USA - 29 May 2009
Australia - 10 June 2009
UK - 17 July 2009
Egypt - 29 July 2009
France - 29 July 2009
Netherlands - 29 July 2009
Sweden - 4 September 2009
Germany - 1 October 2009

Please, Disney, whatever you do, PLEASE do not delay the Australian release date. Leave it as is, I beg you. To only have to wait 12 days between when the US gets a Pixar film and when we do instead of 2 months or more, well, that’s just fantastic… crosses fingers

Anyone knows when is the release date for Singapore? I have a feeling it’s goner be late again, just like it was for WALL-E. :neutral_face:

Hmm, I always thought that Up would be released in later June than later May But I’m happy…

For some reason I feel like it’s going to be real soon but it’s going to be around 10 months or so…

In Italy it was confirmed to be released on august 28, but some time later Fox announced the release date of Ice Age 3 on that same day -_-
One of them will change its date, but who knows which…

I don’t live in Italy but I’m hoping that the winner will be pixar (yes, I know it’s not a competition). I do like Ice Age though.

me too, but Fox clearly wanted to attack… it’s war :stuck_out_tongue:

This is going to another “A Bug’s Life” vs “Antz” again. Oh boy. Hope Pixar would reign over this one unlike the last time.

Go up…May 29 is my younger brothers birthday…that would be a great present…

Just under a couple of months between the US release and ours isn’t bad at all, since we did get WALL-E pretty quickly. Not great for Sweden and Germany though, is it? I know there are practical issues concerning the release of Pixar films, but it would still be nice to have a worldwide release, just once. Or even a same month release.

And they’d better delay Ice Age 3 and not Up for the Italians. Pixar films should take priority! :laughing:

I don’t think there is any practical reason whatsoever for not doing a worldwide near-simultaneous release or at least having all countries covered within two months.
Just as an example: there was a press screening of the finished German dub of “The Incredibles” on the exact same day as the U.S. theatrical release.
And really…four months? Are they mad?
An invitation to download this off P2P networks, if I ever saw one (not that I am going to do this, but I assume many people will).
Near-simultaneous releases have worked fine for so many blockbusters. I just can’t figure out why this is not possible for Pixar movies. :angry:

It’s kinda late for France, but I agree with Lizardgirl though…

I don’t have the release date for “Up” in Estonia yet but I have some other great news. The biggest cinema in Estonia has been upgraded with 3D technology on two screens. Also another cinema will be upgraded to 3D next year and a brand new cinema with seven 3D screens will open next year!

And this means that I and other Estonians can see Up in 3D!

Qll the other films of Pixar weren’t in 3D? :open_mouth:

Well, I’ve never seen a Pixar film in 3D, and as far as I was aware, they haven’t been available in 3D yet, hence the Toy Story re-release in 3D and that sort of thing.

totoro- I’ve heard something about film reels, and that meaning that they can’t have a worldwide release, or something along those lines. I really don’t know. But if there’s nothing stopping them from doing a worldwide release, why don’t Pixar do just that? It would mean that pirated copies and copies from the PSP network wouldn’t get around so much, as more people would go and see it in the cinema right away.

Somehow, I feel that I’m going to lose out again since I doubt that the cinemas in Singapore will be upgraded with 3D technology anytime soon. :cry: Darn it.

Oh you guys mean like 3D with the glasses and everything, oh yeah that would be great…

I was quite peeved with the late release of Wall-E in Singapore too, but I think UP may be released on time? Reason being the June holidays. Previously Pixar films released in the USA at the end of June, which is the end of our hols. This applies to Ratatouille and Wall-E anyway, the cinemas decided to release in August to coincide with the September hols? With a May UP release things hopefully will be different.

Yeah, hopefully. It seems really ridiculous, though. Maybe they see the little significance Pixar films will bring to the nation which isn’t known to like animated films. :unamused:

17th July, I’ll be waiting for that date. Can’t wait for what Pete Doctor has in store for us. I hope the film can match Monsters Inc.