Up, the tenth Pixar Film!

Hi to everyone! :smiley: , well this is a weird topic, because i just wanna talk about how exciting will be the next year 4 pixar when it premiers it’s 10th film, and besides we’re hoping that “Up” will be a succes like the other 9, starting to toy story in 1995 and now wall-e i’ts 9th film that is already a succes …YES! andrew stanton did it again. And yeah will be it’s tenth film, and besides it’s first film made in 3-D right? The question is : there will be something special to celebrate Up, to celebrate it’s tenth film??? i don’t know but i’m so excited with that the idea drive crazy!!! viva pixar!!!.
Something is sure 4 pixar, 2009 will be a madness!!! (TOY STORY 1 IN 3-D TOO!!!) :stuck_out_tongue:

Ha! Wow 10 films! I think, keeping with Pixar’s habit of “hiding” objects from other films in current films, it will hide at least 1 thing from every film it’s made. Maybe the objects will be in order! That would be cool.

Yeah, I’ve been thinking about Up a lot lately. It’s weird how every Pixar film starts off almost as a rumour, and they always seem so distant and far away…But then they suddenly come around and we’re watching it in the cinema, and then on DVD.

The more I think about the concept of Up, the more I like it. And the fact that it’s Pixar’s tenth film makes it even more special.

I was speculating on the trailer. As we don’t know what it is about, here was what I saw in my mind.

(After the logos)

We see the interior of the house. Everything seems quiet. The main character is asleep in a recliner, resting. As we watch, a jar on the table next to him begins to roll, slowly back and forth. As the camera pans around, we see that slowly, other objects are starting to move: the plants in a vase are waving slightly, loose items on the floor as well. Finally, the jar on the table breaks startling the guy awake.

Man: wh-who’s there?

(Suddenly, the sound like a low-flying plane is heard, causing the man to jump from his chair. As he rubs the sleep from his eyes, we track with him as he goes to the front door. As he opens it up- it segues into the image we’ve seen: the man stands with the door open, watching a zeppelin and several bi-planes flying around.

As we watch, the camera switches on a close-up of his eyes, before pulling back and back)

Man: Do you mind? Some of us are trying to sleep!

(The camera pulls back past the planes and all to show his house-suspended by the balloons. As the camera keeps pulling back, the house becomes obscured by some clouds, and the titles 'From the Creators of Toy Story, Monsters Inc, and Wall-E appear. Before we fade into the word ‘Up.’ This then fades out and the year ‘2009.’ Fades in, before going to black).

Why you’re a regular storyboard artist there.

That’s actually a fairly believable guess, wouldn’t be surprised if that’s not that far from what it’ll actually be.

Urusei, that sounds perfect! Pure genuis.

Wow! great storyboard! it certainly sounds like Pixar trailers. With WALL-E, I was getting kind of frustrated with seeing this trailer over and over again and not knowing what it was really about:

“In January of (whatever, i dont remember), there was a lunch. At this lunch we talked about Bug’s Life, Monsters Inc., etc. etc. and they all became movies. Now, it’s time for WALL-E.”

Or whatever, you know what I’m talking about right! Anyway, Pixar just has that quality with it’s trailers of pulling you in, making you, almost forcing you to find out more about the new movie! That’s one of the best qualities a film company can have!

:laughing:

I liked storyboarding when I was in college, but I focused mainly on character animation. I did have a small bit of storyboarding in my portfolio, but it was very simple.

Storyboarding class was always fun. I remember my final project, I did a 240+panel storyboard for a 3 1/2 minute trailer for a film version of ‘Pompeii.’ I recall my instructor saved me until the end, and some applauded after I gave my presentation.

At one point, I mentioned how a giant piece of volcanic rock from Vesuvius slammed into a guy knocking him to the ground, and I acted that impact out. Someone at the end said, ‘can you do that bit again?’

That’s great. :smiley:
Where did you go to school?

I went to a pretty 3rd-rate college in Chicago, though at the end, I was disappointed that they didn’t quite prepare us for the real world. I think if I had chosen to go further and enroll somewhere in California, it might have been better. Animation and anything entertainment related in the midwest is kind of a joke these days. Kind of interesting how some of the most talented entertainers and such come from the midwest, but need to go to the coasts to make something of themselves.

That’s a shame. When I go to college I’ll be in the same situation, being in the midwest and all. Nearby Chicago actually.

hey quick question:
won’t “Bolt” be the 10th Pixar film? or is that just Disney?

That’s Disney.

I always get worried, seeing that trailer in theaters, that people will think it’s Pixar. Because, frankly, I don’t think it’s going to stand up against Pixar films in quality.

yeah, the animation’s ok.
I think most people just lump Pixar with Disney and call it Disney.

Yeah, I had a teeny-tiny rant about this in another topic. It always happens, and it always annoys me.

yeah. not proud to say I used to do it too. :blush:
I now realize the error of my old ways. :laughing:

First look at Comic Con 08!!
movies.ign.com/articles/892/892421p1.html

Comic-Con’s great. Looking forward to that. (Saturday)

10 amazing films!