Up Characters

What are your favorite Up characters so far?

Mine is the colorful bird…him and Carl would make a great comedy team.

Shoo…
Gobble, gobble, gobble…
Shoo
gobble, gobble,gobble…

Sounds like a chicken…LOL

Kevin, the bird, is [spoil]a girl[/spoil]. :laughing:

Carl for me, definitely. I love that he wants to do something radically different with his life, and his glum personality makes me laugh. Dug is in close second mainly because of his voice- he really does sound like how I would imagine a dog to sound, that sort of enthusiastic, bouncy type voice.

I think the old guy, Carl is it? Will be my favourite character, although obviously I’ll have to watch the film before I make a judgement.

Carl is probably the most interesting character. These days you never really see old men in animation for anything besides comic relief, so it’s very refreshing. For obvious reasons, though, Kevin will be the funniest character.

Russell. No contest. His buoyant and lively personality, coupled with an equally optimistic demeanor, makes him an altogether appealing character. He reminds me of a puppy dog – so adorable and eager to please (well… sometimes). :wink:

– Mitch

Carl, Russel, and Doug. I also like Muntz but I don’t know him that much very well. I don’t like Kevin at all. :laughing:

[spoil]DUG! He’s is just so cool! I love when he goes, “Squirrel!” waits ten senconds, then turns back to Carl and says, “HI there.” In just the cutest way. I’m not that good at finding out hints so don’t laugh at me when I say, does anyone know if he’s Muntz’s dog? I hear him say, “My owner made me this collar so that I can talk!” I was just wondering. Do you guys think Dug should meet the bunny? Or would he eat him?[/spoil]
(I__I)
(=‘.’=)
(“)_(”)
Poor Bunny!

First Russell was my favourite, but now I like Dug and Kevin. But I’ll only know for sure after I’ve seen the movie.

CARL all the way! He was no chin, so I can imagine him going from the biggest frown to the biggest smile…

Kevin, Kevin, Kevin…is a complete delight.

I going to have to go with Russell right now. He has a great personality. And Kevin will be a fun character! Looking forward to seeing what kind of part she will have in the movie!

My fave characters are Carl and Dug.

Russels reminds me a bit of Short Round xDDD

I’ll have to go with Carl for the moment for most favourite. He’s a very enigmatic character, kinda like a mild Clint Eastwood or an older House. Very snarky and snappy, and I’m always on the lookout for wisecraking “zingers”. Of course, there’s a deeper undercurrent to all that nastiness, namely his [spoil]rejection of people due to having lost a loved one before.[/spoil]

Dug is my second favourite, because I like the concept of his body language conveying his emotions, and how that synchs with his collar translator. I’m a sucker for animated acting.

Kevin is third, because she’s quirky and a bit daffy, perhaps? I like how people keep mistaking her for a guy. I’ve asked this before, but how do we know she’s a girl? Maybe she’ll lay an egg or Russell will consult his ranger guidebook to identify her gender.

Russell is my least favourite for his annoying over-enthusiasm, but I don’t really hate him, how can I? He’s such a charming do-gooder, if only a little too “by the books” (I love how he consults that guidebook on how to greet old people or apply bandages). But I’m sure I’ll grow to like him.

I don’t really know much about Muntz, so I can’t say much.

As seen in some of the inside clips and exclusive features, yes, Carl does have a lot of “zingers”

Based on what we’ve seen so far, I gotta go with Russell - I just find his eagerness and his energy soooo endearing. He’s had me laughing in every single clip. Totally agree with Mitch - he’s like a puppy dog. Too cute!!! :laughing:

thedriveintheatre - Nice run-down of the characters and what you admire (or shun) about their differing personalities. I like how you compared Carl to a Clint Eastwood type of individual.

Ha! I never thought of that…

– Mitch