Creating a Princess

Does any one want to help me make a princess? We could Come up with the story line and characters.
Any one have ideas?

Well, it could be a modern princess fairytale? :smiley:
A British princess! Okay, I’m biased! But she could overcome adversity and make herself the ruler ahead of all of the guys in whatever her field is.
And she must have a brother who is plain nasty. Called Alfonso.
I’m just rabbiting, Sealy. I’m sure your ideas are better 8D

Why not and I was Latin American, but British could work!
Well we need some rabbiters! For most of the Ideas.
And when were done the main story line I was thinking we could do a couple of sketches! :smiley:

Oh, that sounds awesome! xD
:smiley:

So do you have anymore ideas? :smiley:
What should her name be? is Faren ok? It means wanderer and adventourish (I probably spelled that wrong)

Faren sounds nice! And how about quite a gothy look that changes as she becomes more confident, kindof like Violet?

Sure that soounds awesome!

I like this, Sealy! And don’t forget our first idea! wink. i’m sure you’ll find someone who’s better at drawing and uploading sketches than I am. I’ll just be here throwing round ideas if you need me.

I wont forget that. Thats the reason I started this! :smiley:

If anyone has ideas just post them here.

She needs brown hair and brown eyes, and should be 5’ 6"(if appearance counts any and is still up for debate). 8D

Brown hair brown eyes! Sounds good and like me! Except Im not 5’6’ But thats still close. And she still sound great!

Are we pitching ideas for a Pixar Princess or just any princess in general?

It could be the Pixar Planet Princess? :slight_smile:

I’ll admit I don’t know why this topic is in this section (beyond the fact Brave will have a princess.) But anyway…

Well instead of specific details I’ll list a lot of questions to help you get started. It really all depends on what you’re going for.

A character in general involves the environment they are in and what obstacles they must overcome. There is also something in general a character must learn otherwise it makes for a poor story.

Is your story for kids? For adults? For the ‘whole family?’ How realistic do you want to go anyway? Heck is there magic in this world? You’ll have to build the world or country or land she’s in, not only the princess herself.

What environment do you want your princess to be in? What time frame? Medieval? Modern? Future? Something else entirely? Even in a made up nation, if you set it in a different continent there will tend to be different rules and difficulties.

(Whatever its like today- Ancient Indian Hinduism for instance was A LOT more woman friendly and gender equal and different than say Medieval European Christianity was.)

While controversial, religion in general can also be a concept and a danger in the society the princess in- look to British/Irish history and you’ll eventually come across quite a few monarchs who made a big deal of the whole Protestant/Catholic thing – in some cases it was partially (or majorly) their own fault as well as their peoples. Does the nation she is a part of in (and may someday rule) have such problems? Why? Is it her parents/ ancestors partial fault at all? Probably- whether through deliberate malice or failure, if in a monarchy type set up of government, it probably is their fault- that’s what it is to be a leader after all. Successes are not to be yours alone but those which follow you and failures are the ones you have to carry and redeem yourself for. Also a lot of monarchs believeing they were ‘chosen by god’ to rule which is in some cases incredibly dangerous.

Without religion even however-Has she been lied to in fact about history at all for any particular reason because it is in their best interests to keep her in the dark (or say make her more blindly patriotic or loving of other royals than she would be otherwise)- or is it at least sanitised and pretty different in comparison to what the man on the street knows or educated people know from outside her nation? What of the basic laws and morals of her nation? Is there room for improvement? Does said perceived ‘improvement’ ever go too far on the part of the royals or government in charge?

Of course another question is the idea the government is even a monarchy. (As in the royals ultimately rule.) Is it? Heck do the royals have a lot of power or is it more democratic in nature? What restrictions are there? Do… certain royals not like their restrictions if so? How far are they willing to go to remove it? Royals are not saints, they can be horrible and have unrealistic expectations about how reality works, but can be just people in general- though they have had to in the past maintain facades of perfection. How much can that screw someone up? (… a lot?)

Perhaps there’s even a Russian Tsar thing going on- they were disposed but no real democracy was set up, instead either one party or a dictator took over. Is this dictator actually good(hey it can happen)? Is this dictator a megalomaniac murderer who causes the people suffering? How much danger is said Princess in? Why would people want to dispose the royals to begin with? (For the Tsars they were weak and ineffectual as well as WW1 pretty much gutting the Russians in many ways even if they would be known as one of the winners- they pretty much sacrificed the most out of anyone in that war- actually the same thing can be said about the 2nd really.)

There’s also the royal family in general. How do they function –as- a family? The British royal family call themselves the ‘Old Firm’ like a business as it were. Does your made up royal family love each other? Hate each others guts? Or are simply awkward with one another and affection?
Evil step-mothers are cliché in my opinion so I’d avoid that. I’d love it if say the birth parents were technically bad and the step mother to be wonderful to the Princess- or just what she needs whether she likes it or not. (Personally I don’t think family is necessarily who you’re genetically related to). Some tough love might be in the royal family depending on the time period. Heck maybe the princess herself (if married into it) finds herself to be a step-mother herself to whoever is next in line. An interesting idea would be actually if she decided to keep power because she knew her child or step-child –would- be a terrible ruler- even if she has no qualms or arguments with them otherwise. Genetics don’t always cut it after all.

