Ratatouille, WALL-E, Up, and TS3 Re-Release

Figured this would interest many of you:
pixarplanet.com/blog/pixar-class … c-theatres

I’m definitely going to try to see all of them in one day. I always enjoy rewatching past Pixar movies in anticipation of the newest one.

I wish I could go see one of these! There aren’t any participating theaters in the state, though. Oh, well.

My brother’s birthday is that weekend, so I’m going to try and take him to see Up in 3D then. Both of us missed it in 3D when it came out the first time, so we’re pretty excited. :sunglasses:

I want to try seeing them all in one day! I mean, $24 isn’t bad. Hopefully I can tolerate the 3D.

I hope to get to see at least one of them.

I think it’s great that they’re rereleasing them! It’ll give those who didn’t see them on the big screen originally a chance to laugh, cry, and get that warm fuzzy feeling from the films same as I did! After all, seeing each year’s Pixar film in theaters is a thrill like nothing in the world… a thrill that comes only from watching the film first time around and not knowing what will happen next and the rosy feeling that comes when the end credits roll and you sigh and think “Oh, wow…”<3; and from then on, every time you watch it again, you get chills up your spine as you just submerge yourself in a blissfully familar scene. Hence, why I only see movies in theaters once. But you can bet I’ll be seeing the 3D rerelease of Monsters Inc. and if they ever rerelease A Bug’s Life and Cars; the three Pixar films I didn’t end up seeing in theaters. Wouldn’t miss those for the world! :slight_smile:

Just thought I’d share my experience of watching all four films today! My marathon began at 10 AM and lasted until 7 PM. The films were screened in this order: Up, WALL-E, Toy Story 3, and Ratatouille. The first film, probably because it was so early, only had four other people in the theater (this is downtown Chicago, by the way), but every film after that was around 12-20, gradually increasing with each showtime. Not many children, either! I cried about three or four times the whole day, but I felt better when I heard two girls my age sniffling loudly behind me during TS3. :laughing:

Overall, this was a great day. I had to be prepared with food and stuff, and the worst part was watching the same lame pre-show commercials before the show, but nothing beats watching these wonderful films on the big screen. My TV doesn’t come close. Even after seeing each film several times over the years, I still spotted new things to appreciate in each one.

Oh, and nothing was in 3D!

Wait… weren’t these 3D releases? Or did you mean that they had nothing in them that popped out of the screen? I saw TS3 in 3D and I recall there being little that popped out except for Buzz’s hand when he reaches out to Woody in the incinerator scene. Was it like when they rereleased the first two Toy Story films in 3D and things that should’ve come out of the screen didn’t? Just curious. But I get you all the way on the whole “Pixar experience” :smiley:

They were in the regular 2D format. I thought Up and Toy Story 3 would be in 3D, but nope.

Hmm, the AMC website had TS3 and Up listed in 3D. I guess that wasn’t the case though.

Unfortunately I won’t be seeing any of these since there was conveniently a fire at the movie theater this weekend.

Very glad to meet everybody here,I am just a new member of this forum,I want to make more friends here,I hope you can like me.

share love,share happy,share useful information about Buy WOW Gold and RS Gold

Hi lanshan75! Welcome to the “Planet”! Just want to let you know you may want to introduce yourself in the “Introduction” thread in the Members Inc section. Anyway, hope you have fun here!

Very interesting! The nearest AMC theatre to me is an hour away, but it’s in Emeryville, so that’d be cool to see them there!