Up Video Game! (Demo released!)

Didn’t see a thread yet on this, but the demo for the video game has been released:
[url]UpVideoGame.com is for sale | HugeDomains

Just played through it. Pretty fun, controls are a bit confusing at times.

Michael’s score sounds BRILLIANT!

I played it but the controls confused me, so I gave up. I’ll actually attempt it later.

The music is excellent and I like the intro.

Here, for you listening pleasure, is the music from Up featured in the video game release:

[url]http://rapidshare.com/files/207778163/UpScore.mp3.html[/url]

For those who don’t want to install the demo, here is a youtube of the opening cutscene:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngpeko-8ibA[/url]

Edited. I combined both of your posts. – Mitch

The controls are way too confusing, I hope they change them for the final release (though I doubt I’ll play the final release, I played this only for Spoilers :p).

The controls are a bit confusing. I can’t imagine what they’ll be like with the motion controls if they release it for the Wii. If they fix the controls I think I might rent it. The music is amazing though. I think I might get the game just to listen to it.

Thank you very much for this bout of information, NickyTea! :smiley:

I recently downloaded and played the one and only level that was accessible in the demo. Although the visuals are vibrant and the actions interesting, the game itself is, for me, too easy. However, whenever a demo from a game is provided for audiences to play, it is usually the worst and/or most boring level in the game that is chosen; henceforth, I’m not going to properly judge it too soon.

In addition, I agree with other members of the forum in that the score is lovely. I can’t wait to hear it in full when the actual film is released in cinemas.

By the way, for those of you that are having difficulties with the controls, you can easily change them under the “Settings” section of the game. :wink:

– Mitch

I’m glad I downloaded this, its getting me even more excited for the film. Yeah, I tried changing the controls and it gets confusing (I finally figured that after you press F2, you can choose “Drop Out” from the menu), and then you can continue with the game, but I jumped up on a hill that Carl can get up on with his cane, but Russel can’t get up. Hmm…

Thanks for posting the thread!

I will download this tonight perhaps. When I’m asleep.

I’m alway look for game to play on this pc. Even if it is a demo.

Lately, I’ve grown accustomed to the controls, features, and overall game play of the demo, and it really is fun to maneuver around in after some time. I particularly love degrading each of the playable characters’ health meters until they’re completely empty so as to watch Mr. Fredricksen struggle to heave himself onto a ledge… or look on as Russell drags his arms across the ground. Some of the characters’ phrases are amusing, as well, such as Russell’s, “You’re not gonna like my mirror!” when he reflects sunlight off of his mirror into the eyes of a porcupine. (heheh)

To reiterate, I adore the score. Often times, I’ll activate the game demo just to listen to the music.

By the way, if anyone is having difficulty in completing the game, feel free to give me a hollar. :wink:

– Mitch

Something went wrong when I tried to download it the first time…I’ll give it another shot now and see what happens.

There are a few new screenshots over here which show some flying stuff.

wiiz.fr/article.php?a=22888

I played the demo a few days ago.

And at the moment, it very much seems broken. I hope the final product is much better and works as should.

I’d like to note that on the product page on Amazon.com there’s a little trailer for the game, which looks alright, but the music is astounding.

amazon.com/UP-Xbox-360/dp/B0 … 690&sr=1-5

A double post, but there’s a demo for the Xbox 360 version up on the Xbox Marketplace. It features a new stage as well as a look at the multiplayer aerial fights.

I’ve learned over the years, that ALL video games based off of a movie suck (With the exception of Goldeneye 007 on the N64).

I’ll take a pass on the Up video game. But I think I WILL download this demo, because there’s actual music from the movie in it, right?

Disney_Guy: I agree, most movie based video games stink. I do like Goldeneye and the Toy Story 2 video game versions, though. And yes, the demo does have music from the film.

Anybody buying this? I just preordered mine off amazon

I’m going to skip it. Maybe I’ll buy it a year from now when the price falls, right now it doesn’t seem worth it.

First Up video game trailer:

playthq.com/us/video/index?gameId=5178/2934

The full website for the “Up” video game has been opened.

upvideogame.com/#/us