What is Pixar's best movie?

Which Pixar movie is the best, most well made movie?

• Toy Story
  • A Bug’s Life
  • Toy Story 2
  • Monsters, Inc.
  • Finding Nemo
  • The Incredibles
  • Cars
  • Ratatouille
  • Wall-E
  • Up
  • Toy Story 3

0 voters

Okay, which one is it? Not the defining one, and not necessarily your favorite. Which one do you think is the lord of Pixar? I believe it’s Wall-E. What do you guys think?

I think I’ll say Up. Not because it’s my favorite, but it’s seriously a gorgeous film, both with story and animation.

That’s a neat idea, and I see why you say that. I think for me Up is 2. Because Up is a very personal film. Either you connect with it, or you don’t. Wall-E is a very universal idea about individual responsibility(IMO). But I see what you mean, and I sort of agree. :smiley:

Yeah, I understand your reasons for WALL-E, too. I was debating for a little bit whether I should vote for Up or WALL-E. :slight_smile:

Really? Me too. 8D

Wow, that’s kind of cool! :slight_smile:

None of them is the best.

In my opinion, Pixar’s best movie is Cars. The whole subplot of materialism and greed that is incorporated throughout the movie alone makes it far more superior than WALL·E’s dry and tired religious (as well as environmental) themes. Have you seen it? Your posts that include a link to your blog are kinda similar to Lightning McQueen’s goals . . . Lightning realizes that they aren’t of vital importance, though.

Dude, you’ve been told countless times to start advertising yoru site like that. State your opinions on the forum, and you can have your sig be the link to your site. I think you’ve had 2 moderators tell you at this point, and countless other members.

I voted WALL-E. It was a chore choosing between that and Up. But in the end, WALL-E with it’s score, story, and majesty takes the crown, IMO.

I had a hard time debating over all of them. My thoughts went a bit like this:

• Well, WALL-E’s my favourite, right?
  • I know right, but didn’t you just love Toy Story 3? You’ve been banging on about it for the last year, that one is your favourite.
  • But UP was on the Disney Channel the other day…
  • And you grew up with A Bug’s Life. You said it yourself, that one doesn’t get old.
  • Monsters, Inc. makes you laugh everytime. You have a Monsters, Inc. mug! You don’t have a mug of any other Pixar film.
  • Only because I couldn’t afford that Toy Story one! £12 on a mug?!
  • No, but wait; the more I watch Ratatouille and The Incredibles, the more I like them.
  • Honey, wheres my supersuit?!
  • Nah, it’s gotta be WALL-E. It’s just superior to all of them :unamused:

Haha, definedancing, my train of thought when it comes to narrowing movies down is exactly like that. 8D I feel like it might always be Up, though. It personally resonates with me in a different way, whether or not I consider it Pixar’s all-around greatest movie. I think it comes in part from my obsession with flight, or the cartoonish visuals…

With Ghibli movies, I tend to insist whatever one is my favorite for a long time, then I see one of the others and remember how great it is, and…8D It’s easy to forget how good a movie is when you haven’t seen it for a while. Hence why I need to constantly rewatch.

That’s a difficult question, because different people, even just people of different age can see something related to them in, well, different films. I asked my family what’s Pixar’s best movie, and they gave various answers. :smiley: As for me… if the “best” is defined as “with the most serious meaning, interesting plot and beautiful animation”, I’d say these are the 3 latest Pixar films: WALL-E, Up and Toy Story 3. They raise not-childish problems and are the most related with ordinary people’s life (not quite with WALL-E - but it depicts a possible future for Earth). I vote for Up. It gives many questions to think about after the viewing and has some really powerful scenes.

^I think the three most recent Pixar movies are the only ones that even compete for the title.

I think every Pixar movie has impacted audiences. I voted for TI because it impacted me the hardest. But you can’t take anything away from all of Pixar’s other movies.

IncredigirlVirginia, well, there are various audiences, as I said. For example, I often hear people recommending Monsters,Inc as one of the best films to watch with small children - neither kids nor parents will be bored. And I agree with them - not all children get the idea of Up or Toy Story 3. So, it rather depends on the point of view.

I mean the most well made Pixar one though. Why are you guys saying your favorites? :confused: The entire point was to decide what inn the big picture is the best. You can’t say your favorite is the best just because you prefer it. :confused:

I didn’t mean my favorite. Just was troubled how to define “the best and most well-made”. I still think that people define it differently. Anyway, my vote is not for my favorite Pixar film. :unamused:

No, I didn’t mean you. I’m sorry. I can see why you would say that it depends on the audience. That makes sense to me. I just mean on the grand scale what’s the best, and certain individuals were saying “_______ because it’s my favorite.” Which is not a reason for a movie to be the best. :confused:

The Incredibles

Why do you say The Incredibles? I just don’t see how it is. I can’t see any argument for it against Up and Wall-E and TS3. :neutral_face: