Are you exicted for Up or what?!!! EXTREME MINOR SPOILERS

Are you exicted for Up?

• Duh?
  • No.

0 voters

I just got done reading the artice on Animation news about Up. Pete Doctor and the pixar gang are comparing up to previous Pixar films. He also says that if you think that WALL-E or Ratatoullie should have been nominated for Best picture Oscar wait till you see Up! {Doubtful in my opinion} :laughing: Anyways, this makes me even more exicted to see UP! :stuck_out_tongue:

He never said thatā€¦ :confused: Theyā€™re Pixar, not jerks who think themselves as the best thing ever when their film hasnā€™t been completed yet.

Yes, Iā€™m thrilled. But I deny any hyperbole now.

Edit to add just a little thought: Their interviews are always like ā€œitā€™s just telling a great story. Or trying to,ā€ and ā€œhopefully it will click.ā€ They didnā€™t set out to make Up for the Oscars, theyā€™re just trying to tell a story they like, and while theyā€™re confident and enthusiastic about it, they donā€™t go around and sell it to the Academy, but the audience, and ā€œhope it will resonate.ā€ Oscars mean squat if the story sucks.

I def. think that UP could compete with Ratatouille or WALL-E. The trailors, and screenshots ive seen are amazing, not to mention all the hype!

I think this will be a knockout. :smiley:

At the momentā€¦Iā€™m not too excited. But iā€™m not particularly fussed because i tend to trust in Pixar more than any other studio in the world.

Also Iā€™d say that they have a habit of keeping the advertising and marketing to be very modest without feeling the need to resort to This will be the best thing ever! and they tend to rely on story far more.

I can remember when the ratatouille adverts first came along. Initially I hadnā€™t seen anything from the teaser trailer that made me stand up and take notice. It was until i saw the scene with Remy and Linguini by the river that i started to get excited.

Nowadays, being presented with a good story is more exciting to me than impressive imagery. Because everything is exciting to look at these days. It doesnā€™t mean a thing :laughing:

If another trailer for UP shows some of the heartbreak and anguish that has been promisedā€¦or a bit more heartā€¦then iā€™ll be happy and far more excited.

Iā€™m definitely looking forward to Up, though not as much as I was looking forward to Ratatouille and WALL-E. Unfortunately, Ratatouille was a bit of a disappointment but WALL-E was even better than I thought itā€™d be, so hopefully thatā€™ll be the same for Up.

Iā€™m sure Up will be great, but I do worry about it mainly being a comedy film as the trailers have shown so far. I like Pixar comedy, but the humour rarely makes me laugh out loud and, in my opinion, Pixar are much better with the stronger, more emotional scenes (though Iā€™m sure thereā€™ll be plenty of those too). But weā€™ll just have to wait and see. :smiley:

I canā€™t be more excited about Up that Iā€™m now. Iā€™ve seen the trailer at least 25 times :laughing:

It looks like a funny funny funny film with sad moments. Ā”It looks like a perfect film!

I wonā€™t compare ir to WALLĀ·E becasue WALLĀ·E is the best animated movie ever and it would be a stupid thing to do. Iā€™ll just sit and enjoy.

Iā€™m definitely excited about this movie, maybe more so than I have been for previous Pixar movies. Iā€™ve been keeping tabs on this movie more than any of the othersā€¦thereā€™s just something about Carl finally going on a round-the-world adventure that really gets me. And Iā€™m loving the clips - theyā€™re just too cute! Plus it helps that every single piece of news Iā€™ve read about the movie is nothing short of exceptional :slight_smile: I REALLY canā€™t wait until May!

Excited*

And yes, very excited. itā€™s Pixar. :smiley:

Sorry, but I cant say Iā€™m all that excited about it. I dont know why. Of course Iā€™ll see it, cuz itā€™s Pixar, but the moment itā€™s not grabbing me that way. Maybe once I know more about itā€¦

Of course Iā€™m excited ā€¦ Iā€™m here arenā€™t I?

I canā€™t, however, blame anyone for NOT being excited. We havenā€™t even been shown a TENTH of what this movie is all about. (ā€¦and Iā€™m one of the guys who saw the comic con footage.)