Who else has never laughed out loud at a Pixar film?

I love their films. Of course that goes without saying since I come here all the time. Their films make me cry, smile, chuckle, and think. But I’ve never laughed out loud while watching one. Can anybody else say the same?

Sorry to say but I never laughed out loud during Cars 2. More like sunk into my seat not knowing what to think.

I remember I laughed the most during Cars and Toy Story. I say between the two I thought that Cars was the funniest out of the Pixar films.

Cars humor doesn’t get me in most cases. But most of the films make me laugh. Out loud? No, but then again, I don’t laugh out loud in ANY film, because what’s the point?

The closest one was the opening day of Toy Story 3, because I was among a very receptive audience that cheered and laughed in the proper times, and that made me happy.

Interesting topic. I thought it would be a loaded question, but it’s interesting to read that the OP has never laughed out loud at a Pixar film before. I can’t really remember when was the last time I did, too, although I probably did at least once. Not to say Pixar’s films aren’t funny, but they’re not the kind that will make you laugh till you cry, which is fine with me.

Haha, most of Johnny’s films have cringeworthy kind of humour. Like Flik’s epic fail with the food harvest at the beginning of Bug’s Life, McQueen’s slow-mo tongue lolling, Buzz LIghtyear’s ‘flying with style’, etc. It’s not gut-busting or ‘wet-your-pants’ funny, but more of like “hurr hurrs” and eye-rolls for me. :slight_smile:

The train robbery opening sequence and Ken and Barbie’s antics got the most laughs out of me for Toy Story 3, but for the most part, it was kinda dark or groanworthy (“Lincoln Logs”, sticking a toy part up the nose, Buzz’ wing-boner, etc).

I’d have to say Dreamworks’ films get more laughs from me. I remember Shrek made my siblings and I laugh so hard when we watched it as teens, we couldn’t breathe at some parts! Maybe if I pick it up again, I might have a chuckle or two. Most of Pixar’s films are not lols as more of wide grins and jaws hanging in awe throughout.

That’s it. A lot of comedies (even bad ones) can make you laugh a lot. But very few films make you really happy, and that’s the case with Pixar.

By the way, the Buzz wings thing was in TS2, not 3.

I will admit I laughed at some Dreamworks’ films like the first two Shrek movies. Pixar’s films can be a bit funny but I take their films more seriously.

I think I have at times, probably on Monsters Inc., The Incredibles and Toy Story 3.

Personally, I simply can’t fathom how anyone couldn’t laugh at films in general! “What’s the point?” well, these movies were created to entertain, and also to invoke emotion and reactions such as laughter, shock, tears, etc. Maybe it’s just because I get way too much into whatever I’m watching or reading and let them dictate my emotions, but I have probably laughed harder at the Pixar films than any other!

Ratatouille was one of the most memorable movie theater viewing experiences I ever had, because it made me laugh so hard. Watching Lifted along with Ratatouille marked one of the first times that I had ever laughed from my gut at a movie during a theater viewing.

I can’t help it, just watching WALL-E’s naive and curious antics always invokes out-loud laughter from me, or Alfredo’s wide range of goofy expressions and outbursts, or Mike and Sulley’s back-and-forth banter - it all gets laughs out of me.

Maybe I’m a dumb special case, too. I don’t know. I just can’t understand why anyone wouldn’t laugh out loud during a movie, I guess?

little chef

I get what you’re saying little_chef_eva09. I think I too have laughed out loud at Ratatouille.

I perfectly know why films are created for, miss. I was in turn created to watch them. They’re my main reason to live and I’ve never met anyone who “gets into what I’m watching” as much as me. Obviously there are people who do, and I’m not meaning I’m the only one, but I do a lot, and I found that commentary hurtful.

By the way, I didn’t say I laugh, but quite the opposite:

To me inner laugh is much more valuable, and I don’t get the point of necessarily externalize the laughter in order to increase the feeling. I can feel exactly as happy just smiling.

The thing remains that I just made an innocent post, and then someone got kinda offended by it, which in turn offends the OP. This is happening a lot, not just to me, but to a lot of members. We keep getting into each other necks, and that affects the forums atmosphere.

I agree with this fully.

