Poll: New Toons vs Sequels

How should PIXAR continue their films’ stories?

• Sequels
  • More Shorts
  • Half Hour Specials
  • Depends on the film (Specify)
  • Other (Disney Home Entertainment, Mini Series, TV Series, Graphic Novels)

0 voters

So I know we’ve got a couple of threads dedicated to Cars Toons and Toy Story Toons as well as their respective sequels but to my knowledge not one that compared the two.

We all know PIXAR is famous for making amazing sequels, if the Toy Story Trilogy is anything to go by since it’s great to see the how the story progressed. But PIXAR has another great way of bringing back old favorite characters- through non-canon comedic shorts, cartoons and online webisodes. But which are better? Do we prefer seeing them return through epic movies or multiple hilarious shorts? And should we differentiate between films?

i guess it depends. if it’s going to be something totally epic, like a huge story, then I would prefer a sequel. if it’s a continuation of adventures, but not to go off too far, then I pick a short.

Yeah, I’ve heard a lot of mixed things on this site. For instance, a couple of people here would really like to see a WALL-E 2 while others feel that it ended perfectly, and would be just as content to see new self-contained shorts for the film instead. That’s why I really wanted to conduct this poll.

If it’s non-canon, it is pointless. I’m pretty sure the Toy Story Toons are meant to be canon. At least, I hope they are. Because non-canon means it never really happened, you just dreamed that you saw that. What’s the point?

^I want to see a Wall-E 3 just so that it can be called Wall-3.

But you know, Monsters, Inc. is one of the most divided films. Half of its fans think it ended perfectly and does not warrant a sequel. Half the fans think it ended at a point where more MUST be told. But everyone must see the prequel or wait another eleven years for a possible sequel, when all the kids who saw the first one in theaters have grandchildren.

I’d actually like the Cars toons. I think the Cars characters (peticularly Mater) are perfect for these shorts. I also am very excited to see Toy Story’s big screen short debut in front of Cars 2 come Summer.

Glad to meet you!I think this is a humorous story:Tommy: How is your little brother, Johnny? Johnny: He is ill in bed. He hurt himself. Tommy: That’s too bad. How did that happen?
Johnny: We played who could lean furthest out of the window,and he won.

Please don’t spam our boards with your websites - Rachel.

Not sure. I personally don’t want Pixar to pursue any sequels for quite sometime seeing how Cars 2 just did. Of course I would support seeing a sequel from them. The Cars Toons specifically were alot of fun but I see them as testing shorts for Cars 2. Specifically, Tokyo Mater. If Pixar does a sequel down the road like a Toy Story 4 then I would be worried with their future.

Well out of those I prefer more shorts. I dont mind a sequel or two, but I’d rather see them do more original/new stuff in terms of movies. But I certainly dont mind revisiting old stories in shorts.

I prefer toons to sequels. I really hope pixar don’t make a toy story 4, or a cars 3:shock:
I wouldn’t mind a half hour tv special ,like dreamworks do.

I’d personally like to see shorts. We’ve had enough sequels, and the shorts are a great way to still see the characters we love without dedicating a whole film to them. Or we could have the half-hour specials. That’s not such a bad idea either. :slight_smile:

I’d like that! Perhaps a Christmas special?

Yeah, like Christmas at Bonnie’s house… oh wait, that’s already been done. :laughing: Maybe they could do some kinda Monster’s Inc Christmas story. 8D :sunglasses:

Half hou specials our shorts. No more sequels for a while less it’s a really good idea.

More shorts/toons would be my preference.