Up or UP?

Now, I’m a real stickler for spelling proper nouns correctly, especially when it comes to something Pixar-related, like one of their movies… Is it spelt Up or UP?

I’ve only ever seen it promoted as UP so to me that one is the correct title, and I know that it may seem like they are both the same thing, but they aren’t! One of them has to be correct, and the other one isn’t. That’s just the way I see things.

What do you think?

Seeing as it’s not an acronym, UP is just the title in all caps, a stylistic choice. I’m pretty sure the title is “Up” regardless.

I’m going to have to agree with ominousorb on this one

It is “Up”. The name is not an acronym for anything.

Yep, just “Up”. I guess this means I’m not the only one who gets annoyed when people don’t do WALL-E or the other one (with the interpunct) though, huh? :stuck_out_tongue:

We seriously need to stop using all caps for things that don’t need it. We also need to stop naming movies like this. :angry: “Up”? What kind of a title is that? 8D

Yeah, I’m going with the general consensus here that it’s ‘Up’. Unless Pixar wants us to shout or something every time we say it. :laughing:

I’m going to agree and say it’s spelled Up, all caps is just the way they chose to stylize the logo, just like Newt was spelled “newt”.

I think it is just Up instead of UP. You can spell it with all Caps if you want to really make it stand out.

Pixar does not believe in titles being more than 2 words long. :slight_smile:

(Except for Brenda Chapman… :wink: )

its “Up”
next question

I think I understand now… it’s just like how Toy Story is advertised as TOY STORY, so UP (which is how it’s displayed on the poster and in the trailer) is really Up.

But with WALL•E, it’s a whole different story. :wink:

E.S.: What about John Lasseter? (A Bug’s Life)

Agreed!

A Bug’s Life fun fact: Disney spells it “a bug’s life” normally wile Pixar spells it A Bug’s Life.
It seems Disney takes logos very literally.

“A” doesn’t count! :wink:

Guys, I think we need to get back on topic. :wink:

I believe that it’s always been spelled out as Up. Granted, bawpcwpn got confused at one point and refered to it as “UP” on the blog, but it is correctly spelled with no “caps”.

Oh I was never confused. In my defence, this was at a time when we weren’t sure what Up was about and whether it was an acronym or whatever.

o_0 psst…is this thread going anywhere? o_0

:laughing:

A113: What are you talking about is it going anywhere? :confused: We’re all just confused if Up is an acronym, or if the name stood for something more than just a title.