Oh, I didn’t mean for what I said to be offensive or hurtful in any way! :frowning: I’m not sure where you got that tone but it was truly not my intention, and the way you responded wasn’t so nice, yourself! :c

I guess it’s just for me, being a giggly and amused-by-everything-type, I can’t personally relate to not laughing out loud at stuff, but I wasn’t saying that how you felt was wrong or anything! augh man now I feel like a jerk just ignore everything I said earlier. ;___;

little chef

I know I wasn’t nice, which is why I complained about getting offended, because then one offends in return.

I don’t know which tone you intended before, but I didn’t say anything that could be offensive to anyone, just a general view on my behavior at films. You apparently got offended at that, as you used italics and quotations at what I said,

I’m sorry about having used you as an example, but I’m tired at people getting offended by innocent remarks.

But I wasn’t offended in the least, I’m honestly not sure where you got that tone from my post! :'c Like I said, I just couldn’t relate and wondered how it was possible for people not to laugh at movies, simply because it’s the way I am and I can’t fathom it.

There was nothing about my post that was written in offense of anyone else’s posts. I believe you’re the one making a mountain out of a molehill right now and not accepting the second post I made, which stated the exact same thing I’m saying right now - I wasn’t trying to be offensive or hurtful, nor was I offended at anything previously said! :frowning:

Besides that, returning suspected offensiveness for more offense isn’t really the way you should conduct yourself. If anything it only causes more problems. I wasn’t trying to be difficult, or hurtful in any way, shape or form. And I’m not trying to be so right now. I’m just not understanding why you flared up at my post in the first place, when I sincerely meant it in good humor and as more of a “omg I can’t believe it!”, light-hearted post. Italics weren’t used to be forceful. I simply believe you interpreted the tone of it completely wrong, and now I feel like a jerk because I feel like I’m the reason this whole thread is going off-topic and dissolving into a sort of argument.

I’m going to leave it there, but hopefully you understand that I sincerely didn’t mean any harm or hurt in my posts whatsoever, neither was I offended by anything that was said.

little chef

I didn’t say I didn’t accept your post. On the other hand, on my second one I accepted what you said about not having been too nice myself either, explained why I thought the misunderstanding was created and said I was sorry for having to make the first post.

If anything, I now feel you didn’t accept my second post, which is sort of ironic :frowning:

By the way, I didn’t mean I was being purposely offensive because I felt offended. I mean that it accidental happens when one feels (I know sometimes the tone of a post is hard to get) people is jumping at you. I seriously wasn’t trying to be remorseful, but that’s the way it came because I was hurt.

But you’re right, we’re getting off-topic (sorta), and I know that obsesses some people.

I now explicitly accept your post about not having bad intentions in the first place and I state the same. Sorry, it wasn’t my intention either.

Yeah I think there was a lot of misinterpretation of tone coming from both sides, and I’m sorry it turned into an argument! But I’m not mad or anything, and I accept your apology.

Hopefully things will get back on-topic from here. So sorry, folks!

little chef

Interesting to read, though, that people have different reactions to funny things. Some people laugh real loud, while others simply smile. It’s kinda somewhere in between for me, if I ‘prepped’ myself going in that this would be a funny movie (like renting a super-obvious comedy like Scary Movie or Naked Gun), then I would laugh harder. But if it’s something ‘unknown’ like a Pixar or Dreamworks movie, where you know it might be a comedy or drama, depending on how you look at it, then my reactions vary. Pixar generally elicits few ‘laugh-out-loud’ moments for me than Dreamworks, maybe because, like another poster said, I tend to take it more seriously, and their jokes tend to fall flat more often for me on a personal basis. I almost always laugh-out-loud for Blue Sky films, maybe because of their naive colour schemes, or juvenile sense of humour, so I more readily go along with them, even with the sillier jokes or gags. And of course, if there’s a witty joke or pop-culture reference, I would make a ‘hurr hurr’ or ‘aha’ to show I’m ‘in the know’ to my friends or theatre audience.

I don’t really, I do some chuckes, but not much laughing.

Yeah, I generally don’t “laugh out loud” when watching Pixar films. I do like to make quiet remarks as I’m watching though, like “wow…” :laughing: