'Up' board

I know we don’t know that much about ‘Up’ yet,but do you think we should start a board on it?Becuase

I have a feeling that the discussion will soon get a little large now that we know that it is the 2009 Pixar

film-TIME magazine tells us this.

So,what do you think?Even though I have a feeling it’s a ‘no’

answer… :blush:

I think it is a

good idea, but I would wait for a bit. i think it might be a little too early to talk about it.

It is up

to Dash and the other mods though.

There’s nothing definitive about this film just yet- we don’t even know whether it’s definitely going to be

called Up- so if a section is added for it, things might have to change as new information comes to light, which

will be a lot of hassle for the board mods.

Well I’m sure one

will come up eventually, but i too think it’s a little too soon for that yet. I for one, certainly wouldnt know

what to say about it yet.

Here’s some info on Up, doesn’t say much though but it says what it’s about,

[url]Error

amazing of what you can do with google

:wink:

Then there’s this…

[url]http://www.movieweb.com/news/84/20384.php[/url]

I think that if we had some more very strong info about

Up, then I am sure we will have a discussion on it later.

I say we’re about halfway to making a forum on UP. We

know it exists, we know who’s directing, and we know the release dates but we still don’t have the name

(confirmed, anyway), actors, or even a good idea of what it’s all about. The question is, could we keep up

discussion on UP? At this point, no. :wink:

My guess is after a couple months,

after the Ratatouille DVD has been released, we might see an Up forum sooner or later.

The word Up may be a code that will be used in the movie, because Up is going to be an adventure movie, so the old man and the wilderness boy might try to find something that the old man only knows about and he has to find the secret code first. That’s my guess at it.

“Up” to me brings forth “getting up” out of bed. So I tend to think that the plot revolves around him getting “Up” at a certain time…a far fetched guess, but hey! :wink:

I like your projection, JV.

Lou Romano is doing design work on the film.

Skip near the end of the video:
iesb.net/index.php?option=com_xe … ail&id=975

movies.about.com/od/ratatouille/ … 061307.htm

Sweet! It is great to hear Mr. Ramano back! Thanks for the info JV.

Take a listen to this score supposedly taken from Up: youtube.com/watch?v=uOGFjIj1Fus

Edit - I read that the music is from the HBO in Space logo.
It’s to early for Pixar to do score on Up anyway.

New Image From Disney•Pixar’s “Up”

The second image of Up is far more representative of the film’s title.

~~=oP

Thanks for that. I thought Up might have something to with planes… The vibe that I get from the picture is that there is a search warrant out on the old man, and they are looking for him. How does everyone else interpret the picture?

All it makes me think of is Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade when he is on the blimp. I wouldn’t be surprised if this movie draws inspiration from Indy, and after the teaser with WALL•E I’ll give my judgement on whether or not they should use John Williams for the score.

Did you notice that you can’t see the ground outside of the house ? There’s just a big blue sky. Also, the picture is slightly oblique.

Could the house fly, or something like that ?

Anyway, very exciting picture.

Yeah, I got the feeling of the house flying too, Archibald. I’m not really sure what else to make of this picture, but it’s very intriguing! Thanks for the link, PV.

My first reaction was “Monsters, Inc.”! Then I thought “Is the house flying?”, and then I thought “Close the door old man, those planes are gonna hit you!”

I agree with Archibald and lizardgirl’s “flying house” theory. If you recall, Pete Docter described the movie as follows:

Perhaps he mentioned the house in his description because there was something special about it? Who knows… In any case, it seems like the movie will be an adventurous one. WALL•E hasn’t even been released and I’m already very excited about this one!

This wasn’t my first reaction, but I certainly see where you’re coming from. I don’t think Monsters, Inc. would have anything to do with Up, but I have a feeling that we’ll be treated with little cameo appearances from (or allusions to) Monsters, Inc. It is, after all, a Pete Docter-directed film.