Sometimes royals are given a cushy lifestyle but if they’re actually ruling they do have to toughen up at least in terms of emotions. Sometimes royals like a lot of families have been known to go too far. Though heck if it is cushy and perfect pretty flowers and that’s what you want them to have in the beginning- completely take that away from them in the story and have them deal with the real world at least for a while. How is up to you.

Court however can also tear you to shreds if they don’t like you depending on the time period and place. Does the Princess have trouble navigating through this even if she has been raised in it? Has there been some tension in general no-one really totally understands? Perhaps she just recently found out she’s a princess, perhaps she married in and they don’t consider their blood blue enough (or complain as to why the Prince didn’t choose THEIR daughter). Courts can be full of petty squabbles and generation old feuds and politics and deals. Sitting someone next to the wrong person at dinner can be a disaster and not sitting close to a monarch in some cultures is considered a major slight. Depending on the culture there can be a lot of rules!

A princess in court may have to be tough in terms of emotions and not show them too much even if she feels hurt. Depending on certain factors she may perhaps be told to NEVER burst into tears in public or at least not into noisy sobs, no not even when your parents (or parents in law) or your ‘true love’ dies. To the Court that is a weakness, you may be a Queen (or perhaps rule until her children or step children take over anyway) when that happens after all. And if that means you’re an ACTUAL leader rather than a figure head that’s pretty important. If you married into such royalty you are the rock your husband the prince will lean on and it’s your job to help toughen him up too along with everyone else- if he cries after his parents or someone dies in public, same idea really depending on the culture and time period. If she fails, this ncan be another source of conflict and obstacle- to remove first impressions or the last impression she left on them.

There’s also the general pressure of producing your own heir. Heck does your princess even LIKE kids?

There are quite a lot of things to explore with a Princess. It all depends on what you’re going for in terms of her environment and what obstacles she has to overcome (as well as lessons she may learn). Depending on how realistic you want to go- I’m afraid many of the Disney Princesses probably wouldn’t survive in my opinion.

No, characters like Mai from A:TLA is in fact a bit more realistic and likely to survive despite her strange skill list (yes I know Mai isn’t a Princess, she’ll marry the Fire Lord eventually though). Mai is perhaps a lot closer to what a Princess in old time Europe would also be expected to be, not just in some parts of Asia. And Azula is ruthless which can be expected of many royals not just princesses depending on once again culture and time period.

A princess like many characters will be a product of her environment. Depending on her position though there will be many expectations placed on her or at least more than the average person: on what she SHOULD be regardless of what she really IS. In some cases some changes and compromises will be beneficial, others harmful and wrong. And while she may have some power there will also be restrictions- some she SHOULD challenge some perhaps not. Finding the balance I guess is key and something both the creator and character can explore in the story.

Oh, I’m not either. I’m 5 foot even. 8D I just think 5’ 6" is good.

Wow, thanks for that, MG! I’m sure it’ll make it easier. :smiley:

I read it wrong I thought it said Future Films :blush:

Family movie. Made up nation.

Her family doesnt know they are royal. Her family hates each other. Mother and father get divorsed when she is young.
Father is upset and abuses her. Makes her do all the work. She has multiple jobs by the age of 9 and is the one who does every thing. When the king dies they find out they are royal (father still horrible)

When older she is forced to marry a prince of their neighboring country. He treats her like her father. since men are treated better than woman in this nation he is now the king of the newly conjoined countires.

She does have one friend. Who? we decide…

Umm… So with child leaves. Sails to a new country and thats all I can come up with need help…

Oh yeah she has brown hair brown eyes and is 5’6"

She could run away with her best friend, who is a bit bohemian and has read all about this utopian kingdom where everything is beautiful and everyone is treated equally. However, she and her friend…Alex? :smiley:…arrive and discover that the kingdom is being destroyed by the influence of the not very humanitarian place she previously came from. She has to stand up and save humanity, but rather than doing so through marrying a price of theirs or going to war, she does it with peace and love, and discovers what true humility and family is. The end :slight_smile:

So what should she look like? If we are making up som land what do the people look like there? Are they elf like? or are they normal humans?
And how about she has a necklace of a heart and a necklace of a key that fits in to the heart? She has had this since she was little. She was going to give it to her husband when she got married but she kept it from the prince.

Oh and if anyones good a writing could yopu some how make our scraps better?

Well reading these, you now get to witness my awful drawing skills. I’m no computer person and i don’t know how to embed the pictures and stuff very well so I’ll put the flickr links on (as long as it’s okay with the mods :wink: ). :smiley:

[url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/56760416@N02/5940820575/[/url]
This is Farel’s mother. She is beautiful and youthful, but Farel hasn’t seen her since she went away.

[url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/56760416@N02/5940820317/in/photostream/[/url]
This is Farel’s father. Since being let down, he has become a cruel, hateful man.

[url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/56760416@N02/5940820067/in/photostream/[/url]
This is the people in the Utopian island. Sortof like pixies :smiley:

[url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/56760416@N02/5940819779/in/photostream/[/url]
This is how i envisioned Farel. Pretty plain and simple, but she becomes beautiful as she emerges from her shell.

[url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/56760416@N02/5941378692/in/photostream/[/url]
This is Farel’s best friend, Alex. He’s pretty cocky :slight_smile:

I like princesses that have a lot of fancy stuff. I mean, when I think of princess, I think of the Royal wedding and how expensive everything is.