Pixar and redheads

I don’t know if you guys have noticed, But Pixar seems to be a fan of redheads. They appear in almost every film they have and of course their’s gonna be like five in Brave. Ever since Jessie appeared they have had in in almost every film.

Jessie

George (Okay, I’m kinda cheating here but he still had reddish/orangeish fur.)

Daria

Helen

Liguini (More dark red)

Mary

Ellie (In her younger years)

Merida and her family

See what I mean? I think the people at Pixar are big fans of redheads.

Helen doesn’t really have red hair. i think it’s more auburn.

That’s true I guess. But they still have a lot.

It’s true! Red hair just seems to look good in animation, I don’t know why. 8D

That’s amazing. I never consciously noticed that before. I think red-heads, or “rangas” are having a bit of resurgence lately, which is good since they tend to be under-represented in popular culture. Isn’t Andrew Stanton a red-head? Perhaps that has something to do with it… Personally I can see the redness in Helens hair. And it really does look great when animated. Merida’s hair will contrast nicely with the green nature in Brave.

I’ve noticed that as well. Even some characters, like young Ellie and Helen Parr, have a reddish-tinted auburn color. I wonder if it’s intentional or not.

Helen and Ellie aren’t redheads. In some lighting they have a red tint, but I personally wouldn’t qualify them as redheads.

But you are right, there are lots of redheads in Pixardom.

Yeah, their hair definitely looks brown to me. Although, in that particular Helen screen cap there appears to be some pretty visible red hairs mixed in. Happens to a lot of people. I find the occasional red or blonde hair on my own head sometimes!

That’s exactly what I was thinking, but I didn’t know how to say it. 8D

What about this one? :laughing:

^ “This disease is called “Gingervitis”. Kids who have Gingervitis cannot be cured”

Haha, nice reference, but not Pixar!

I never even noticed :blush:

It does look good though :smiley:

Disney itself has a fair share of redheads…look at Penny from The Rescuers and Jenny from Oliver and Company. And of course, there’s Ariel and Jessica Rabbit. Not that the latter’s Disney, but her red hair is the thing that makes her attractive, so…

hehee, I’m sure that her oversized bust and hips have nothing to do with making her attractive then! 8D just kidding. I do love her hair.

I always liked Eddie’s reaction when he first saw Jessica.

I love characters with red hair. When I was little, I wanted red hair soo bad because of Jessie and Ariel. I even dyed it once. But never again, because nobody noticed until it grew out.

I hate how some people make fun of redheads. Has anyone seen those Coppercab videos? Soem say their fake and he’s acting but I’m not sure.

Yes, I have. This thread is about Pixar and reheads though, let’s stick to that.

Thanks to the adorableness that is Alfredo Linguini and his bright patch of unruly red tresses, I’ve been faithfully coloring my hair that shade since 2009. Call me crazy but I am basically him and he is me so it was kind of fitting that it happened eventually. :')

I would still classify Ellie and Helen’s hair in the red/auburn family as one of the posters suggested, because it’s not quite brown, but it’s not bright red either! I can’t help but make stupid connections between redheaded characters, like Merida, for instance. Was she a very distant ancestor of the Linguini family line? Scots married into Italians eventually, and you ended up with the Linguinis. 8D

Of course, depending on how Brave turns out, that may or may not be a completely off-the-chart idea. But it’s more for laughter’s sake than seriousness, anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

little chef

I adore redheads, and I am absolutely dying my hair red come August :mrgreen: .

Now that you mention it, they have a bit of resemblance… :smiley: