New Up sneak peak on Disney Channel

Apparently this Saturday they’re airing a sneak peak of up during the Cars marathon (which also features the Disney Channel premiere of Cars). Unfortunately, you’ll have to sit through the whole thing, because no specific time was announced. :confused: I’m hoping it’s not just the trailer.

I take it that this sneak peak may be the second installation in the Adventures with Carl and Russell “Up-isode” series. If not, then perhaps it’s the new trailer? We’ll have to wait and see…

– Mitch

I would’nt sit through it unless you want to watch it. You could probably find it online or on Disney.com

I saw it. It was just the new trailer with some weird minor edits, such as putting both of Carl’s sound clips in the thunderstorm scene overlapping each other a bit.

I was planning on watching Cars today anyway. Although if they dont show this ‘sneak peak’ it doesnt look like I’m missing anything…

Tonight there’s going to be another Up thing on Disney Channel.
youtube.com/watch?v=20Ud4Qzi2ZE

It’ll probably be a clip we’ve seen already (ie. Upisode 3) but you never know.

That’s odd. It said “This film is not yet rated”, yet it’s already received a PG rating :confused:

Actually, I saw this commercial the day before the PG rating was announced.

Oh, okies. Thanks for the clarification!

I caught that Disney Surfers sneak peek of Up an hour or two ago. Nothing new was shown – simply clips from the official trailer and an extended version of the moment where Carl Fredricksen lifts up in his house (it was the same clip that aired during The View’s week-long Disney marathon some time ago). However, during that “up-lifting” sequence, a piece of the score from the film was played. It sounded a bit like the “soundtrack” that can be heard in the Up video game (demo). Pure Michael Giacchino brilliance.

At the end of the segment, it was announced that, on Sunday (April 26th), the Disney Surfers would examine the film (Up) further, and I believe that Pete Docter will be interviewed then, as well.

The sneak peek itself will probably be available for viewing on this website momentarily: Disney Movie Surfers Official Website

Catch the next installment in the series on Sunday, April 26th!!

– Mitch

My apologies for the double post, but, if any of you get the Disney Channel, you should probably turn it on right now. They’ve been showing one mini-featurette after another of Up since 9:00 PM Pacific Standard Time (PST), courtesy of the Disney Movie Surfers, some of which is new footage!

The new clips already shown include these:

[spoil]- Russell attempting to put up a tent with an innumerable number of poles/sticks… and failing in the process.

• Russell sitting down on a log next to Carl Fredricksen, and saying, “Tents are hard.”

• Carl standing in front of his house (in the city) and rolling his hat along his arms/shoulders before throwing it at the camera. (I take it that this footage was animated especially for the Disney Channel and will not be featured in the final film.)[/spoil]

There were several other short, one to three second clips (give or take) of Russell and Carl doing various things in Carl’s house and in the jungle. Woah! Heck, they just showed some more clips! It looks as if they’re profiling each character, starting with Carl, Russell, and Dug. Gosh, I’m geekin’ out here…

More new clips shown include…

[spoil]- Dug holding onto Kevin’s leg as she drags him along in Carl and Russell’s wake. Dug kept pleading, “Please be my prisoner! Please be my prisoner!” as he was being dragged.

• Dug bowling Carl over and licking his face excessively.

• Carl throwing one of the tennis balls from his walker into the bushes for Dug to catch.

• Russell and Dug looking for and locating Kevin.[/spoil]

I don’t want to spoil too much in the way of dialogue, mostly because I’ve already forgotten it, but I’ll tell you right now that this film looks like gold. Dug, in particular, is such a great personality, Carl looks as if he has a lot of fun on his journey despite the obstacles in tow, and Russell is just too cute. I swear, I can’t get enough of that character. Pixar has created many an endearing individual, but Russell I’m just… in love with…

Pete Docter was also on hand to give a synopsis on the film and the personalities of each character. I’m sure he will continue his quick commentary on the production momentarily (during the next commercial break), and, as far as clips go, I take it that Kevin will be the next to be profiled.

Turn on your T.V.!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: Another new clip was shown about ten to fifteen minutes ago. Approximately two minutes or more of the film was shown, which was this:

[spoil]Carl Fredricksen finally gets fed up with having Kevin and Dug tag along, especially since he already has Russell to deal with.

“I don’t want you here and I don’t want you here!” Carl yells at Dug and Kevin respectively, pointing at each of them in turn with his walker. “You I’m stuck with*,” he tells Russell.

Suddenly, Dug notices the tennis balls on Carl’s walker, and starts running around excitedly. Making good use of an idea that Carl suddenly formulates, he grabs one of the balls and throws it into the bushes for Dug to fetch. It works. Before Dug barely has time to run after the ball, Carl demands Russell’s chocolate bar, breaks off a piece of chocolate, and throws it into yet another set of foliage for Kevin to chase, which she does all too eagerly.

With both comrades astray, Carl grabs Russell and starts running as fast as he can into the jungle – through dense undergrowth, across lonely streams, up steep cliffs. Finally reaching the top of a plateau, Carl halts his strenuous trek, self-assured that he’s lost both the bird and the dog. Of course, his assumptions are of no consequence, for there’s Kevin right next to Russell… and Dug, as well, a smile on his face and a wet ball in his mouth.

“Afternoon*,” Carl says in the most monotonous tone possible.[/spoil]

*Keep in mind that I may or may not have gotten these lines of dialogue correct. I’m 90% sure that they’re accurate, though.

That was the end of the clips. Hopefully, they’ll put this footage up on the official Disney Movie Surfers website, if they haven’t done so already.

– Mitch

Aww. I caught the first three clips but then I could NOT tolerate sitting through Hatching Pete, so I fell asleep. Hopefully they pop up on the internet soon.

Bryko614 - Ha! The feeling is mutual. I just turned the volume to “mute” whenever Hatching Pete played. Stupid chicken. I can’t believe that film got made. :stuck_out_tongue:

Here’s a Disney Movie Surfers behind-the-scenes featurette of Up, but it wasn’t one of the ones that was shown during the night that I was… geekin’ out:

Movie Surfers - Up

There are, perhaps, two to three new clips shown in this segment, but they’re frightfully short.

– Mitch

This isn’t really related, but I caught a new Up TV spot on TV today. I wasn’t really paying attention since I was playing a video game at the same time, but there was some new stuff in it.

There was another clip of Russel and Carl finding Dug last night during the premiere of JONAS. It was really funny (like most of the Up clips we’ve seen so far) and It had mostly new footage! :smiley:

I wish I had cable. I wanna see these! I guess I’ll scour Disney’s website to see what’s online.

Hehe, based on the Movie Surfer’s thing, we now know Russell lives in an apartment. Maybe that’s part of why Carl’s house is so fascinating to him.

EDIT - No luck finding the clips that were aired, but I did find a short one with Carl and Russell walking through the jungle.

New Clip - Meet Dug [HD]!!!

Enjoy! :smiley:

youtube.com/watch?v=0emeSdYIvwQ

Thanks for sharing that. That totally made my day! :smiley:

I love the new clip. This movie is definitely going to be hilarious.

Is there going to be a Meet Carl clip or something?

About the clip with Dug, he says [spoil]that he was sent on a mission to find the bird all by himself[/spoil], I wonder if that means if [spoil]the pack sent him on purpose all alone knowing he would never get the bird… as a way to banish him from the pack[/spoil]? Just a thought.