Lack of wrap-up?

One thing you can give Pixar a lot of credit for is making an attempt to wrap up their characters and plots by the end of the film. But there’s always the sparse exceptions where certain characters’ stories aren’t wrapped up as tightly as they could be, so what are some Pixar films that didn’t exactly do a great job of ending certain story points? For me (and this is an almost microscopic thing), but in The Incredibles, I would have liked a certain amount of insight as to what Frozone would have gotten into after Syndrome was defeated.

Hmm, I guess that leaves rooms for shorts and spinoffs though. And it’ll be almost impossible to wrap up everything. I want a Frozone short!

I guess the reason why Pixar doens’t wrap up with some of its characters is for the audence to imagine what happens afterwards.

Bump

I like Frozone, but I think it would of been uncessesary to show what he’s up to afterwards, the Parr family was the main attraction.

Yeah but Frozone! He and his wife get the funniest part of the movie! There could be a Frozone short about Honeys dinner, and like how it keeps getting ruined by catastrophic events, a bit like BURN-E in a way 8D

I never thought they left us hanging. They usually have epilogues. I mean, it would be awesome to knew more about Frozone. But maybe in a sequel…maybe…

I cant say I’ve felt that about too many films, especially with these epilogues. The Incredibles does have potential to carry the story further but I cant say I was left hanging about any of it. I was kinda left hanging with UP because there were a few unanswered questions like “Does Carl live in a blimp now?” and “If so, where does he keep it? You cant just park it somewhere” And what about all those dogs? (although I cant say I remember exactly what happened with the dogs, I havent seen the movie in a long time)

I believe that Carl is living in the Nursing Home now, it shows him there in the credits. And I think the dogs are there too has animals that cheer up the elderly.

Hmmm… come to think about it, there are some things left unsolved in Pixar’s movies:

Do Linguini and Colette get married? What about Skinner?

What happened to the other BnL Starliners, and how do animals get back to Earth?

What about Muntz’s dogs?

Will Gill and the Tank Gang get out of their bags? If so, how?

And the Underminer…what threat does he pose to Metroville, and are Supers now allowed again?

Well, there’s one thing to say regarding all of this: whatever gaps Pixar leaves is now the job of fanfiction writers! :smiley:

One thing I like about Pixar movies is their lack of wrap-up. It adds mystery.

How do you feel about the Ending Credits clips from Cars and TS3, since they serve as a wrap-up of sorts?

That is true! But there are many unanswered questions as well, like long term questions.

Do we really need to know every tiny detail of a film though? I know people (like myself) like to know every little thing about a film, but for the average viewer…it’s all for the imagination 8D

Tiny details can be overlooked, but if you’re dealing with a film with gaping plot holes (like Dune or Return of the Jedi), that’s a different story.

Oh yeah, but Pixar’s film’s don’t really have big gaping plotholes like those films do…well I don’t think so anyways :slight_smile:

definedancing: Yeah, you’re probably right; for Pixar, there may be little things that could be better explained, but that’s about it. In retrospect, comparing Pixar to Dune was probably not a good idea. :wink:

EJE: I just re-watched the CARS end credit sequence and I think that movie is a rare case of too much wrap-up.

:smiley: I like the Cars end credits though! I’m glad they’ve taken a clean slate of a story for Cars 2, rather than (seemingly) redoing the first film. :slight_smile:

Really I think it’s unnecessary to wrap up everything in a story as you can leave the rest to the viewers’ imaginations and maybe it’s better to focus on the main story and not get derailed by supporting characters. They add life and interest to the film, but don’t need to be completely finished with at the end of the movie as the audience might not concentrate on them as much.

I don’t think we needed anymore on Frozone in the film as the whole point was that it was “The Incredibles” and they, as a family, are the main feature of the film. Still as a character in a short he has potential (I quite like the idea above :stuck_out_tongue: )