Up at NYCC

There are two panels featuring up at the Comic-Con today.

2:30 to 3:30 PM EST: Regular panel, featuring Pete Docter.

6:30 PM EST: 50 minute preview of the movie with Docter and Jonas Rivera. Don’t expect to see any footage from this one online, as they’re clearing the entire theater to check visitors for cameras and phones.

So, yeah. Whatever information there is, you’ll probably hear about it here.

The press has already seen the 45 minute sneak. Here’s an article from Coming Soon but it contains spoilers! If you want to see the movie fresh don’t read, if you’re a spoiler junkie, then go ahead (the spoilers aren’t that bad if you follow Up closely): comingsoon.net/news/nycomicc … p?id=52657
If you just want to hear the high praise without juicy details, check these articles out:
exclaim.ca/articles/generala … fid1=36343
cinematical.com/2009/02/07/c … pixars-up/

O_O
faints from greatness

Thanks for the links, Martin. All of the test screenings and advance screenings make me that much more excited for Up. I heard it got a standing ovation at one of the screenings in 3D (not sure if it was NYCC), and Monsters vs. Aliens didn’t, snicker For Carl to be described as one of the most sincere characters in a Pixar film is saying a lot, especially after WALL•E.

I didn’t click on the spoilerific link, but have read the other two and found them to be informative but not too informative. Carl sounds like such an amazing character, I’m falling in love with him already, and to hear such positive things this early on really is a good sign. Thanks for the links, martini.

Rachel- Haha, looks like no matter what Dreamworks does, resorting to making really extreme films with monsters and aliens, they just can’t beat Pixar telling the story of an old man and a young boy exploring the world. :laughing:

I’ve decided not to spoil any plot details for myself this time around, now that my trust in pixar is up to 100%

But from what i’ve seen in those reports, it’s nice to know that it’s getting a good reception!

Roll on October! Unless they decide to delay the release over here until 2011…

Wow, the praise Up has been getting so far is very, very promising. I truly cannot wait for May 29th. Someone fetch me a Delorean!

I was at the Up panel at last year’s San Diego Comic-Con with Pete Docter, and saw lots of footage from the film too.
I would have liked to go to New York just for this one, cause I bet there was some new stuff shown. But that’s kinda asking too much when it’s all the way across the country. haha

Thanks for the posting the links, Martin! I read a couple reviews and I’m not surprised by all the praise it’s been getting :slight_smile: I heard really good things about Ed Asner as well - seems like he shines as Carl. Good to know that the voices behind the animation are just as amazing as animation itself!