “A Bug’s Death”.

The Simpson’s jokes on Pixar bend more toward good fun than mean-spirited.

There’s an episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000 where they take control of the satellite at the end and Tom Servo tries to shout “To infinity and beyond!”. Crow reminds him that Disney will slap them will a lawsuit, though, so he changes it to “To infinity and some other places!”.

Technically, A113 isn’t exclusive to Pixar but:

^nice catches!